[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How have people treated you after losing weight/getting fit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13
File: 1446061616037.jpg (115 KB, 540x721) Image search: [Google]
1446061616037.jpg
115 KB, 540x721
How have people treated you after losing weight/getting fit?
>>
First year law school, I was sitting next to this girl for literally an entire semester. At the time I thought that chats we had were decent, but looking back I was carrying to conversation and she was being really cold.

Fast forward 2 years, and I've lost 80lb and look quite good. I walk into a class and she is there. She comes up to me and fucking introduces her self. Hi, my name is Emma... acting all flirty. The whole time I'm thinking... bitch I know your fucking name, WE SAT NEXT TO EACH OTHER FUCK 5 FUCKING MONTHS.

Long story short, if you've gone from being a fatty, people are way nicer to you, it's night and day.
>>
File: CVLKHoKUEAAxkIn.jpg (36 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
CVLKHoKUEAAxkIn.jpg
36 KB, 553x567
>>36516268

I'll let you know when I make it :)
>>
Girls act nicer, guys act more confrontational or cynical towards me.
>>
like bags of sand
>>
>>36516634
>guys act more confrontational or cynical towards me.

yea i really dont like this, it's like guys are constantly threatened by me or something
>>
>>36516607
that pepe is so cute it's as if he had snowballs or stars in his eyes
>>
>>36516647
It doesn't bother me too much, it's mostly guys I don't know who do that. People I'm friends with don't really treat me too differently.
>>
>>36516592
>Long story short, if you've gone from being a fatty, people are way nicer to you, it's night and day.
How do you cope with this? Especially if you have been picked on your whole life because of your weight and looking back so many interactions were made of other people being mean to you.
>>
>>36516678
I don't really think about it anon. When I was in school I was fat as fuck, but I was also strong as fuck. No one really liked me, but no one picked on me because they knew I'd snap and break someones shit.
>>
File: orbituary2.jpg (69 KB, 667x960) Image search: [Google]
orbituary2.jpg
69 KB, 667x960
>>36516667
pepe hasn't had stars in his eyes for many years now
>>
>>36516268
idk i dont have friends :(
>>
>>36516739
:(
>>
File: orbituary1.jpg (49 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
orbituary1.jpg
49 KB, 320x400
>>36516754
>>
>>36516753
friends should treat you well all the time anon
>>
bumo
>>
Most men don't like it. Once fit, you will encounter more hostility and you'll notice other dudes trying to one-up you. You will, however, make more friends with the fitness-conscious men around you and they won't be dicks.

As for women, I honestly haven't noticed a difference. Been with gf for years now though, so I'm not actively out there sleazing on slags. I think I've gotten swolested by a random girl a grand total of one time since getting fit. Maybe I'm just ugly tho who knows
>>
>>36516268
Women don't care about my degrees, job, money, or hobbies.

They just wanna bang.

So I spent all this time developing a personality to only be shown the true shallowness of people.
>>
>>36516753
What about your mom?
>>
>>36516647

That was the worst humble brag I've ever read
>>
>>36517523
>degrees, job, money
Yeah, not shallow at all
>>
>>36516268
I moved just after I lost all weight and became a skelly. Some other skelly once said something like "us naturally skinny guys" which made me feel a bit weird since I'd been a fat kid all my life.
>>
a guy walked up to me in the club and asked me how much i benched

we had a chat about lifting then he left, i don't think he was coming on to me

it was nice
>>
>>36517523
younger women aren't necessarily going to be looking for a more serious relationship

keep doing what you're doing, the important thing is feeling a sense of achievement within yourself
>>
Went from skinny to fit, rather than fat to fit.

A lot of people in this thread talk about guys trying to one up them more and being more hostile, but I've had the opposite experience.

Before I was fit, other guys saw me as an easy target to pick on. Now I don't get bothered at all, and in some cases I notice more people wanting my approval.

For women, it's not that I'm getting approached and opened a lot more, but they're giving me more opportunities to approach and court them. Of course you can still fuck this up, but before, the opportunities didn't happen nearly as much and I would get disqualified immediately in a lot of instances.
>>
>>36516592
Hate to break it to ya, but if she cant get wet just by looking at you a relationship (or hookup) just isn't gonna happen. Dont judge her, just roll with it.
>>
>>36518116

That was a pleasant read, thanks for sharing anon
>>
I've got a long ways to go (still a bit of a fatty) but after 50lbs dropped growing out my beard and shaving my head I get hit on by a lot of 30 something laydees which never used to happen.
>>
>>36516268
It's fucking bizarre man.

When I started lifting, I looked awful ya know? Like very obese, might've been morbid actually. Girls wouldn't look at me twice, and I was really desperate for a gf, kind of pathetic actually. I used to think that a girl might be interested in me if she so much as smiled. On top of all that, I dressed terribly, low self esteem, depression, the works.

But I start working out, get some self respect dignity and even a bit of genuine happiness too. My life started to turn around. But it also occurred to me that my personality had not changed at all. Socially, I was always considered the fat funny guy, and was pretty intelligent, always getting good grades. Point is, I was always personable and generally well liked among those who knew me. Now it feels like every person is like that, like I get a sense of respect everywhere I go and no longer get treated with contempt by strangers.

On the one hand it feels good because people being friendly with you without having to do anything is obviously cool, but you also realize how superficial people are and that 70% of the way people treat you is pure appearance.

Overall, go for it, never lose motivation, because while I might be slightly more cynical, it sure as hell beats the fuck out of feeling like a depressed worthless piece of shit all the time.
>>
>>36516268

Out in public people will now just start talking to me for no reason.

I HATE IT
JUST LEAVE ME ALONE
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
My wife.

Before getting fit she'd basically be fine without ever having sex. Now she wants it all the time, does way more dirty talk, and is always asking me to take off my shirt, etc.

TFW she is fat and getting fit has made me unattracted to her.
>>
>>36518340
Say you want to do some 50 shades Master/Slave roleplay when you're at home. Use this as a pretext to control what she eats.
>>
I was walking down the street and this guy was walking towards me. He looked down at his own gut and then looked towards me, did so a few times. It was kind of hilarious. He wasn't even fat, he just had a little extra on his stomach.

On a regular basis, I would say that people are just nicer in general. The only downside to that is that I actually have to talk to people, when I have to social skills of an autist. I miss the times when people would just let me be.
>>
>>36518376
Godammit anon. I've been honestly having a full blown crisis over being completely unsatisfied with her yet knowing she'd take me to the cleaners (stay at home mom for 20 years) in a divorce. You've given me the answer. You've given me hope.
>>
>>36518392
When I have the social skills * God damn typos.

I'll also add that I've gone from weighing 115kg to 69kg in the past 8 months with minimal loose skin. Used to be quite fit and muscular, but lost it all and got fat after I got lazy after an injury, and began eating crap food and drinking a lot of pop, after high school.

Currently 25 years old; going to to get back into lifting once I reach my dieting goal.
>>
>>36518392
And when that fails say you want her to get more fit so she can spend more time with you being active when you're both old. It's not about sex, but about spending time together doing whatever the fuck your wife likes. Travelling or some shit.
>>
>>36518313
Reading this
and this
>>36518392
>I miss the times when people would just let me be.
just seems so unreal to me as a fatty who's lonely as fuck
>>
>>36518681
Well, I'm "one of a kind." I'm quite the introvert, always has been, always will be. Thus, I generally, for the most part, enjoy my own company more than that of others. That's not to say that I don't enjoy the company of a good friend or two, but I especially don't like talking to strangers and/or too many people at once.
>>
File: 1446138842677.gif (988 KB, 200x167) Image search: [Google]
1446138842677.gif
988 KB, 200x167
>>36518330
>tfw
youtube.com/watch?v=m0AKJMGxwpE

>>36518681
>just seems so unreal to me as a fatty who's lonely as fuck
it's nice that people will give you the time of day but changes to health, fitness, happiness etc don't necessarily mean a person is now wired to need more social interaction.

you may look and be better, but still only want to talk to people at work/few friends and want to be left in your own head the rest of your time. plus randoms always want to small talk.
>>
I got fit, started dressing in nice clothes, improved my posture, and whitened my teeth.
Guys I don't know very well will make a ton of comments about "getting big" when I'm around and if we're playing sports or in a gym like situation then they'll try to one up me.
I'm still a social autist around women, so I haven't noticed as much as a difference there as I think I would if I actually talked to people. The big change is that girls in my classes will try to make small talk and will smile much more than they used to. I'll also sometimes catch girls staring and the shy, nerdy ones in my classes that I've known for a few years that used to talk to me no problem will now stumble over their words and be all awkward.
>>
>>36518900
Did you go to a dentist for whitening or use some strips or something else?
>>
>>36518962
Went to a dentist, then used whitening strips and started to brush and floss twice a day with whitening toothpaste for two months.
>>
>>36516268
Everyone is in general much nicer, guys want to be my friend and I always get the classic "bro ur arms are so small like" joke at parties. American girls are pretty much the same yet I get the occasional "Anon you'll protect me right?" Or "You carry this anon ur big". The only real difference is with euro grills or more specifically Spanish girls, I get asked to dance all the time and they ask me why I'm not a model.
>feels good mane
>>
>>36518376
GENIUS
>>
>before
people ignored me while I was sitting in a corner watching anime on my phone
>now
people sometimes glance at me while I sit in a corner watching anime on my phone
>>
Live in Buffalo most friends spend all their time getting fat, stupid and drunk so they don't really talk to me much anymore. At Least I got gainz
>>
>>36516592
This is what motivates me

the bitterness, being jaded, i cant wait to tell girls to fuck off
>>
File: feels.png (44 KB, 680x421) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
44 KB, 680x421
I've always been a good looking guy by social standards. I know how to talk to people and all that shit. When I got visiable stronger, people treated better than before. People trust and admires me more than ever, but I kind of don't care.
I'm a bit narcisist beacuse of all that, and I feel supeior to most people. So I find difficulties to find someone to be my friend that doesn't look me the way everybody looks.
>>
>>36516634
I have this issue of always wearing a fucking scowl on my god damn face. People think I'm terrifying. Does not help that I'm white with a shaved head.

It's funny because people who know me all say I'm nice as all hell and super easy to talk to.

I have heard " I thought you hated me when we first met " a lot. I mean I DO hate pretty much everyone when I first meet them but that's besides the point.
>>
>>36520314
so you have RBF
>>
>he started off unfit and socially maladjusted from years of bullying because he was a skelly or fatty

holy fucking lmao

girls will ALWAYS know you were A LOSER. if you didn't get into sports by 10, have a good physique by 16 and were a virgin past 15-16... well you're fucked for life. you started later on the MOST important aspects of LIFE way LATER THAN YOUR PEERS.

It's like if you tried to hang with a fucking LHC physicist but were 10 years behind on the current state of high energy particle physics, you'd be fucked.

enjoy your gymcel life
>>
>>36516268
Guys now assume im a douche/faggot
>>
File: Dam sad son.jpg (26 KB, 600x275) Image search: [Google]
Dam sad son.jpg
26 KB, 600x275
>>36518340
At least she asks you for sex.
My wife don't give a shit about being shredded....and don't give a fuck about sex.
>>
>>36517510
Good in you for being loyal despite getting fit. Some people let it go to their heads and it's disgraceful
>>
>>36520349
you need to leave her, sex is important in relationships, whats wrong with her? shes either a lesbo asexual or have a medical problem
>>
File: 400x400_Free_Smilie.gif (178 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
400x400_Free_Smilie.gif
178 KB, 400x400
>>36520338
>girls will always know im a loser
oh please no
>>
>>36520404
Not true. You'll be fine, m8.
>>
>>36516268
Guys try to talk to me now and I don't know how to act as the only attention I've gotten from men growing up was them making fun of me. They think I'm cute because of my face and voice, but I'm actually hideous under my clothes. It's awkward trying to get them to go away without just blurting out I could knock people out with my arm flab after losing more weight than they weigh themselves.
>>
File: exfat28.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
exfat28.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
>>36516268

- I get more mean mugs from fat people and general, out-of-shape people (the older they are, the stronger the hate)
-got a lot of attention from men who are wayyy older then me. (it started at 12, left off when I was fat, and reappeared when I got fit(-er) last year, at 27). Some things never change.

-normal people assume I wanna talk more than I actually do, like a lot of other people in this thread. Ive always been polite to a fault, but I feel like I have to force it more than when I was fat.

The strange thing is- I dont resent anyone for not wanting to get down with me when I was disgusting. I dont get that sentiment that goes round in other former fatties. I mean- were you guys spitting game at every fat person in sight, when you were lonely way back when? Why were people supposed to be enamored with your sadness/lack of care?
I dunno, it just rubs me the wrong way.
>>
I hate people congratulating me.

Returning to normal shouldn't be a celebration.
>>
>>36520736

I think it should be celebrated, given how it's a difficult process, and how rarely your see people do it.
>>
>>36516268
Like the same loser i am, after getting a bit more built...plus people talk me like i was a douche if only take off the shirt in summer...ok m8 i'll suffer the heat.
Being fat and hairy helps a bit
>>
>>36520736
you did good mate, im not patronizing you, im in awe, you did what little people could, take my compliment, its sincere
>>
>>36520736

most of the returns often surpass what is considered "normal"- specially if you live in Clapistan.
>>
>>36520736
This.

I actually ran into someone I haven't seen in 2 years and we caught up without him ever bringing it up and I appreciated it so much
>>
Now I only pay for one seat!
>>
>>36516592
>people are way nicer to you, it's night and day

Is this some kind of revelation to you former fats? If you see something that looks like trash you assume it is. If someone doesn't look like they respect their own body why the hell do they think they deserve to be treated like a human that does? Does fat replace grey matter once you're big enough?
>>
>Chubby with acne all through school
>Started lifting senior year
>Made some gains
>Started taking gear at age 21
>23 now, clear skin, jacked and dress well

People treat me completely different. They assume I know what I'm talking about no matter what the subject and are generally just really nice. Some guys mire, some guys try to fight me when they get drunk and parties. Women are either not into how big I am or they want me to pull their hair and fuck them good. Not much in between. I honestly attract sluts mostly, not quality women which sort of sucks. It's also fun to see people I went to school with, they most of the time don't recognize me at all.
>>
>>36516678
Get a bigger ego
>>
>>36516634
can attest to this, it was kinda cool at first but its always being stared down by guys or mean mugged and when guys get all touchy with their gf like theyre marking their territory
>>
>>36520338
Don't listen to this weak fag. It's never too late to better yourself. Just do it for you only.
>>
>>36516678
It's easy, just understand that you deserved it for being a big fat piece of shit who consumed two to ten times the resources you needed to and obviously having some cocktail of terrible character traits that lead you to be a fat faggot in the first place.

Now that you're not a big fat lardo retard, your body is a visible identifier of traits like self respect, discipline, and the desire and ability to learn, as opposed to a marked absence of all of those things.
>>
The majority of my friends abandoned me idk if its because ive changed as I've gotten /fit/ter or because they're jealous or something but feelsbadman
>>
>super chubbyfat in highschool
>graduate, go to college and lose hella weight
>freshmen 15??? Where???
>mfw almost 80% of girls I went to highschool have put on HELLA weight

It's weird though because I was active in HS. Was in marching band and played basketball but I guess being active caused me to be hungrier and overeat.

>mfw go to friends house and her and her parents notice weight loss
>"oh wow ANON, you've lost weight what have you been doing"
>great feels

But seriously though most of the girls I went to school with are easily 20 lbs heavier then some
>>
People seem to respect me more

Maybe that's just a result of getting older, though
>>
File: 1440825265437.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1440825265437.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>36516678
Without trying to sound edgy, it made me REALLY stop caring about what other people think about me. I'm completely indifferent to praise or criticism from people I encounter in real life, it's always in the back of my mind that they're (probably) just being judgemental plebs.

I'm more appreciative of online praise and criticism because people can't see what I look like or judge me based on anything except what I'm saying.
>>
regular females have told me when I tell them I want to put on muscle, "omg ur already skinny why do you want to gain more weight? you're perfect the way you are!!" some have applauded me for my effort and I give some advice and motivation when they ask

and the female lards tell me that I shouldn't be exercising because I'll turn into a man lmao and that girls should be soft and cuddly, not shredded and hard. They then offer me cake or other shit, but I politely decline.
>>
>>36523745

Just listening to Earl.
>>
>>36520314
I, too, have resting bitch face. Except I'm ugly af so I need to find some way to fix this..

This girl I was talking to a few weeks ago told me I always look really mad whenever she sees me walking to class, but that's just my regular face.
>>
File: 1414849135831.jpg (120 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
1414849135831.jpg
120 KB, 960x717
>>36521097
Honestly, with the exception of hook-ups, the real reason most fats get treated like shit or ignored is that they don't love themselves. Don't get me wrong, they honestly shouldn't if they've allowed themselves to get to that point, but the fats that accept that they're fat and don't make up excuses for it usually get treated decently because they either work at it or become the fat funny guy or something along those lines. People treat you better when you lose weight because you treat yourself better and subsequently are a nicer/better person to be around, but fats who don't make up excuses for their shitty lifestyle choices or bitch about their knees all the time are also accepted and generally do pretty well too.
>>
>>36519967
Warm keks
>>
>>36524006
Please post routine
>>
>>36520290
Let the hatred flow through you and use it as fuel for as long as it lasts. Eventually you move on and just do it for yourself. It's a beautiful process, really.
>>
>>36523634
wow that's so fucking stupid
congrats pal
>>
>>36521105
>They assume I know what I'm talking about no matter what the subject and are generally just really nice

100% this. In addition, whenever I'm in group discussions, it feels like everyone expects me to lead the conversation.
>>
File: Gr8NotM8.jpg (14 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
Gr8NotM8.jpg
14 KB, 600x434
>>36516268
>feel people's eyes on me as I walk in public
>feel people's eyes on me sitting at my lectures
>feel people's eyes on me at the gym
>feel people's eyes on me on public transit
>>
get free puppo
>>
>>36518376

Someone give this guy a Nobel prize
>>
>>36516268
Well I can say that I don't think people necessarily treat me any different. It's how I've changed to there reception.

I bartend and before I was often somewhat stand offish.. but now it's more chill. And I'm not upset or jealous. I used to mire from afar.
>>
>>36516691
you keep telling yourself that...no one picked on you cos they didnt give a shit about u
>>
It's kind of weird now because I'm still far from my goal body and dyel as fuck but all kinds of people have started to ask me about my routines and diet.
I gladly tell them, but they always clash with, "well I don't want to give up all the things I love," "there is literally never enough time in the day to do all the stuff you talk about doing," "could I try walking and stuff? I just don't want to go to the gym."
Co-worker of mine is the worse. She always compliments me on my weight loss so far, and then piles all of these complaints about her own weight onto me (even "confidentially"(?) told me that she is pre diabetic).
I feel so bad about it sometimes, that I just started repeating, "EAT LESS, MOVE MORE."
>>
>>36523683
Same breh. It was just when I was making it too.
>>
>>36516592
this.

>get into medschool
>one of best students
>fat fuck
>nobody there giving a shit about me
>man up after 3 years and lose 35kg
>still one of best students
>everyone in my semester knows me by name

pretty much the whole world is shallow.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.