[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could I eat one of these packs a day for a year and still be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: MRE.jpg (155 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
MRE.jpg
155 KB, 1600x1200
Could I eat one of these packs a day for a year and still be healthy?
Don't MREs technically give all the nutrients you'll ever need for a day?
>>
>>36514552
>technically

technically
>>
>>36514552
Enjoy the Impacted colon.
>>
>>36514552
Fuck no. I hate the myth that thsee pieces of shit have enough calories for a day. They have a little over 1000 varying by meal. They also taste like shit and have the nutritional value of soap. Fuck MREs.
>>
>>36514569
Why would I get that?
>>
>>36514578
because they're made to block you up
/k/'s gear queers have some stories for you
>>
No. Why would you do that? These are for soldiers out in the field to eat with minor convenience. It could be their last meal for days. You're gonna get fat. Just learn how to cook.
>>
>>36514578
Faecal impaction gives me wood
>>
>>36514578

they're survival meals made to keep your waste functions to a minimum while loading you up with calories so you're not tired/shitting yourself whilst getting shot at or mauled by a nuclear bear or something
>>
>>36514598
oh I didn't know that! I have kinked intestines so these would literally kill me then.
>>
File: 1391401568713.jpg (318 KB, 1194x656) Image search: [Google]
1391401568713.jpg
318 KB, 1194x656
>>36514552
>>36514569
>>36514598
>>36514628
/k/ reporting in
>>
File: 1414450338344.jpg (999 KB, 927x1552) Image search: [Google]
1414450338344.jpg
999 KB, 927x1552
>>36514646
Then there was the time /k/ tried romance
>>
>>36514552
MRE more like pack of Salt. I don't even think they recommend that for survival .
>>
>>36514552
Sure if you like all your calories to be transfat, sugar, and more fat. They're designed for quick and long term energy burning in the field. Also a ridiculous amount of sodium to replace what's lost in sweat. There also is zero fiber so you get blocked up and don't have to shit during a mission. Roughly 1300 cals in 1 mre.
Most of the time I go hungry rather then eating them, although I've had to eat only 2 a day for a week before, so I didn't really have a choice. It all tastes like dogshit anyways, similar to all army food.
>>
>>36514552
Have you not read the horror stories from 4chan alone?

A diet consisting of just MREs will end up with your anus getting plugged to hell, then unleashing a torrent of never ending liquid hell fire from your anus, kill anyone with a 2 mile radius from the putrid smell alone.
>>
>>36514577
All the MREs I've eaten taste great. Stop trying to save money and buy real MREs.
>>
>>36514552
You can just eat cans of sardines and live off of that. Healthier too
>>
I ate them for months at a time while i was deployed so they will give you the calories you need to sustain life but we had a saying that why would you do it hard if you don't have to. MREs are disgusting and if you don't have to eat them then don't.
>>
>>36515420
Are you a military faggot? Military fags tend to say that MREs aren't bad. I've had several and they're absolute shit.
>>
>>36514552
>MRE's
my nigga

However they are not meant to be eaten for longer than maybe a week or two. All the preservatives and colon stoppers put into this shit could give you some serious health problems.

>>36515917
Depends on the MRE you ate.
Some are shit, some are great, most are meh.

Protip: chew the gum
>>
Tran fats my nigga.
>>
Brown rice, beans, and sardines y'all busta ass player haters.
>>
what's the minimal shti I can eat and still be plenty healthy?

right now I do:
eggs
rice
yams/sweet potato
protein powder
random meats
oranges
bananas
pickles

what else should I add that is necessary?
>>
>>36516154
oh and lots of onions & garlic
>>
>>36514552

An MRE has about 1200 calories and is loaded with preservatives. (just to give you an idea, the point of these is that you can leave it outside in the heat for months and they will still be okay. Stored in a cool dry place, they will last years). They are small, portable, so that a soldier can carry them in their backpack if they are on a mission that would prevent them from getting to the chow hall that day.

Basically, as far as us civilians are concerned, they are "prepper" food. You don't buy them for taste or health, you buy them to store in case of zombies. Not to mention they are expensive.
>>
>>36516154
If you are irish you can survive off of literally just potatoes and guinness
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.