[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with receding/mature hairline? Anyone on fin/minox?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (521 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
file.png
521 KB, 500x750
How do you deal with receding/mature hairline? Anyone on fin/minox?
If you have been on it/them for +1 year any noticeable hair growth?
>>
Receding hairline is alright. Atleast you're not diffuse thinning like me. Life is a living hell.
>>
Will is getting old :(
>>
>>36520650
Why do we need a thread on this every day? The information isn't changing.

>hair growth product's
>shave your head
>New full head of hair
>LONDON

There I completed the thread for you. Let's go make another one.
>>
File: results.jpg (126 KB, 830x431) Image search: [Google]
results.jpg
126 KB, 830x431
pic related are my results
fin 1 year 3 months
minox 9 months

saw results after 6 months on fin and 2 months on minox

If you go to "Hair Loss Talk" forums there's tons of success stories you can look at. Results vary greatly between guys, so the only way to know if you'll have success is to try. Ignore the finasteride horror stories, it's one of the most tame drugs you can buy.
>>
I'm on Minox. I initially got it to improve my temple area / stop the receding on my temples, but now i also use it at for my beard. It definately works. I've been using it for 2 or 3 months now and i see slight improvement on my temples, and massive improvement on my beard.
>>
>>36520770

chris?
>>
>>36520779
nope
>>
>>36520773
I am mostly interested for the temples, this is reassuring to hear as I am close to ordering the stuff.
I'm like OP pic at age 21 it sucks but seems to have slowed down so I am not sure how much it will continue.
You do it twice a day, morning and evening? Rogaine?

>>36520770
Really great results, how old are you? I'm probably getting on minox soon, still not sure about fin considering I look like OP
>>
>>36520825

26, going on 27

If you know you're balding then don't beat around the bush and ignore finasteride. Minox "works" but only in that it causes regrowth, but it doesn't stop the cause of hair loss. Finasteride stops the cause of hair loss, so it's critical for any hair loss routine.

Also if you only look like OP's pic then fin alone is probably enough. In my opinion, minox is only necessary if you've got a LOT of hair to regrow (like me).
>>
Not balding, but I know fin is known to cause erectile dysfunction. Tbh, I'd rather be bald than flaccid all the time
>>
>>36520770
what are the fin side effects ?
>>
>>36520889
What kind of fin did you get, Propecia or those cheaper 5mg versions that you cut up yourself?
>>
>>36520770
This shit caused me some ED, got off it after a week.

Sad because it does give results.
>>
>>36520902
<1% chance of lowered sex drive and/or water semen

>>36520906
The 5 mg version. It's the same drug but way, way cheaper.
>>
>>36520949
Are you sure fin gave you ED? Or was anxiety over side-effects the cause of ED? Asking because depression over my hair loss pretty much killed any sex drive I had before I ever took fin. Nowadays (with lifting) I feel like I'm 15 again.
>>
>>36520971
I didn't even know it had this side effect, I just went to the doctor and asked about hair loos pills and he gave me some. After a couple days I couldnt get it up anymore (I was 18 at the time and should not have been having these issues) and googled it. It does have an ED side effect and if it goes on long enough it can be permanent, so I stopped. Penis working>Good hair
>>
>>36520956
Yeah, I have asked my doctor and she is willing to prescribe me to it which is great, she suggested waiting until summer and see if it has progressed any further so I just said sure thinking I would give minox a chance first.
I hope she will prescribe me the cheaper 5mg too, it is like 25x cheaper or something insane like that? $2 a month vs $50 I think it was.

I am mostly afraid of getting rekt by it because I really suffered from accutane. I still believe after a few years I feel some side effects.

It sucks but it is assuring to see the great gains you had, the chances for side effects are low and mostly non permanent stuff if something would happen.
>>
>>36520650
i gotchu senpai, heres what you need to do
>accept it and be a fucking adult
>stop dressing in neon stretch fit shirts

thats about it DeSu
>>
>>36520992
That's a same. I had some watery semen for the first few days but that was it. Dick is hard as ever.
>>
>>36521081
that's a shame*
>>
>>36520690
just buzz that shit, thats what i do no one can even tell
>>
>>36521081
Yeah it sucks, I decided to just shave my hair off, I like it more since I'm getting pretty swole now.
>>
just shave it off and rock that chrome dome, faget
>>
Anyone doing the prostaglandin protocol?
been using castor oil, stemox, sulfasalazine, wounding + LiCl for a couple of weeks now
>>
>>36521103
being bald is bad ass, just rock the look
>>
I wanted to try minox out before fin because I was scared of gyno. Had read that minox usually didn't work that well on the temples.

But thank fucking god it did. It's taking some time, but I've gotten a lot of regrowth and I'm seeing phallus hairs on the rest. Pic related.

Blue is where I've gotten thick strong hair and red is those tiny white hairs that will eventually become thick hair.

I'm estimating about a year before my full hairline is back. Took about 8 months for the thick hair to grow. But I saw those tiny white hairs popping up everywhere after about 5 months.
>>
>>36521135
damn mirin, thats some good regrowth. been using minox for about 4 months, almost no regrowth at all
>>
>>36521135
Did you see _no_ improvement for the first 8 months? Applying minox twice a day?
I am afraid I will grow impatient before I see any improvement and quit it. 8 months is just a real long time but I'm happy for you, it sucks.
>>
I knew a girl with a hairline like Will Arnett's. It was fucking weird especially when she pulled her hair back. She wore those thick headbands for a bit, probably got self conscious of it.
>>
>>36521181
I began seeing those white tiny hairs after about 5 months. Then it took another 3 months for those to develop into actual thick hair.

I was also beginning to question whether there was a point after 2-3 months, but I had bought a 6 month supply of those foam things, so I could just as well continue until I used all that shit up.
>>
>>36520770
damn this is some great results for 9 months, how are you looking months later from your 6month pic?
>>
>>36520650
on finasteride for 8 years, hair stopped falling out and got thicker in the areas where it was thinning. no sides, except for the fact i have beautiful hair. get on it quick before its too late.
>>
>>36521201
Did you apply it twice a day, morning and evening? How long does it take, I can't imagine more than a minute or two if just applying it to the temples?
>>
>>36521209
At what age did you jump on fin?
>>
>>36521217
Yes, but in the year or so I've taken it now I've only forgot to apply it like 10 times total.

The foam thing only takes about 10 seconds to apply to the temples. Then I wait a couple of minutes for it to dry before I fix my hair.
>>
Somewhat related: for grey/white hair, if you're brown-ish/blond-ish
- henna -> lush caca noir (the darkest one; it's the only one with no red components)
- schultz chamomile shampoo & balm (it may be not available outside Europe)
Both are vegan friendly, in case you care.
I'm _completely_ white on my right temple (due to a shock, I woke up in the middle of an anaesthesia) and nobody (not even my mom) suspect it so far.
>>
>>36521181
>>36521201
Also, if you see absolutely no development after 6 months I'd just skip the minox and go straight for finasteride and nizoral shampoo.

Minox doesn't really seem to work that well on temples for most people.
>>
>>36521209
You buy it online? Or the doc?
>>
You need to understand that a receding hairline doesn't mean you are balding. My hair has been high at the temples my entire life but I have more hair than anyone I know. It's not "receding" in the sense that its slowly moving backwards, its just the shape of my hairline.

If thats what you have going on, thats just your hairline and theres nothing you can do about it. Find a cut that makes it less obvious or don't give a fuck about it.

If you're actually balding, then I dunno lol you're fucked
>>
>>36520690
Ye nigger, the only answer to diffuse thinning is a fucking buzzcut. I did today and look okay. My hairline is decent but you could see the scalp errywhere. I feel bretty good desu
>>
>>36521202
not terribly different, maybe a tiny bit thicker. The hair on top is still noticeably thinner/flatter than the sides/back. I'm hoping for another bump of regrowth, but I'd be perfectly happy maintaining this.
>>
>>36521209
does it grow back ?

i now have great valleys in the sides and almost nothing left on my crown.
>>
>>36521344
Only in some cases. In most cases it just seems to stop hair loss.

But if you combine finasteride, minox and nizoral you'll probably start growing that shit back.
>>
shaving your head and moving on v.s. taking pills daily and using foams and special shampoos religiously for the rest of your life to combat something perfectly natural

Just lol.

if you're that concerned about it just save up some money and get a hair transplant. modern transplants are scarless and undetectable
>>
>>36521439
m8, I'm not planning on using this stuff for the rest of my life. I just don't want to go through my 20s as a baldfag.
>>
>>36521439
are you balding anon?
>>
>>36521497
Same here, sucks being 21 and seeing all your friends with perfect hairlines.
Feeling like a premature oldfag is not nice. If I have this hair in my thirties I am more than happy, just not this young.
>>
>how do you deal with the most unique symbol of male adulthood and maturity
literally nothing wrong with being bald
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.