[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Lifting >Suddenly existentialistic crisis What do? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>Lifting
>Suddenly existentialistic crisis
What do?
Why should I keep lifting weights up and down when all we're stuck in is a meaningless, hedonistic excistence?
>>
>>36507742
what preworkout are you taking?
I want whatever the fuck you're taking
>>
Do you enjoy it?
Do you enjoy the benefits that come with it?

If no, then quit.

Would you rather be happy or swole... or both.

It's up to you nigga.
>>
Because hedonism is easier if you look good. And any existence, even a hedonistic one, is preferable to non-existence. Probably the only thing the ontological argument got right.
>>
>>36507742
>existentialistic crisis
>existentialistic
>>
>>36507897
But you don't know what non-excistence is like, how can you say it's not better?

Check
Mate
>>
File: 1439220036781.jpg (21 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
1439220036781.jpg
21 KB, 500x337
>>36507742
this happens to me every couple of weeks, like during a particularly heavy set of deadlifts. makes it really hard to finish the set since it's already really psychological
>>
So you can be better at this meaningless, hedonistic existence than someone else. Thats why i do it. If lifes a game, play it like one. Plus i like getting my dick wet.
>>
>>36507742
Im assuming you don't go outside too often and live the most boring life ever
>>
>>36507742
Actually I find that lifting is the perfect way to abstain from hedonism. It's a pain in the ass to eat right and workout hard it builds character as opposed to sitting on your ass and eating like shit
>>
>>36508096
>kills self to find out
>>
>>36509997
Glad it's not just me. It's been fucking with my head lately, whether it's all worth it. Especially as I'm getting ready to do my first cycle. Doesn't help.
>>
>>36507742
Just ignore it. As soon as I start thinking about life, death and all that I just go "LALALALALALALA" in my head and think about something else so I don't have to be alone with my thoughts.
>>
>>36507742
>Why should I keep lifting weights up and down

because it feels good man
>>
>>36510393
You know it's still there, gnawing at you.
>>
>lifting last week
>realize i dont go outside and no one even sees my body and lifting for myself doesnt help because 99% of the bodies i see on /fit/ are all better than my own outside of skinny and fat people just starting
>>
A strong body is a requisite for a strong mind. Is that hedonistic, anon?
>>
>>36512160
True but you just have to hide it long enough until something comes along that shoves it even deeper down the recesses of your mind
>>
>>36509997
>>36507742
>>36507783

Happens to me every time I lift. Most of my session feels really good and honestly being at the gym is the best part of my day but there's always a moment where mid-set I'm overwhelmed by a flood of nihilistic thoughts.

Why am I even trying? I"m a twig-tier aushwitz-fag, I don't belong here?
Why even try to better myself when I've already made a mess of my life?
How can I do this everyday for years? I'll probably flake out?
I haven't seen any gains I should probably quit (it's only been a few weeks so obviously this thought is retarded).

For some reason being at the gym really causes me to dwell on the pointlessness of my existence. it's not so much a sadness as it is a crushing numbness. I start to feel like I'm going through the motions of being /fit/ without actually accomplishing anything.

The only thing you can do is keep pushing through it. If nothing means anything than it's up to you to create meaning. Sure I could spend my life couch-locked trying to distract myself from the pointless nothingness of life but why not at least try to feel a little bit better about it and lift weights?
>>
This usually happens on my rest days. I think about how I'm going to lose all my gains when I'm older and how am I going to keep lifting when I'm 60 or 70
>>
>>36507742
Feel the same. I just lift to mellow out now. Happiness doesn't exist for me but numbness will do.
>>
Because, presumably, you want to. Either lifting is enjoyable in and of itself, or becoming better at lifting enables you to perform better in some other area that you enjoy, which would presumably increase your enjoyment thereof
>>
File: knight of faith.png (50 KB, 202x235) Image search: [Google]
knight of faith.png
50 KB, 202x235
>>36507742
>What do?
Read Kierkegaard.
>>
>>36512160
>>36510393
>>36512247
It's like kayfabe in pro-wrestling. Everyone knows it's fake, but everyone has a better time when we pretend it's real
>>
File: 1441157264435.jpg (284 KB, 1486x1058) Image search: [Google]
1441157264435.jpg
284 KB, 1486x1058
>>36507742
op's philosophy lvl: 0.70/100

think more phaggot
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.