[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat GF needs to get fit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: work.png (1 MB, 837x877) Image search: [Google]
work.png
1 MB, 837x877
/fit/, my GF needs your help.

I started dating her 5 months ago. At first I dumped her, because she was too fat (105 kg, 231 lb), but she has really nice personality, so I give it a chance. But I told her to lose weight. Told her about counting calories, and she started diet.

After 5 months she lost 11 kg (24 lb). She is not happy, and telling me that this is too slow, and she doesn't see any changes. I get mad and told her, that she have to do exercises.

And now /fit/, what exercises should she do to make her lose weight faster? She is fat - so anything hard is impossible. She have bad knee - running and jumping are impossible too. And, what is worst, she is quite lazy. If I don't motivate her - she won't do a thing.

Once a week she is going to swimming pool. We have park near our house. What exercises and on what duration should I told her to do?
>>
squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, pullups

if you start with only the bar they arent too hard. alternatively, run or swim (better for joints when youre heavy) 2-3 times a week. and watch what you eat.
>>
File: crossfit general.webm (3 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
crossfit general.webm
3 MB, 640x640
>>
>>36521516
OP do you think she'll watch your skinnyfat body if she gets in shape?

That's right.
>>
File: 1457747261073.jpg (108 KB, 483x692) Image search: [Google]
1457747261073.jpg
108 KB, 483x692
>>36521581
>overweight person with bad knee
>squats
>pullups
>>36521597
>Bad knee
>Lazy
Jesus Christ, retards, why don't you kiss elephant trunk
>>36521607
I don't care, she can dump me as long as she will be healthy and happy. World will be better if I will help one fatty become nice grill, and karma will give me money bruh.
>>
>>36521675
youre writing a whole paragraph starting out with an unrelated blog post and expect us to read it all carefully, not even a tl;dr. and then call people retards even though parts of your story sound like there were written by a russian highschooler.

and she cant do pull ups or bench presses with a bad knee? sure, maybe fix that knee first before trying to do exercises, because if you only want to do exercises that dont involve anything related to the knees i can guarantee you you will not keep doing these exercises for a long time.
>>
>>36521516
swimming is the only thing she can do that will not have any adverse effects on her knee.
>>
Is it worth it? She will resent you, and then once she gets fit leave you for one of the many guys she will now attract. Seems like it would be better to find a girl who is already fit, then at least you know she's not with you because you're the best option available *at the moment*.
>>
>>36521675

sauce?
>>
>>36521597

Someone should set this to some cool music and loop it into a 10 hour youtube clip
>>
>>36521791
ffs dude, it's like two lines. Are you a toddler and can't read it in like half of a minute? You are retards, it's just a fact

When was the last time when you saw woman with 95 kilos that did pull ups? And she can't get her knee fixed because she is fucking too fat. I wouldn't told about this if it could be fixed that easy.
>>
>>36521856
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCyTijJzEwo

I got you fa(m)
>>
>>36521860
you dont deserve any help, i hope everyone else sees that too
>>
File: ctpie.jpg (54 KB, 600x904) Image search: [Google]
ctpie.jpg
54 KB, 600x904
>>36521845
sorry bro, i don't have any
>>36521830
Nah, I don't care desu. She can dump me if she want. Women are expensive and annoying. It's good to have gf, you have sex and shit, but it's also ok when you are alone. You have more free time.
Look, think about it in that way - you stop one girl from being a fat fucking whale and probably saves her from pitiful, miserable life. Maybe she will help someone else? Maybe someone will be motivated when he looks at how she changed? It's good for society, mate.
>>
>>36521889
>he is a bad guy because i say so, am i right /fit/?
>am i right...?
you don't deserve to live, you little, hateful piece of fat
>>
>>36521860
If they want equal rights they should be able to compete to an equal level

At my fattest i was 127kg and am now 98kg and still cutting
I smoked I drank and did a cluster fuck of drugs, I have one flat foot caused by tendon damage from being obese and during this time crashed a motorbike, broke my ribs and a wrist

Bad joints are expected to happen when being fat, if she can't address the problem and get a knee support and work through it i'd suggest working around it and building strength elsewhere and changing eating habits

Discipline is more important that blaming the parts of you that don't work as well
My left side is no where near as strong as my right but I have to do more sets at lower weight to compensate for this
>>
>>36521997
i know mate. She changed her eating habits (11 kg lost only by it). I just don't know what exercises should she do to support weight lose if she can't use one of her leg properly. And how many times a week she should do exercises.
>>
>>36521675
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>36522041
Get a knee support

Warm up with 10 minutes on a cross trainer
(2:30 pushing/2:30 pulling/2:30 pushing/2:30 pulling)

Use free weights on Squats (i don't know what she can handle but 5kg usually ok starter)
repeat this until either 20 squats or failure
then do more squats without weights until 20 or failure
then just sit/stand up on the weight bench until 20

Start her with deep lunges over a distance and if she can handle it add a sandbag 3.5-7.5kg depending

Also correct footwear is important, get some shoes with a good grip and a slightly raised heel/gel insert

If the knee is genuinely that bad don't get on a treadmill
>>
>>36521597
>didn't read lol
>>
>>36521516
get her to do some cardio or what ever but mostly get her to eat less, exercise is worth fuck all trying to lose weight, losing 11kg in 5 months is fucking awful but i guess if your not used to dieting its going to be that way
really she just needs to hate herself more
>>
>>36521910
That only works with guys
>>
File: cake.gif (2 MB, 280x136) Image search: [Google]
cake.gif
2 MB, 280x136
>>36521516
>She have bad knee - running and jumping are impossible too. And, what is worst, she is quite lazy. If I don't motivate her - she won't do a thing.
Give up. She is destined to be fat.
>>
>>36521860
Girl here
I really hope you say it to her nicely
Because it's very hurtful when a guy you like tells you you're fat
>>
>>36521516
DNP
N
P
>>
File: diet-food_cravings.jpg (69 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
diet-food_cravings.jpg
69 KB, 599x600
>>36521516
>After 5 months she lost 11 kg (24 lb). She is not happy, and telling me that this is too slow

should is over losing a pound a week, which is pretty good. she is eating at about 500 calorie deficit a day. if she keeps on track she'll drop over 50# in a year. that's huge. only thing she can do is eat less food, but eat food that makes her full fast. swimming will help her burn a lot of calories, so if she does want to exercise more, tell her to do that.

>pic related; how to deal with food cravings
>>
File: hugbox.jpg (80 KB, 800x491) Image search: [Google]
hugbox.jpg
80 KB, 800x491
>>36522217
>>
>>36521516
>She have bad knee - running and jumping are impossible too.

S W I M M I N G
W
I
M
M
I
N
G
>>
>>36521812
>stationary bike
>elliptical

swimming is third at best
>>
>>36522217
>Because it's very hurtful when a guy you like tells you you're fat
solution: dont be a fatass
or
dont be delusional
>>
>>36522217
>white knight here i am
Y-you can do it anon, r-reach for the stars
>>
OP, forget exercise.

Just have her follow a stricter diet.

Diet is the fastest way to lose weight by following a calorie deficit. Exercise helps but that whole bad knee thing makes it complicated in her case.

She can also pick up a productive hobby to help her put her energy to something besides eating all day (which is how people get fat), something like learning an instrument, playing video games, or light sports.
>>
>>36521516

it doesn't need to come off fast. as long as she's exercising and eating correctly the weight will stay off.
>>
>>36522296
>playing video games
zoz

>>36521516
>After 5 months she lost 11 kg (24 lb). She is not happy, and telling me that this is too slow

wut, she is on the right track, can't she just wait until pregnancy with loose skin? 105 kg is a lot, it took her a couple of years to get there, what does she expect? The only thing needed is keeping up the good work and not losing motivation. When she has to buy small clothes, she made it.
>>
>>36522259
how to actually deal with cravings
>caffeine
>distraction yourself until they go away
>self control
>>
>>36521597
Can someone PLEASE edit the first half of the video with "didn't read lol"

Would be the funniest thing
>>
>>36522383
Also gum
>>
File: demboobies.jpg (28 KB, 500x747) Image search: [Google]
demboobies.jpg
28 KB, 500x747
>>36522142
Thank you, boss. These advices are really good. I owe you one.
>>36522217
Sorry, I wasn't nice. I was serious. I told her that she need to lose her weight, like i would told this to a man who is drug addict. Obesity is a disease and she needed strong shock. I give it to her, and she decided to change her life.
>>36522259
Thanks mate, those are good advices! Thanks for motivating words, i think too that 11 kg in 5 months is good.
>>36522268
aye mate
>>36522296
she is eating below 1800 kcal daily, sometimes even below 1300. Hell, sometimes i gettin' mad at her when she is eating too little and don't come to 1000 kcal.
>>36522330
>>36522319
i'm telling her these things all day long. But thanks guys, gonna show her these comments, they will probably motivate her
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.