[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sorry /fit/ ive found my true calling, lifting just isnt for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 450x300
Sorry /fit/ ive found my true calling, lifting just isnt for me. The zyzz-era lifting craze is dead now and people are beginning to realise how dull and mundane lifting is.

I never realised how fun sport actually is, im actually having FUN. I get pumped and psyched up as opposed to standing there just to lift things up and put them down and lift them back up, rinse repeat..

>that glorious feeling when you swing an explosive forehand
>that sound from said explsove forehand

Cmon famalam, pick up a sport, youd love it too. Im only saying this because ive always felt part of this community.
>>
I've been saying this for ages. Don't bother OP, have fun with your sport that will actually make you fit. The only replies you will get here is from people asking for your stats and why you don't have bane traps yet.
>>
>>36516747
T-thanks, i guess
>>
>implying I don't supplement lifting with skiing, tennis, and racquetball
>>
There are no gainz in tennis.
>>
>>36516768
>not having it the other way around
>>
File: 1458157438390.png (235 KB, 480x472) Image search: [Google]
1458157438390.png
235 KB, 480x472
>>36516722
I just dance, and lift dumbells at home now.
I don't even go to the gym anymore, fuck dat shit
>>
>>36516722
What are you gonna do once you realize lifting will make you a better athlete in pretty much every other sport?
>>
Why not both lol

My entire life I grew up playing sports. Particularly basketball. Got up as high as D1 college ball. Now I'm graduated. I lift 5 times a week. Ball 1 to 2 times a week as a part of a men's league. In the summer play on a men's soccer team and also play tennis here and there.
>>
>>36516722
>>36516747
>>36516808
>>36516826
Never gona make it senpai, Chad is gona be cuckin your GF/Waifuu while yous prance around playing with balls and gain-killing cardio activities.

Huehuehue.
>>
>>36516851
Chad was always fucking all the women from the start
>>
Played rugby in college . Actually use muscle to run over/through manlets . Was a glorious feeling
>>
>>36516844
>why not both

Because i actually have FUN while getting exercise. im not going back to lifting things up and down anymore, fuck that.

>that focus and concetration when following the ball
>brings out my hunter tracking instincts
>>
>>36516851
>he thinks we're all trying to fight against this imaginary chad.
Life's too short for this shit
>>
God, I fucking hate you, OP. You're acting condescending as shit.
>>
I play water polo and even though I find lifting boring as fuck, I still have to do it otherwise I wouldn't stand a chance in matches.

I assume you're a beginner in tennis OP, that's why you're able to just focus on it and not lift alongside. But as you climb to more challenging games you will start getting your ass kicked by players who lift.
>>
I play div 1 tennis for my school. we all lift bro....
>>
>>36516876
Okay stfu go post on /sp/ then you don't belong here.
>>
>>36516907
The amount of food you have to eat to actually gain weight it idiotic
>>
>>36516956
Our training is about improving performance. every college/professional athlete does weight training

Our stuff for tennis is focused on injury prevention,muscle endurance and explosiveness.
>>
As a European I've played football, tennis, volleyball etc all my life instead of lying on the sofa watching black men play sports like Americans.
>>
>>36516993
Sports are taken far more seriously in American schools than in Europe, faggot.
Fuck, some of their high schools and universities even have their own stadiums. Meanwhile European schools focus on conflict resolution and diversity classes.
>>
>>36517030

then everyone stops after highschool/college and becomes a fat cuckold
>>
>>36516993
I don't think taking dicks in the ass is a sport.
>>
>>36517040
>yuropoor calling anyone a cuckold

Don't you have a Muslim to apologize to today, Pierre?
>>
>>36517067
>Pierre

Top laff senpai
>>
>>36516747
>fit
>cant squat 2pl8

Lol
>>
Op here. Im looking into sports oriented lifting and training towards improving my t nis instead of lifting this up and down, i doubt all is time ive spent doing the lift things up and down routine has contributed towards much of anything other than well... Lifting things up and down . I think that would be much enjoyable e.g. Using weighted balls.
>>36516907
Tell me your work outs bro, surely it cant be atg squats?
>>
>tfw when tennis partner moved
>haven't played in over a year
Why live
>>
>tfw hitting new pr

Better than your faggy not care how well you can juggle a ball or how well you can swim. I can still lift more than you and smash your head in in a fight.

Also cardio kills chump
>>
>>36517573
>fighting without cardio

i laffed
>>
This thread is filled with sadcunts and heresy, the inquisition will hear about this. (have fun playing tennis tho, do whatever the fuck you feel like, as long as you don't tell me what the fuck I'm supposed to do.)
>>
>>36517573
I bet you're uncoordinated and maybe was a lineman in high school
>>
>>36516722
I started lifting for the express purpose of getting better at my sport. Bodybuilding and Olympic weight lifting were never my thing. If I only wanted to look good I'd just not eat and run.
>>
>>36517516
We do "bodybuilding" type of workouts twice a week during season.
DB bench
barbell bench with spotter
front squats
back and front lunges
Single-Leg Romanian Deadlift
cable rows
farmer walks
wrist curls
hammer curls
lat pulldown
lateral raises.

But our everyday shit is just different variations medicine ball throws mimicking our stroke and resistance band stuff for rotator cuffs
>>
>>36517624
Will implement senpai. It feels different now that ill be lifting for a purpose
>>
File: 201402232140022815.jpg (21 KB, 213x320) Image search: [Google]
201402232140022815.jpg
21 KB, 213x320
>>36516722
Nobody can deny you, OP. Playing a sport is great.

But I need to lift to play rugby, so....it's double the fun for me.

>pic related, some sort of goal
>>
>>36517866
Brah, ill break your fucking shins with the swing of my custom graphite racquet
>>
File: chabal.jpg (35 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
chabal.jpg
35 KB, 736x552
>>36517876
Challenge accepted.
>>
the important thing is, be it lifting or a sport, you've all found something you can enjoy, talk to other people about, and that keeps you healthy.

you are all winners. well done
>>
>>36517889
11/10 hair
>>
>>36517040
>this is what soccerfags actually believe

Don't you have a stadium to drunkenly collapse, Nigel?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.