[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently had a talk with a friend of mine about how unhappy I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: ffs.jpg (26 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
ffs.jpg
26 KB, 500x398
Recently had a talk with a friend of mine about how unhappy I was with my body and how I was gonna go back to the gym and get my shit together for good this time. She's extremely fat, (~165+ lbs at 5'3) so she decided to "join" me because she also wants to lose weight (this has been her entire life, fad diets, obsession over detoxes, obsession over the number she sees in the scale, eats "healthy" all week only to shove a whole week's worth of calories down her throat in a day and not follow up the next week, etc). I really want to help her, as she's my best friend and she would definitely look really really good if she lost about 40-50lbs. I just don't know how to keep her on track and stop her from obsessing over all this shit she sees on buzzfeed articles and her own weight. How can I help keep her on track? If you guys could dump all your motivation pics or type up some stuff I could show her I'd appreciate it. Thanks /fit/.

>pic related
It's what she looks like, except she has way bigger boobs and arms.
>>
>>36505393
>motivation pics
Getting motivated is easy. It's STAYING motivated for years at a time that's the hard part
>>
If she loses weight you will basically lose half a friend. Is it really worth it?
>>
>>36505401
I understand. She's lost up to 20 lbs before, but once people start telling her how she's lost weight and looks skinnier she kind of just stays there and slowly gains it all back and repeats the cycle. How do I get her out of that ;-;
>>
>>36505393
>helping a "best friend" get /fit/ so she can fuck other dudes and tell you bout it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_FFIFhG6to
>>
>>36505581
>implying I'm a guy
>>
>>36505948
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Don't think of it as "dieting", think of it as learning to eat the way people who aren't fat eat normally. Also tits or gtfo.
>>
>>36505965
I really think she has some mild disorder regarding her views on food. She'll eat even when she isn't hungry, she'll eat little bits from other people's food and justify it by saying "she just wanted to try it and one bite won't affect her" but before she knows it she's probably had half a meal once you add up all the "bites".
>>
Does she have any interest in a hobby that uses physical activity? Let that motivate her, and she'll have a new hobby too so she doesn't read buzzfeed all damn day.
>>
>>36505393
>extremely fat, (~165+ lbs at 5'3)
Hahaha, Americans.
>>
>>36505995
>she'll eat little bits from other people's food

That's fucked up.
>>
>>36506208

Yeah, I'd slap her hand away and say "NO!" as if scolding a dog.
>>
>>36505393
Buzzfeed has some videos that talk about losing weight and keeping healthy as well, and in the comments section you usually do see comments saying were an obese nations that shouldn't be glorifying fast-food so I don't see how she got that from.buzzfeed videos
>inb4 how dare I watch buzzfeed
But really motivational pictures aren't going to cure your friend. Fat is very much a mental issue as well, she needs to have therapy with a professional to work out the real root cause of her fat. Its not as easy as asking fit for motivational bs, to be successful she needs to be able to draw that motivation from herself, no one or nothing else.
>>
File: do it for him.jpg (145 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
do it for him.jpg
145 KB, 500x324
>>
>>36505995
Idk about any of you but if someone takes food from my plate without asking it's met with a torrent of vitriol from myself. That's my energy you're taking from me
>>
File: 1454322922626.png (1 MB, 1349x1600) Image search: [Google]
1454322922626.png
1 MB, 1349x1600
You can't make her commit. The only person that can get somebody to commit is themselves.
>>
>>36505393

She currently isn't being punished or rewarded for being fat or in shape. You can try changing her lifestyle so that there is a reason to get in and stay in shape.

Team sports, if she has any self respect she won't want to "let the team down".

Climbing, the easier way to progress in climbing is to lose some weight (assuming you start overweight).

Biking or jogging with a group, no one wants to be the straggler.
>>
>>36506457
Motivation has to come from her, otherwise the whole plan can easily revert at any time
>>
>>36506509

If she had motivation she wouldn't be out of shape in the first place.

Sometimes people need a little outside pressure to get them on the right track. Lot's of women won't leave the house without some makeup or checking their hair, changing their clothes etc... They care about what people think, why not channel that motivation into something positive?

Of course it won't work if she has no self respect but it's a strategy.
>>
>>36506444
>>36506509
This, until she really wants it she won't make the lifestyle changes she needs to.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.