[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I want to vape. The talk of all the flavors and customization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: vape-pen.jpg (193 KB, 2562x1637) Image search: [Google]
vape-pen.jpg
193 KB, 2562x1637
I think I want to vape. The talk of all the flavors and customization of the pens interests me. The only thing I've smoked before was 2 cigars, so if I vaped it would be non-nicotine. I just feel like there may be some health consequences. Has anyone here vaped without smoking before and experienced negative health effects? Should I wait until long term results are found?
>>
>>36513065
Do whatever you want, There doesn't seem to be any health epidemic and they have been around for years now.

Without nicotine you'll probably be bored of it within a month or 2 anyways.
>>
I quit smoking cigs almost two weeks ago, started vaping. After 15 years of cigarettes, vaping pretty much sucks. However, it's better than cold turkey, and should be easier to quit since I don't enjoy it. My advice, if you aren't vaping to quit real smokes, don't waste your money.
>>
Vaping is my secret shame
>>
I vaped to quit smoking. Went from a pack a day for 5+ years to nothing.

Vaping for the taste however is stupid. There are still downsides.

I use to cough my lungs up daily when I smoked but that stopped when I started vaping, so I trust that it's better for my lungs however--
>dry skin
I got dandruff instantly
>dehydration
You need to drink far more water
>kills taste buds
At first I noticed the flavors and loved it, after a month they got duller, to the point where I only vaped menthol. Read up on it. Company's now produce 'double shot' flavors to keep people vaping.

I have nothing against vaping for quiting smoking, but vaping for the flavors is silly. Coming from someone who vaped for a year.
>>
>>36513201

The flavor issue is what I'm experiencing. I can taste the first hit in the morning, but after that, every flavor I have tastes the same.
>>
>>36513232
>>36513201
>>36513198
>>36513181
>>36513116
>>36513065
Why dont you guys go to a gay bar since you like using a dick sucking simulation
>inhaling anything besides air and getting no buzz/high off it
At least you get high of pot at least you get a buzz from cigs so what is the point of inhaling chemical vapes?
>>
>>36513065
Go ahead and vape, but be prepared to be laughed at by literally everyone who doesn't vape
>>
>>36513265

>get high off pot
Good goy. Keep rotting your brain. I mean opening your mind
>>
>>36513293
>inhaling pure bs for no health benefit or mental stimulation
>>
>>36513065
Only vape if you already smoke. I went from 60 cigarettes a day to vaping, and my life improved dramatically but it's the exact same bullshit.

Just fuckign don't. You get so much shit about it too.
>>
It has been shown that it can lower your immune system with chronic use. It's also not generally advised to inhale liquid vapor as it can harbour bacteria and make you prone to infection.

The biggest damage it does though is your image to society. Vaping is widely considered faggotry.
>>
>>36513306
>no health benefit

I just posted saying I used it to quit smoking. Which worked. That's a benefit..
Go smoke another joint and like pictures on Facebook about how it cures cancer to show your friends how cool you are
>>
>>36513362
>typical vape fags
>Gets questioned of no use of vapes
>disregards "At least you get high of pot at least you get a buzz from cigs" buzzed from cigs
>GO SMOKE ANOTHER JOINT lmaaoo degenerate
>never mentioned i smoked pot
I just stated that you get nothing from inhaling bullshit instead u can go practice sucking a dick which has the same effect as sucking vape
>>
>>36513065
I Vaped heavily with nicotine for 2 years. I had never smoked before. I didn't have any dependence on nicotine or any adverse health effects. I stopped because it's just expensive.
>>
>>36513265
a.)
>thinking you don't get a buzz off vaping assuming you aren't some degenerate who does it 24/7

b.)
The point is you get a buzz, it can taste good, and it's less dangerous than the alternative.
>>
>>36513458
Lmao paying money to inhale sweet air
I see why the jews have strived for so long
>>
The only two things gayer than vaping are sucking a dick and letting a dude fuck you. Fucking a dude and letting a dude suck your dick are actually slightly less gay than vaping. Don't do this to yourself op, and the rest of you if you're vaping then please stop.
>>
>>36513477
Assuming you're the guy talking about 'at least you get high off pot' the argument is equivalent. You're paying for something unnecessary, both are luxury goods. You really have no grounds to complain.
>>
>>36513065
"Less dangerous than the alternative." Is just not true. Remember who manufactures this shit, the tobacco companies. They added filters to cigarettes once upon a time to "make them safe." They're liars, lighting shit on fire and breathing it can kill you, just ask your doctor.
>>
>>36513181
Are you using a shitty vape set up? I quit smoking by vaping using the cheap pen batteries and plastic tanks...it sucked and I went back to smoking.

Then I quit again and bought a quality box mod and nice tank. Bought quality juice and started blowing clouds. It's been a year and a half now and I don't even think about cigs.
>>
>>36513505
Pot you get in another mindstate your views of the world change
Vape you are just sucking straight sweet air and making your throat dry for what? just to show you know how to suck dick
>>
>>36513065
popcorn lung. google it.
>>
>>36513544
There are MANY companies who are not controlled by Big Tobacco who are responsible for producing vaping components and ejuices.

>>36513602
Pot is still a non-essential good, which is more expensive to boot. Also, I'd love to know where you're getting pot that makes your views of the world change. Also, you seem to not be reading, vaping will give you a buzz and nicotine has documented cognitive effects. I assume you also hate coffee because it's flavored water?
>>
File: icursiss.gif (2 MB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
icursiss.gif
2 MB, 500x254
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkm8Hteeh6M
>>
>>36513361
>It's also not generally advised to inhale liquid vapor as it can harbour bacteria and make you prone to infection.

Vape juices contain propylene glycol, so this statement sounds like pure broscience to me
>>
>>36513888
So now you're constantly inhaling an bactericidal that's destroying the normal respiratory flora making you potentially more susceptible to opportunistic pathogens. Cool.
>>
File: what.png (21 KB, 492x430) Image search: [Google]
what.png
21 KB, 492x430
>>36513948
>>
>>36513318
60 holy fuck man
>>
>>36513065
My side effects in include being reasonably entertained at red lights, a severe preference for 100% VG Fuck PG makes me queasy, and dry mouth which actually makes me drink a lot more water than I used to so ita actually better. Went from no cigarettes to 18mg nic and honestly love it. Costs me about $35 for 2 months of vaping. And it's also an excellent way to get unwanted animals away from u
>>
>>36513619

>never heard of popcorn lung until a straight edge acquaintance mentions it
>google it
>within 2 minutes find multiple studies
>all state that this never happens anymore because xyz

Why are straight edge people literally worse than getting raped by hitler?
>>
>>36514010
>also an excellent way to get unwanted animals away from you

I approve
>>
>vaping when you don't even have a nicotine addiction

AYYYY LMAO
>>
>>36514344
Why not, is there something wrong with that?
>>
>>36514010
>And it's also an excellent way to get unwanted animals away from u

This.

>Be me
>Start smoking at 16
>Boutta packa'day
>Friend gets me a vape at 17
>Bretty neat, stop smoking so much
>Either fall back to smoking or end up doing both
>Couple years pass, I've substituted smoking for dipping a few times but still cant kick smoking
>Thinking of vaping again

Seriously. I could afford to buy better juice/vapes now which would help. Only think is the social image I've created in my head about it.
>>
File: 1453082371209.jpg (17 KB, 567x564) Image search: [Google]
1453082371209.jpg
17 KB, 567x564
>vaping

Kill urself my man.
>>
>>36513065
Every person I've met that vapes has been a huge faggot. No joke.
>>
I work in a smoke shop and sell the shit. Just don't. It's a waste. the PG in the juice is propylglycol. The flavours are esters. Also not good.
>>
>>36514487
Look man, a lot of us switched because we fucked up when we were younger and smokes cigs. Like dumbasses, because it is outright stupid as fuck. I've been using one for a year and worked down to the lowest level I can buy, hoping to get off within the next month.

I'm not trying to do it because it's cool, but because I couldn't run half the track without dying. I'm just trying to work back to where I should be. Aside from that, unless you've been in my home after school, you'd have no idea I've vaped or smoked, ever, because you only see the douchebags (because courteous people don't vape around other people; statistical success bias right there for ya). So of course the only people you *know* do it are the ones that let you know.
>>
>>36513065
All the friends I know who got into vaping got a nicotine addiction and smoked them for the buzz

Its not worth it, vaping is literally the fedora of the smoking world, plus the effect it has on your health is basically unknown. Like when cigarette companies marketed that cigarettes are good for you etc. except now its vapes.
>>
File: neckbeard-lighter-640x533[1].jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-lighter-640x533[1].jpg
78 KB, 640x533
>ITT
>>
>>36513065
https://www.google.com/search?q=popcorn+lung
>>
File: vape-smoke2.png (856 KB, 967x1124) Image search: [Google]
vape-smoke2.png
856 KB, 967x1124
>>36513065
The only time I ever vape is weed after an insane workout.
I know its the fedora of joints but combustion is is shitty for your lungs
>pic related
I smoke with the Davinci Ascent, works well with oils and waxes too besides dry herbs very well too.
>>
The only thing going into your lungs should be air, seems like a good rule to me.

Also who just decided they want to start vaping? It's meant for smokers who want to feel like they're quitting, but not actually quitting.
>>
>>36514010
Did you really lose your sense of taste for the different flavors?
>>
>>36514487

I treat vaping like smoking; never do it around other people basically
>>
> sucking robot dick

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>36514012
Don't forget that cigarette smoke produces 100x the amount of the chemical that causes popcorn then vapor does. You don't see smokers getting it
>>
>>36513361
>liquid vapour
>liquid
>vapour

nice knowledge of physical chemistry ya got there pally
>>
>>36513065
>vaping without nicotine
kys
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.