[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creatine/Progress Stunt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
So until about 5 months ago I started working out, and I about started with no muscle at all. I was 6'2" and 140 lbs. Now I am 155 lbs.

2 Questions here: Is it normal to get stuck on progress? About 1 month ago (when I started taking creatine) I bumped up to benching 115 (note- I started benching 55 so trust me I was seriously weak) and I've been stuck here. I've been steadily adding by the week but I don't think I can go to 125 for the past 3 weeks. I really struggle to do full sets here and I don't feel like I'm making progress. What's up with that? Also, I haven't noticed any benefit from creatine at all, I don't feel like I can push myself any further clearly.

Thoughts?
>>
Are you still gaining weight?
>>
>>36524570

Keep gaining weight slowly but steadily. Strength gains to be had staying at that height and weight are going to be very, very slow.
>>
Eat more, Try doing more reps on the last set.

Eventually you'll be able to go up 5 pounds. If all else fails deload 10-15 pounds and continue with as many reps as possible on the last set, when you work your way back up you should be able to get past your plateau.
>>
>>36524596
Not significantly recently. First surge came from the first few months consuming way more protein than I was previously
>>
>>36524650
Eat more. You should be gaining a pound a week. If you're not, eat more. Eat a gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. If you're not, eat more.

Eat, sleep, lift, repeat. Stalling happens, just keep at it.
>>
>>36524570
Creatine increases your strength by roughly 5% on heavy, brief sets (e.g. 5 reps). It's not necessarily noticeable but it adds up in the long run.
>>
>>36524570
Creatine absorbs water into your muscles and stays in the muscle itself, slowly being used up over time. Someone who takes 10g of creatine a day will put on about a pound of creatine weight from the drug itself (powder weight as it's called) and another 5lbs of water weight in 3 weeks time.

Water weight increase decreases over time but in 5 months at your weight you should expect about 10lbs of water weight and 7lbs of powder weight increase. Pretty close to your numbers.

Creatine does not help you build muscle and only offers a 5-10% strength boost depending on exercise. Once you gain the 5-10% starter boost you will see no further strength increases, even as your powder level goes up.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.