[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Nature run.jpg (213 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Nature run.jpg
213 KB, 1600x1200
Is it better to run before or after lifting?
How much time before or after? Is there a certain time of day which is physiologically the best?

I run around 8 miles a day (I'm actually really fast, competed in college). But recently I got into lifting as well.

The thing is, if I try to lift after my run I'm really weak. I can't do nearly as many reps and am really shaky and unsteady. If I lift before my run it doesn't really affect my run that much (I'm pretty fucking badass at running). However I worry that the run will be depleting my bloodstream of vital nutrients needed to enrich my muscles in the time they need it most after my workout.

What's the optimum way to do this? And just so you know, obviously I'm not going for super bulky muscle growth here.
>>
Run in the morning, lift in the evening?
>>
Run less on days where you're also lifting
>>
i always run after i lift and never have a problem. i don't do it insanely fast, but i usually around 3-5 miles everyday. the only day i don't run is after leg day. usually do incline treadmill walking or something.
>>
>>36520175
is it ok to run before leg day? i just finished my first day of couch to 5k and i'm a little sore but i can handle a leg day, i just dont want to have to spend 3 days to recover
>>
>>36520259
never tried it. i like to go hard on leg day so. i'd probably do legs in the morning then run later in the day if you want to run that bad.
>>
>>36520139
I always run after lifting. My personal theory with no evidence at all is that, the oxygenated blood flowing through your body helps speed up recovery. Also, who the fuck wants to deadlift or squat after a run? Not this guy.
>>
>>36520139
>running
>killing your gains
>>
>>36520323
>not running
>being slow as shit
>>
>>36520323
Weak cardiovascular system detected.
>>
as usual, "running" is composed of different workouts

On leg day I usually do a recovery run, something that keeps my bpm around 130. For me that is around a 6:30 and slower pace per km. I keep it short, usually 30 min - 40 min and I do it completely separately

If I want to run just after leg day I do tempo intervals, strides or 5x400 or something. Basically hit my legs hard that day and take the next day completely off or with only 1 short recovery run

Other days I do long runs at around 150 bmp, and tempo runs. I fill the rest of my days with easy runs cause I need the mileage
>>
is it weird to run outside along the sidewalks?

i rarely see people do it.

how bad is the treadmill? i've read the treadmill makes it easier to run and doesn't help you as much for running outside (like if you wanted to do a 5k)
>>
>>36520627
I do it too. Sometimes I get bored of the park and just go urban. I tend to stay away from main streets though

I lost some fitness after running exclusively on treadmill for 2 weeks. Not much but there was a difference. So I would say it's easier
>>
>>36520627
Running on sidewalks is fine. Just avoid running next to heavy traffic. You don't want to inhale all those exhaust fumes. I personally like trail running the most. Requires more agility, and the landscapes are much more enjoyable.
>>
File: 1449083512524.jpg (72 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
1449083512524.jpg
72 KB, 880x880
>>36520139
lift while you run

>deadlifting while running
>>
>le leg day meme

What happened where so many DYEL's and reddit crossovers got to this board?
>>
>>36520139
Last summer I ran after I lifted and felt fine. Definitely would not do cardio right before lifting however

>>36520155
That's definitely an option

>>36520175
I used to do it where I'd run MWS, since Fridays were leg days for me. Seemed to help with soreness also, though that's not as big a concern for me
>>
How much time do you people have? Is everyone here a NEET?
>>
>>36520882
of course

It's part of our plan
>>
Run through the residential areas so you have the milfs mirin' and inspirin'
>>
>>36521144
this is a good idea actually

how do I come across athletic rather than autistic? I'm already reasonably /fit/ so I have a decent body anyway
>>
>>36521388
Wear some decent running gear/shoes and throw on a pair of athletic sunglasses

Say hi to people if you see them

Thank people for moving their dogs off the path

Give head nods or waves to vehicles that let you cross
>>
>>36520672
>sprinting this hard to snap city
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.