[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Losing weight. Been running a lot and shedding fat faster than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Losing weight. Been running a lot and shedding fat faster than expected. Also discovered I love running. I plan to do a 5k this summer.

If I continue on this path am I doomed to Twig City, or is it possible to maintain some muscle while also trying to run a Marathon if I also lift and eat right? If it matters, I don't care about being the fastest runner there.

I know some cardio is good and too much cardio kills gains, and probably running 26 miles is too much cardio. But is there any way to balance these two goals?

I don't need to be hueg, just ottermode is fine.
>>
File: Reaction 25.jpg (153 KB, 565x565) Image search: [Google]
Reaction 25.jpg
153 KB, 565x565
bump
>>
>>36508939
OP here. What?
>>
>>36508624
Cardio doesn't kill your gains.

This is Casey Neistat, he almost exclusively runs marathons and skateboards, he only lifts when it's bad weather, and running a long distance isn't possible.

If you make gains, you aren't going to lose them to cardio, but if you lift and then run a marathon on your rest day, you likely won't gain any muscle.

Scooby's site has more detailed information on this, but no, you aren't going to be a superskelly if you run 5k every now and then, just EAT.

And if you really think it's going to steal your gains, EAT MORE.
>>
>>36509020
That bitch is fat
>>
>>36508624
Cardio doesn't kill gains, it's a meme caused by putting all marathon runners in the same boat as the ones you see on tv, you know those skinny africans, the reason their upper body is so weak is because they dont need all that heavy upper body weight when running long distances. It's only gonna weigh them down, it is definitly possible to combine running and having a heavier physique, just make sure you eat enough.
>>
Hardly any infantry soldiers do less than 20 miles of running throughout the week in the uk, and most do their own phys in the evening/lunchtime. Gain plenty muscle even with only being allowed informed sport products.
>>
>>36509066
>Cardio doesn't kill gains

if you're natty you HAVE to do cardio in some way if you ever want that "cut" look

doesnt matter what it is:

1. Walk
2. Hike
3. Ruck
4. LSD (long slow distance) running
5. Hill sprints
6. Regular sprints
X. Whatever

you just have to do something.
Obviosuly, if you're a durg cheat, you just need to eat lol
>>
>>36509020
>>36509066
Thanks.
>>36509063
Isn't she just, y'know, pregnant?
>>36509081
Huh. That averages out to about 4-5k per day. Good to know.
>>36509104
Cool. I'm gonna stay 100% natty, so that's helpful to know.
>>
>>36509020
>that pregnant broad

Ummph!
>>
>>36509104

cardio actually helps with muscle gains too:

-optimized nutrient delivery via CV effects
-optimized waste removal via CV effects
-improved parasympathetic system i.e better rest and digest = better gains
-increased muscle capilarization helps with weight training
-better muscle enzymes associated with better functioning strength improvements

for more on this look up Alex Viada. he specializes in "hybrid training", i.e strength and LSD stuff.

here's a video, all 3hrs 20 minutes of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ica6QHlxY5w
>>
>>36508624
>planning to do a 5k
>>
>>36508624
Mirin birthing hips
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.