[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you know people who think they know everything about fitness;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: annoyedpepe.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
annoyedpepe.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
Do you know people who think they know everything about fitness; yet in reality, the know nothing?

>work with a girl
>she's fat
>she's been doing cardio to lose weight
>wants to build muscle so she "lifts"
>she thinks she needs to keep her heart rate up while "lifting"
>she thinks that spending 2 hours on arms is a good thing

she's not gonna fucking make it.
>>
>>36523157

At least she's putting in the effort you faggot. Misguided it may be, but better than the other retards who are fat and instead just complain.
>>
>>36523157
>girl I live with works out
>I claim that you can't gain 40lbs muscle in a year natty
>she says that she knows someone who gained 30lbs muscle in 30 days natty while losing weight
>get into huge argument
>>
File: 1446323317674.gif (661 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1446323317674.gif
661 KB, 500x281
>be me
>somewhat shredded
>stupid cunt my roommate has over tries telling me about nutrition
>telling me i shouldn't be eating so much
>I should try something else besides chicken and fish because "reasons"
>tune her out after 3 minutes
>>
>>36523175
She is legitimately going to hurt herself. I keep trying to give her advice, and she wants to do everything at once.

>she does a leg day
>she's not used to training legs
>he legs are sore so she spends an hour on the elliptical at high intensity

she is fucking crazy.

>>36523210
sounds like the girl I work with. she spouts off bro science like that all the time.
>>
>>36523157
>2/8 hours on arms
C'MON
>>
>>36523235

Well, if you've tried several times and she doesn't give a shit. Then you've done your part. Ignore and move on.

She'll hurt herself and that'll be the end of that.
>>
>>36523228
w-what do they suggest you eat???
>>
>>36523244
They said I should enjoy myself and not be so serious with nutrition. I don't know why someone would say that right after they told me I shouldn't eat so much.
>>
>>36523259
>"lol your such a stick in the mud anon, just have a little of these nachos, and wings, and beer!"

>captcha: select all the food
>>
>>36523310
Oh trust me, I've had my fair share of turning down shit like that.
>>
>work closely with three females
>one skinny petite azn, one normal sized white girl, one obese black girl
>90% of their discussions revolve around dieting and what they're eating
>azn refuses to exercise except yoga because she "doesn't want to get bulky"
>white girl runs a ludicrous amount but eats a ludicrous amount of junk food
>black girl, bless her heart, sweetest girl ever, but just cannot stop fucking eating way too much every day
>2 years later
>they all look the exact same

I have to bite my tongue on a near-daily basis when they make comments like oh yeah anon over here, losing weight and gaining muscle because he's a guy

has nothing to do with my strict diet and lifting 5x/wk i guess
>>
>>36523157
I had a friend tell me that a grand chess master burns more calories in 1 game than a marathon runner does for 1 race.

Luckily, my other friends aren't retarded and we all called him out on it. His argument was something about mental strength and being fatigued.
>>
>somewhat overweight manager at work offers me some of her seasoned mixed nuts.
>politely decline, she questions why
>Reply that I'm trying to lose weight and counting calories really closely
>"But anon, these are GOOD calories"
>Say I can't fit them in to my meal plan and that I have set goals for macros
>"But these have so many good vitamins and acids"
>Reply that I take a multivitamin and fish oil
>"But these come from a natural source, so much better for you"
>Re-state that it doesn't fit my meal plan which has been giving me good results
>"When I went on a diet I only ate 800 calories a day and ate 6 meals every day and I didn't stop eating nuts and I didn't have to take vitamins."
>Tell her I'm trying to eat over 150 grams of protein a day while staying under 1800 calories and nuts won't help me achieve my goals
>"I feel sorry for you anon, that sucks"

NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T SUCK I'M LOSING A SHIT TON OF WEIGHT AND FEEL GREAT GODDAMIT
>>
>>36523366
goddamnit. It's like women are perpetually brainwashed by the stereotypes and social norms they constantly feel they need to live by

>>36523376
your friend sounds like he is a try hard pseudo intellectual.
>>
>>36523398
People really should pay attention to serving size and calories. I was utterly astonished when I learned how calorie dense nuts are.
>>
>>36523435
he always has these dumb fucking ideas because he believes whatever he reads first on a subject.
>>
>>36523210
>2016
>not knowing rich piana
>>
File: csimiami.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
csimiami.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>36523398
lol
> having to eat 1800 calories to lose weight
> tfw I only have to eat under 3000 and I'm at a deficit
> I aint even fat
>>
>>36523398
Nuts do contain good fats you fucking autist.
>2016
>not eating nuts for maximum gains
>not gonna make it
>>
>>36523157
Lemme guess. You just started and feel superior because you read the sticky so you think you know shit.

Cringe.
>>
>>36523398
>Reply that I'm trying to lose weight and counting calories really closely

That's where you went wrong. You would have avoided this whole ordeal if you had just said "No thanks, I'm not hungry" or "No thanks, I'm really full right now cause I just ate". You gotta learn how to lie if you don't want to hear bullshit like this all the time, fampai
>>
>>36523210
>claim that you can't gain 40lbs muscle in a year natty

maybe you can't, lightweight babby
>>
>>36523528
no. I've been doing this for 3 years or so....
>>
>>36523528
Lol gg OP.
>>
>>36523528
I don't even lift but I am superior to my friend who does improperly. I'm just confusing the body right now with a 1 year rest period. Whatever it takes goddamnit!
>>
>use to work with an obnoxious morbidly obese manlet
>literally morbidly obese
>at lunch was eating tuna and rice on a cut
>asks me why I'm eating rice if I'm 'trying to lose weight'
>tell him it's fine
>lol no you can't eat carbs and lose weight

Boss had previously put him on a diet with no carbs to try get him to not die at 30, offered him $200 if he did it for a month. He lasted less than a week, he bragged to people that he ate McDonald's burgers without the bun. He was that fucking stupid. Since then he thinks he is a nutritional expert despite not losing a pound. Anyway.

>continues to tell me how I won't lose weight eating rice
>tells me it turns into fat and you get nothing out of it
>room full of coworkers so I just agree with him and keep eating
>next day sane conversation
>he starts laughing at me and trys to get other coworkers attention
>everyone hates him so they ignore him
>fast forward a week and he does it daily
>lose my shit and tell him how his diabetes will kill him and how listening to a fat person give diet advice is painful.
>he rages telling me I'm an idiot and how I'm just mad I'm wrong

So glad I left that job. He ended up getting fired because he took a day off a week because his diabetes got worse. He drank 3 redbulls a day and fast food all the time. He ended up dumping his obese girlfriend and posted on Facebook about getting his life on track and how dumping his gf and getting fired were the best things ever cause he would get s better job and blamed his weight on his gf

>4months later he is unemployed and single

I hope I buml into him someday
>>
>>36523590
Sounds like he's your office bully tubby.
>>
>>36523503
Am fat. Huge deficit. Losing fat rapidly. Eating @ 10xgoalbodyweight

>>36523522
I activate my Omega-3s so I don't see the problem
>>
>>36523667
well good on ya then
>>
>>36523590
do you work somewhere in Europe??

I can't imagine a company here in the US taking a personal interest like that in some fat fucks health.
>>
File: come.jpg (7 KB, 197x255) Image search: [Google]
come.jpg
7 KB, 197x255
>>36523157
>only spending 2hours
>not 8 hours
C'MOOOOOOOOOON!!!!
>>
>>36523756
CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>36523157

my manager at work said that full-fat milk was better for you because skimmed and semi-skimmed have too many sugars in which they use to lower the fat content
>>
File: 1455512210147.jpg (127 KB, 600x1266) Image search: [Google]
1455512210147.jpg
127 KB, 600x1266
>>36523244
Girls usually tell me i should eat their pussy.

Just kidding. Ive never even seen a vagina.
>>
>>36523157

used to work with these women who used to eat the most massive junk food meals for lunch, but then an hour or two after have some sort of bullshit cabbage soup "because i'm trying to stay healthy"
>>
>>36523854
Like a bag of sand
>>
>>36523537

lol you think these social rejects can navigate any type of social situation? That conversation went on way longer than it needed to
>>
>>36523854
iktfb
>>
File: 1369070165770778.jpg (9 KB, 240x181) Image search: [Google]
1369070165770778.jpg
9 KB, 240x181
>>36523999
>Social reject not conditioned to know the exit conversation phrases

>Idiot incapable of learning much less understanding macros and dieting.

Id pick the first one desu senpai
>>
>>36523210
I went from 140lb skeleton to about 175lb my first year lifting.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 200x179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 200x179
>>36524331
>implying all of the weight you gained was muscle.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.