[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this happens /fit/ > friend of mine sees a buff dude in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 1451943549118.jpg (174 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451943549118.jpg
174 KB, 1000x1000
So this happens /fit/

> friend of mine sees a buff dude in the gym wardrobe and is eyeing him down
> no homo
> we're both mirin
> go upstairs to workout
> muh strength program
> muh 3x5 compounds
> this guy we are miring litteraly lifts jack shit
> and in my confusion my friend says
> eyyy anon how come u dont look like that when your stronger?
> triggered

Tl;dr It's not how much you lift but how much u look like you lift.

Does anyone have some of thoose bro splits? Looking at 5 day split atm. Any reccomendations for hyperteophy programs?

Inb4 pic related
>>
Those programs won't do shit for you unless you start juicing.
>>
>>36522889
Just do ppl and add accessories.
>>
File: 1452853488492.webm (1 MB, 534x626) Image search: [Google]
1452853488492.webm
1 MB, 534x626
>>36522969
Any example of a solid PPL porgram?
>>
>>36522889
Was this guy doing a 3x5 or 5x5 beginner program? He might just be lifting high rep volume with lighter weight to build muscle mass. His 1RM is probably way higher than yours.
>>
>>36523063
Coolcicadas PPL is the one I've been using, and yes you can add diddys to pull day if you want to.
>>
File: weight.jpg (86 KB, 706x431) Image search: [Google]
weight.jpg
86 KB, 706x431
>natty meme
>>
>>36522889
>>
>>36522889

if ur mirin he probably lifts more than you do. there are these things you maybe haven't heard of called 'sets' and 'reps' and maybe even 'deloading' that could affect the numbers he's putting up in comparison to yours.

instead of judging him maybe you should just worry about yourself?
>>
>>36523063
Yes, this one:
>Pull
Chinups 3x8
Snatch grip DL 3x8 (no straps)
Chest supported rows or Cable rows or DB rows 3x8
Incline seated or concentration DB curls 3x8
>Push
Bench Press 3x8
DB military press 3x8
Dips 3x8
Lat raises 3x8
>Legs
High bar squat 3x8
RDL 3x8
100m sprints xF

PPLx, and maybe another rest day every Sunday (so you have 2-3 rest days per week)

Don't go above squat weight for RDLs and don't go above 80% of that for Snatch DLs

Rest well, the volume on this program is very high.

Progress in reps until 3x12, then add enough weight to drop back to 3x8

The sprints are essential for cardio, calf and core work, don't neglect them

Add decline sit-ups or hanging leg raises on the end of pull day if you want.
>>
File: 1454475795590s.jpg (3 KB, 100x125) Image search: [Google]
1454475795590s.jpg
3 KB, 100x125
>>36523297
>this is what people who lift for less than a year think is a good routine.
>>
>>36523394
I have been lifting for 3 years. What do you think is a good routine, and what do you dislike about that one?

Although I should know better than to expect a serious post from a dumb frogposter.
>>
>>36523297
Looks insanly decent senpai

Cheers
>>
>>36523436
this routine is riddled with flaws i dont even know where to start.
>>
>>36523675
great response. get the fuck out
>>
Push pull legs is a fucking meme and you won't get strong or look good doing it if you're still getting noob gains.
>>
>>36523675
My boy Fermat here
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 373x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 373x426
HE WAS DOING HIS FEEDER WORKOUT, FUCKING HUMAN
>>
>>36522889

Fatty would be built as fuck if he cut, though. And he could fuck up the crossfitter's life.
>>
>>36523675
>>36523909
Ugh fine then.
The layout : PPL is a tried and proven scheme for building muscle so its ok, its more conventional to have 1-2 rest days a week but 3 is aight.
The exercise selection:
choosing to do snatch grip pulls without straps is just wanting to fuck with your gains, there is no way you can hold in a snatch grip your 3x8 snatch grip weight, i can see that hte RDL you do on > legs day is what drives your progression throughout the routine, you are basically leaning 2 big compounds lifts on one, whilst giving your 2 pulls a big handicap by arbitrarily capping your RDL weight (which drives your main pulling forward) and your snatch grip DL by using no straps.
The Volume:
this routine is severly lacking in volume, you do 12 sets a workout, with exercises you appeared to make sure are light, i mean, every muscle is being worked in this routine, but doing the same shit twice a week wont give you any progress, surely not with this volume, i mean sure you can probably get by somehow with this routine with some gains, but you are just depriving yourself of more gains by not doing more compounds and isolations.
sprints do not work core to a significant extent, wanna get a stronger core?
do heavier compounds and ab exercises.
>>
>>36524007

The fatty in question would need to cut about three fifty for that to happen. Lewis made his choices to eat his way to records over roiding his way there and it came at one hell of a cost.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.