[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Atlas SHRUGGED >Isn't about working out wtf is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: atlas-shrugged-book-cover.jpg (165 KB, 640x1097) Image search: [Google]
atlas-shrugged-book-cover.jpg
165 KB, 640x1097
>Atlas SHRUGGED
>Isn't about working out
wtf is this
>>
Still a very based book and quite relevant to fit, even if only metaphorical.

Are you fit because you chose to work hard at it? Or are you just genetically "thin privileged" and fat people are only fat because you are oppressing them?
>>
Ancap here.

I actually have gotten into the hobby of edging myself to Ayn Rand before lifting, something about it gives me the boost I need.
>>
>>36508413
I used to this but quit and honestly I've never been more confident and my skin cleared up
>>
>>36508267
eh you tried
>>
>>36508393

>based

huh didn't know we were using that as a synonym for shit now
>>
>>36508393

>Ayn Rand
>based

Fuck right off. She's simplistic and juvenile, and has zero understanding of social dynamics or economics.
>>
>>36508844

Well, keep at it, kid. You'll understand someday. It doesn't matter what you're dealing with, business, fitness, girls, whatever - if you work hard at something, and are successful at it, people will try to tear you down and blame their own failures on you.

It's not fair that you're thin and I'm fat. It's not fair that you're rich and I'm poor. It's not fair that you get the grills and I don't. I demand that someone fix these problems!
>>
Her philosophy is on par with your average Reddit fedora teenage, her descriptions of landscape and cityscape are totally based writing.
>>
>>36509132

Like I said: Simplistic, juvenile idiocy. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>36508267

>Decline press
>Still talk to journalist
>>
>>36509132
>Well, keep at it, kid. You'll understand someday. It doesn't matter what you're dealing with, business, fitness, girls, whatever - if you work hard at something, and are successful at it, people will try to tear you down and blame their own failures on you.
>It's not fair that you're thin and I'm fat. It's not fair that you're rich and I'm poor. It's not fair that you get the grills and I don't. I demand that someone fix these problems!

>is 17
>lives with his mom
>condescendingly calls people "kid" while defending shit tier philosophy
>might not even lift
>>
>>36508267
Why is this book so popular? What philosophy makes it relevant to /fit/?

(just out of curiosity)
>>
>>36509256
it's a book that says everyone who isn't rich is bigbad and holding rich successful people back.

It's written by a lady who wholly misunderstood Nietzsche's philosophy, had no concept of economics, and who decided that she had to write a book about it.

long story short, the book boils down to "free market gonna make the best of the best rise anyone who try to stop the best are just evil evil thats it thats all"

it's pseudo-philosophy for twats basically
>>
>>36509256

Its basically radical individualism.

Follow your dreams fuck what anyone else says.

Nietczhe 2.0
>>
>>36509132
>>36508393

tfw I will never be autistic
>>
>The Metamorphosis
>Isn't written by Rich Piana
wtf is this?
>>
>>36509374
>depicting the vermin on the front cover

the dude EXPLICITLY said to never put an image of it on the cover, come on.
>>
>play 40k
>collect Squats
>still have no glutes

Fucking con, man
>>
>>36509256
People are simplifying the book because they haven't read 1000 pages of it and are summarizing a Cliffsnote summary of the book.

Basically, it boils down to selfishness and individualism. Selfishness means making decisions based on what you want and makes you happy without infringing on the freedom and rights of others. If you want to become swole, do it. If you don't want to donate to charity, don't. If you do want to donate or help others because it makes you happy or you think it's beneficial for society to cultivate a culture of helping each other succeed, then donate as much as you want.

It was never about stealing shit or becoming a greedy Jew.

Individualism is that a person has natural rights such as freedom of speech, religion, pursuit of happiness, etc and they can't be taken away. And that people are responsible for their own happiness and situations.

Now this is a bit flawed in that she extends to this economy and claims a completely unregulated free market is the best, which is total bullshit.
>>
>>36509256
>>36509410
"Also, as evidenced by her personal life, she was more a hypocritical, questionable character than a moral role model. As a teenager in Russia, "she watched her family nearly starve while she treated herself to the theater." She railed against government benefits but cheerfully collected social security and Medicare. She championed integrity, but bastardized Nietzsche's best ideas."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jun/10/confessions-recovering-objectivist-ayn-rand
>>
>>36509519
http://www.vice.com/read/in-defense-of-ayn-rand-the-monster-under-the-progressive-bed-713
>>
If you're fit and shredded, would you bang a fat chick? Why not? She can't help being fat. She obviously works just as hard at being fit as you do. You need to share what you've gained with her, and not just only give the big D to the hot cardio bunnies. It's only fair.

(and yes, it IS the same thing.)
>>
>>36509410
>>36509519
>>36509654

Based response, I'm always find it weird that so many people have opinions on a book so large it turns away about 50% of people before the halfway mark.
>>
>how to summon sol: the thread
>>
>>36508393

Le tip
>>
>want to get big traps
>buy a trapezius training guide "Atlas Shrugged" recommended by an elite weightlifting board under the name of /fit/
>realize you've become a victim of an act of trolling
>shrug it off
>>
>anacraps
>>
>>36509519
She took social security because she had paid into it. That's the entire point of Ragnar's character in the book.

This is how you can spot people who haven't read it.
>>
>>36508838
>>36508844
It's actually a good read if you skip over the 60 page monologue at the end. Despite the philosophy behind it I think it's a book everyone should read at some point even if it's just to see opposition to their views.
>>
>>36508838
Where have you been for the last 6 years?
>>
>>36511857

A well rounded individual who is enough of an intellectual to understand, even if not agree, with opposing viewpoints would be part of Übermensch status. I didn't like the idea of the book before but now I may go get a copy. Thanks anon.
>>
>>36511827
That's not how Social Security works

It's basically a Ponzi scheme, only it's okay because participation is mandatory
>>
>>36509132
le nothin personel le kid
>>
>>36509321
You mean Neetche v0.1
At least Nietzche was smart.
>>
File: 1453914304967.jpg (19 KB, 542x656) Image search: [Google]
1453914304967.jpg
19 KB, 542x656
>>36508393
>tfw I thought this when I was 19 and was a really annoying asshole for a year and a half

It's embarassing
>>
>>36511827
Lol she just wrote a book that justified all her actions wtf does that prove. She is inconsistent.
>>
>>36508267
I've never read it but I assume it's about shirking responsibilities in order to get fitter so it's something I can relate to.

Atlas shrugs the planet off his back so that he can go hit the gym and get even swoler.
>>
File: shinometa.jpg (224 KB, 675x658) Image search: [Google]
shinometa.jpg
224 KB, 675x658
>>36509132
No they won't
>>
>this thread
>fucking nerds
>>
>all these people actually discussing the fucking book

>The Great Gatsby
>Gatsby is actually a massive beta
>>
>>36513583
Mate we are discussing mobs dick

Gatsby was a pedestrian anyway
>>
>>36512434
No worries breh we're all gonna make it. I disagree with a lot of the philosophy but it is an interesting read and does have some valid points
>>
>>36512434
It's like eleven hundred pages and not well-written
>>
File: moby_280x390_441375a.jpg (17 KB, 280x390) Image search: [Google]
moby_280x390_441375a.jpg
17 KB, 280x390
>>36513635
isn't his entire body just a penis tho?
>>
>>36513583
Yeah and Fitzgerald was celebrating him for believing true love bullshit and having a crush on a whore
>>
>>36512751
You're literally retarded. Her philosophy was that it's okay to take from the government how much you are forced to put in. How is that inconsistent that she took social security?
>>
>>36512507

Correct, but that's not the fault of the participants. They were promised a lie.
>>
>>36508413
lmfao
>>
>>36509291
she also wrote it while on social assistance. shes basically the trappy-chan of philosophy.
>>
>>36509519
lol she sounds like every fucking teenager out there who still lives with their parents. "kek my parents are slaves to capitalism and thier jobs MOM MAKE ME SOME FUCKING FISHSTICKS IM HUNGRY"
>>
>>36508267
Lmao, 1 Earth shrugs
Get on my level Atlas.
>>
>>36512751
Le godel meme
>>
>>36512716
i dont get it, im privileged with thin muscular body, fat people by default are going to be fat in the same way
>>
>>36509654
What a shitty article.
>>
>>36509395
he also asked for his work to be destroyed after his death, go figure how many shits they give about what this guy wants
>>
>>36516670
So if he wanted his work to be destroyed why did he also say what kind of shit he didn't want pictured on the covers?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.