[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is better for decreasing your resting heart rate? sprinting/HIIT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1457736364838.jpg (259 KB, 1600x1061) Image search: [Google]
1457736364838.jpg
259 KB, 1600x1061
what is better for decreasing your resting heart rate?
sprinting/HIIT or low intensity light cardio?
>>
File: 1457732365229.jpg (104 KB, 718x988) Image search: [Google]
1457732365229.jpg
104 KB, 718x988
bump, you cant ignore my girth
>>
>>36515913
Topkek. IFBBs do "light cardio" every day. They aren't going to have low resting heart rates. If you want a low heartrate, do lots of cardio and keep your BMI below 25 at the very least.
>>
>>36516046
well im not talking about some roided freaks
just natural healthy eating regularly lifting people
the IFBBs get gassed while climbing up stairs like they are 80 year olds

what im interested in is
how much does once per week cardio session interfere with strength training?
will HIIT be effective at lowering my heart rate from 65 to 45-50 as much as low int. cardio?
which type of cardio will interfere with the strength training more? (im guessing the slower pace)
what can I do to negate/lower the negative effects of cardio on lifting?

all I have time and energy to do along with SS and a calorie deficit is cardio on friday after the lifting session.
>>
>>36516091
>literally believing in the cardio kills gains meme
>>
>>36516115
it doesnt 'kill gains'
but I beleive it makes me slower when lifting next session
maybe the slight caloric deficit im on plays a role but the cardio on friday definetely affects me on monday
>>
>>36516115
regular cardio will actually start to burn muscle to sustain the intensity, why do you think marathon runners look like auswitsch survivors

if you dont want this to happen you either have to run really LOW intensity, like barely faster than walking or really high intensity which is basicly sprinting
>>
>>36516134
>why do you think marathon runners look like auswitsch survivors

They look like that because they run 24/7(which OP wouldn't be doing) and they don't lift. All you have to do is just eat more to make up for the extra calories burned. If anything cardio helps with gains because of recovery time and stuff like that.
>>
>>36516175
yes because of the running 24/7 their body eats the muscle tissue too to keep up with the running

converting muscle proteins to glucose is way easier than converting fat for energy
>>
>>36516232
Are you retarded? No it isn't. Your body will preferentially break down far into two carbon bits that enter k cycle before it starts on muscle. Protein has all that nitrogen which is a pain in the ass to digest because nitrogen byproducts are fairly toxic.

Why do you think there are no fat marathoners either. Goddamn
>>
>>36516273
I know how the citric cycle works m8

just in reality the body converts more protein to glucose than oxidizing fat than people think

not saying that it doesnt use any fat, just uses muscle protein too
>>
>tfw looking up "teens twerking" on youtube because degenerate
>fap
>decide to mimic one of the hottest ones
>it's only 2 minutes
>she doesn't even have that great of moves
>do the full 2 minutes
>fucking exhausted
literally all girls should do to maintain their physiques is twerk
get into some of lexy panterras videos, she even has tutorials. pay for her classes if you can.
>>
>>36516232

actually your body will burn through fat before it will burn through muscle.

pic related is a guy who runs miles every morning while fasted. he also runs ultra marathons, and he lifts weights.

his goal is to be able to hike mountains while carring 400 pounds of meat, so not aesthetics.

but it shows you can have a good physique and be strong while running like a mofo
>>
>>36516467
fuck off creepy faggot
>>
To lower heart rate

Drop down to a healthy weight. That means less fat and less useless vanity muscle.

Eat less sugary foods. Only get carbs from plants, but don't go overboard.

No preprocessesd or fast foods period.

Increase your basic activity level, meaning sit and lay down as little as possible.

Do something that will get your heart pumping and your lungs burning 1-5 times a week. HIIT or Tabata or just Sprinting or jumpin rope or playing a high output sport.

Do some form of resistance training, whether it's lifting or bodyweight.
>>
File: laughing azumanga daioh.gif (549 KB, 720x534) Image search: [Google]
laughing azumanga daioh.gif
549 KB, 720x534
>>36516134
>regular cardio will actually start to burn muscle

found the underage moron!

fuck off back to your safe space over at reddit you uneducated, ignorant dumb shit.
>>
>>36516486
He's also on gear you naife buffoon.
>>
>>36516539
>he doesn't twerk to make girls laugh at the club
get a load of this jew
>>
>>36516555
>To lower heart rate
>Drop down to a healthy weight. That means less fat and less useless vanity muscle.

This is so damn true.

The more muscle you have the more oxygen your body needs and the more your heart works. It's not necessarily unhealthy but the best athletes in the world aren't aesthetic by /fit/ standards and that's because their musculature is more on performance than vanity.
>>
>>36516618

possibly? that really changes nothing
>>
>>36515913
Death
>>
>>36516232

>bait
>retarded

prbly pick two
>>
>>36516129
>but I beleive it makes me slower when lifting next session
It decreases the amount of gains gained through resistance training, but not prevent them. Cardio is still good for you, so you need to be doing it too. No excuses.
>>
File: 1456960185793.jpg (63 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
1456960185793.jpg
63 KB, 600x706
just got back from the jim guys
did some 100m sprints at the end of my SS workout
tnx for the replies
we will see how monday will be

so to sum up
for my cardio it is better to do just the sprints every friday after my workout, and not alternate between slower paced running for longer period and the sprints?
will this be efficient enough to help get my heart rate from 60 to 45 if i continue doing it, yet prevent me from slowing down my strength gains/maintains on my current cut?
Anything else I can do natty besides the high protein and the training that will help me on this goal?

and ofc Im not looking for excuses not to do any cardio, I plan to continue doing it even if im not lifting, Im just looking for ways to structure it better arround the str. workouts
>>
>>36516848

He is on gear.
It changes everything.

Don't be this naive.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.