[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Cardio kills your gains!!! >You should only lift bro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: running-facts-fasted-cardio.jpg (89 KB, 1092x614) Image search: [Google]
running-facts-fasted-cardio.jpg
89 KB, 1092x614
>Cardio kills your gains!!!
>You should only lift bro

/fit/tards don't know cardio isn't just about cardiovascular gains, but cognitive gains too.

> A large body of research in humans has demonstrated that consistent aerobic exercise induces persistent beneficial behavioral and neural plasticity as well as healthy alterations in gene expression in the brain; some of these long-term effects include: increased neuron growth, increased neurological activity, improved stress coping, enhanced cognitive control of behavior, improved declarative, spatial, and working memory, and structural and functional improvements in brain structures and pathways associated with cognitive control and memory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise#Neuroplasticity_and_neurogenesis

Stay retarded /fit/
>>
File: 1446491208274.png (205 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
1446491208274.png
205 KB, 505x431
>>36517787
is that what the majority of /fit/ bros think? I feel like more often than not cardio is encouraged.
>>
I can vouch for it.

I started running 8 weeks ago and I've noticed considerable cognitive gainz.
>>
>>36517805
Yeah, most of /fit/ think cardio kills your gains, and they are right, cardio has a negative impact on lower body hypertrophy (although no impact on upper body).

However, when you take into account cardio benefits it's very retarded to avoid it just because of barely bigger legs.
>>
>>36517787
>>36517787
>>36517787

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. I'VE HAD IT. THIS FUCKING ENDS NOW. FUCKING STOP

FUCKING

STOP

I'VE BEEN GOING TO /FIT/ FOR NEARLY FUCKING SIX FUCKING YEARS NOW AND SINCE FUCKING DAY ONE THIS FUCKING RETARDED MEME HAS BEEN GOING BACK AND FUCKING FORTH

TELL YOU FUCKING WHAT

WHO GIVES A FUCKING FUCK WHAT CARDIO DOES OR DOESN'T DO FOR YOUR GAINS, DO WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU FUCKING WANT

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING NIGGER

SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT

I DON'T EVEN FUCKING CARE ANYMORE, JUST FUCKING STOP THIS FUCKING NON-STOP FUCKING CANCER AND TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE

FUCK
>>
>>36517836
This guy clearly doesn't have cardio cognitive gains
>>
>>36517836
Kill yourself
>>
>>36517787
It depends. If you're a skelly you probably shouldnt do long cardio sessions as you will likely have problems gaining weight already. In fact, Frank Zane even said in an interview he never bothered to do much cardio as he rather had problems gaining weight than losing it.
>>
>>36517836

>I'VE BEEN GOING TO /FIT/ FOR NEARLY FUCKING SIX FUCKING YEARS

grandpa, you don't have to yell. we're right here.
>>
>>36517836

NO YOU SHUT YOUR FUCKING CUNTMOUTH THE FUCK UP

FUCKING UNDERSTAND THAT CARDIO IS FUCKING GOOD FOR YOU

WHY THE FUCK DO CARDIO THREADS MAKE YOU ANGRY?
>>
>>36518095
I NEVER SAID IT WAS BAD YOU FUCKING CUNT

I THINK IT'S GOOD

I DONT FUCKING CARE ANYMORE BECAUSE THIS SAME FUCKING THING HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 6 YEARS NOW

WHO GIVES A FUCK ANYMORE

I JUST WANT IT TO FUCKING END
>>
>>36518095

FUCK YOU YOU'RE ALL WRONG CARDIO IS FUCKING TERRIBLE GOD DAMN IT

TRUE FUCKING FACT 100% OF PEOPLE DIE FROM CARDIO TO THIS DAY
>>
>>36517836

go back to pol you fucking retard

no one thinks your big and clever for using offensive words

if you said that shit in real life id slap your ass so hard you wouldnt know whats up or down faggot
>>
File: 1374192432729.png (270 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1374192432729.png
270 KB, 500x333
this thread
>>
>>36517805
Yeah
OP is a dumbass
>>
File: allfuckedup.jpg (32 KB, 717x550) Image search: [Google]
allfuckedup.jpg
32 KB, 717x550
DICK MY FUCKING SUCK CUNT DIIICK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCKER FUCK MY FUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36518341

>slapping your ass so hard

no homo
>>
cardio only "kills gains" because it burns calories
>>
>>36518971
Not true.
>>
I don't need cognitive gains. I graduated from an Ivy and read scientific journals regularly.

In fact, I wish I were dumber.
>>
>>36519007
how so
>>
>>36517848
kek, clearly.
>>
>>36519065
http://www.elementssystem.com/pdfs/Wilson%20ConcurrentTraining%20MetaAnalysis%20JSCR%202012.pdf

> Logically, the adaptations for resistance
and endurance exercise are vastly different and in many cases
conflict one another (23,33). From a molecular standpoint,
endurance exercise preferentially increases net protein
synthesis in the mitochondrial subfraction, whereas high-
intensity resistance training preferentially increases net
protein synthesis in the myofibrillar subfraction (9,23,50).
Moreover, with training experience, these changes become
increasingly more specific over time (50). When combined,
however, research indicates that the upregulation of trans-
lation initiation via the PI3K-AKT-mTOR signaling pathway
is impaired when resistance training is performed after
glycogen depleting endurance exercise (12,23). Moreover,
although resistance training increases myofibrillar protein
synthesis for up to 72 hours after an intense training bout
(12), moderate intensity endurance exercise immediately acts to
inhibit important elongation factors (eef2) responsible for
increasing protein synthesis and maintains this inhibition for
the duration of the activity (45)
>>
>>36519144
shut up science bitch
>>
>>36519157
I'm going to science the shit out of your anus
>>
>>36519144
This is corect

Doing cardio after lifting will inhibit your gains by some degree because of conflicts in pathways. There’s an interplay between many signaling pathways. This ones ocurs between AMPK and MTOR. If one is activated, it impacts the other. Thus why if you are trying to get muscle hypertrophy and you go for an aerobic run right after lifting heavy weights, you just dampened down the training effect of the heavy weights. The keyword is DAMPENS. It won't kill your gains.
>>
>>36517812
I'm on a 12 week cardio program to get my neurons swole af
>>
>>36520590
This is assuming you are over training either.
Your workout should have equal amounts of aerobic and anaerobic daily.
Working out different muscle groups for cardio is no different than working out different groups for lifting.
You can easily do legs for weight lifting and arms only for swimming and see no decline or inhibiting of either growth with proper nutrition and rest.
Just don't do legs and go running in the same day, it's that simple.

For the average lifter 20-30 minutes on a elliptical would show no decline on their muscle growth on none leg days.
>>
>>36520731
Not true. The effect lasts up to 72 hours.
>>
>>36519144
This is looking at people exercising in a hypoocaloric, hyponitrogenous state. Insufficient carbohydrate and protein intake will be bad regardless of cardio. In the case when they are sufficient there is either no difference in gains or a slight increase.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26932769
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26885978
>>
>>36520731
this has nothing to do with different muscle groups
>>
File: 356357367667.jpg (23 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
356357367667.jpg
23 KB, 500x354
>cardio
>sucking coks

synonymous
>>
>>36518117
IT HAS TO BE SAID REPEATEDLY BECAUSE FUCKERS ON /FIT/ DON'T SEEM TO FUCKING COMPREHEND THAT THEY SHOULD FUCKING ADD REGULAR CARDIO INTO THEIR FUCKING REGIMEN
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.