[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone improved their vision?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 236x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 236x260
Is it even possible to do so naturally? Any personal experiences?
>>
>>36522227
bump for interest, i spend way too much time in front of a computer, and i fear that the damage is done, but it just hasn't catched up to me. i'm also worried that this might continue in the future.
>>
Bump. i'm interested too
>>
>>36522227
The art of seeing by Aldous Huxley
>>
>>36522262
I've been standing in front of a computer for almost 8 years several hours a day, never been wearing any kind of glasses, I recently passed army's aptitude tests and I got max score for each test on eyes.

Computer screen fucking up your eyes is a meme
>>
>>36522262
>>36522872
It's not the staring at screens that fucks up your eyes, it's the focusing on something close for long periods of time that can do damage. They recommend that if you're working on a computer to turn away from the screen and focus on something in the distance every few hours to give your eye muscles something to do.
>>
>>36522823
How did the book help you?
>>
File: Nethra Vyayaman.png (14 KB, 401x397) Image search: [Google]
Nethra Vyayaman.png
14 KB, 401x397
Try these exercises, I started them myself as part of a hatha yoga routine and they helped with an astigmatism I have.

>Sit in a comfortable position, feel the body quiet down. Close the eyes and relax. In all of the following eye exercises, begin slowly, gradually increasing the speed of the movements. After ten to fifteen times, close the eyes and allow them to relax.

>1: Move the eyes vertically, up and down, as far as they will go.

>2: Move the eyes horizontally, from left to right.

>3: Move the eyes diagonally, from the upper right to the lower left.

>4: Move the eyes diagonally, from the upper left to the lower right.

>5: Move the eyes in a half-circle, from the lower right, up around the top half of the eye to the lower left, and back over the top of the eye to the lower right.

>6: Move the eyes in a half-circle, from the upper right, down around the lower half of the eye to the upper left, and back under the bottom of the eye to the upper right.

>7: Move the eyes clockwise in a full circle, passing through all points on the circle.

>8: Move the eyes counterclockwise in a full circle.

>After completing the exercises, close the eyes. Rub the palms together rapidly until they feel quite warm. Then cup the eyes with the palms, without pressing the palms against the eyes. Feel the darkness and let your eyes absorb the warmth. When the eyes are fully relaxed, slowly bring the palms down over the cheeks until the fingertips reach the closed eyelids. Gently move the fingertips to the outer edges of the eyes, with gentle massaging motions, and bring the hands down.

>Caution: Do not strain your eyes. Make sure that your head does not move during these exercises, just your eyes.
>Benefits: All of the eye muscles are exercised. It helps to increase circulation, strengthens the optic nerves, and is a general aid to the improvement of the eyesight.

>Source: Integral Yoga Hatha, Yogiraj Sri Swami Satchidananda
>>
>>36523071
Can anyone link a source that backs up this actually being anything more than a placebo? Sounds legit but I'd just like some sort of validation from a credible source.
>>
>>36523145
its like working any other exercise, its the same premise as physical therapy, working weak muscles.
>>
>>36523145

Brah, vision training has been around for millennia - we call it orthoptics now.
>>
Wearing a patch over one eye while doing simple tasks such as bathing, watching non-strenuous tv, or walking around will help to strengthen its prescription if one is different than the other
This is prescribed ot people with lazy eyes all the time
>>
>>36523214
Well orthoptics wiki page was convincing enough for me. I'll trust ya brah.
>>
>>36522872
>>36522933
yeah Idk about all that though i'm not that guy but I too have spent pretty much my entire life in front of a computer screen and when I was a kid I would sit stupidly close to the computer screen and I have 20/20 vision
>>
I have strabismus, It got detected a year ago and changed Lenses, and got a mini-improvement in vision. Now that I regularly go to the gym it has helped my posture and I feel a Massive improvemente in vision. But O guess that's not what you're looking for in 'bettering vision'. Sorry for broken English
>>
>>36522872

In childhood, when you spend time outside in sunlight, your body secretes a chemical that makes your eyeballs stop growing.

If you were like me and played video games 8 hours per day in the summer, and never went outside, then you never got the chemical signals, so your eyes kept growing and you end up shortsighted as fuck.
>>
Your eyes aren't a muscle.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.