[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm doing a 5x5 based program, 4 days a week. Wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-03-24 19.44.56.png (742 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-24 19.44.56.png
742 KB, 1080x1920
I'm doing a 5x5 based program, 4 days a week. Wondering if this we be helpful for gaining strength and maybe size.
>>
What are your lifts, how long have you been working out?
>>
>>36513096
Stupid. Pick a program and do it. Don't make up your own, don't change it, don't customize it. Just pick an established program that has been proven to work and do it.
>>
>>36513136
Lifting for a 7 months now.
Bench 245
Ohp 165
Squat 335
Deadlift 385

Lolling to build strength, and conjugate was doing much, when I followed it perfectly.
>>
>>36513199
*looking
>>
>>36513199

Wow, that's really good for 7 months of work. Do you play any sports or work in construction or something?
>>
>>36513199
>>36513244
don't jump too quickly. what did he start at? and what was he on in terms of program?
>>
>>36513244
I had done basic bitch shit for 3 months but never wieght.and did construction for 6 years.
I started with 135 bench
95 ohp
205 squat
275 deadlift
>>
>>36513276
I did push pull legs twice a week on a bulk and made size and strength. Might go back to it one day.
>>
>>36513305
nice work on the dl.
>>
>>36513162
Yeah. Why is everyone on a fit autistic enough to think they can design their own program with 0 coaching experience and hardly any lifting experience.
>>
>>36513346
Because some people know there body, and have researched alot.
>>
>>36513096
That is a ludicrous amount of volume at that intensity OP.

Pick a popular program. Try a novice program, if you can't handle the volume enough to recover inbetween workouts then move on to an intermediate program.

e.g. novice: SS/SL, ICF
intermediate: Candito linear program, Texas Method, Madcow
>>
>>36513368
You didn't read what I said.
>>
>>36513368
Why the fuck are you asking us then?
>>
>>36513368
Whatever. Do what you want. I suggest you do crossfit.
>>
>>36513346
well i for one design my own programs. but also 6-8 years ago when i was still in high school i had to take weightlifting class for baseball and every single semester there were several weeks of nutritional, weightlifting, and general fitness education before anyone was even allowed to touch the weights or do any physical activity.
>>
>>36513096
if you are doing a 5x5 just do reg parks not some autistic shit like in the pic
>>
>>36513096
The internet is literally littered with effective fullbody 5x5 routines that have a proven track record to work, and most of which are written by accomplished bodybuilders and strength coaches. To top that, there are beginner/intermediate and advanced versions of these programs that will propell yourself through gains, gains and more fucking gains.

>So i'll go write my own instead

I'll see you 6months once you've stalled.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.