[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do anyone know a similar app to 5x5 but where you can completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 09239023.png (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
09239023.png
18 KB, 300x300
Do anyone know a similar app to 5x5 but where you can completely change the routine after what you like?
>>
>>36504526
on iphone, multi year weight training. Has SS and SL for free I think and a few others, can pay like $4 and program your own. Pretty fucking good app tbqh FaM
>>
based excel
>>
>>36504557
This
>>
>>36504526
Any spreadsheet really
>>
>>36504535
Thank you
>>
>>36504526
Fitnotes, best routine tracking app out there. Free on Android, no idea about ios tho.
>>
>>36504561
>>36504557
And no. This is shit.
Don't want to walk around with a stupid paper in the gym
>>
>>36504620
>excel
>paper
We have computer phones now familam, I use google sheets.
>>
>>36504526
Strong on iOS and Progression on Android. I've tried them all.
>>
>>36504616
This, you can even export your data to .csv if you want to load a db and track your progress on a PC. It is lightweight and free, give it a try
>>
>>36504620

android phones are cheap
mobile excel is free

what are you, poor?

apps aren't customizable and are p2w bs, a spreadsheet costs nothing, can be uploaded to the cloud and shared across multiple devices and most important you can customize it with your needs
>>
>>36504616
this helps me, i used multi year when i had a iphone but needed something better. Home gym now tho so probs whiteboard will do.
>>
>>36504526
Progress
>>
Literally a piece of paper and a pen
I hate millennials sometimes
>>
>>36505592
>carrying around pen and paper

NERRRRD
>>
>>36504526
strong
>>
File: huheleda.jpg (24 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
huheleda.jpg
24 KB, 409x409
Fitnotes

You even do a search in the app store OP?
>>
>>36504526
Fitnotes is the best I have ever tried

makes graphs and shit
>>
>>36505635
>>36505777
This.

Fitnotes is based.
>>
>>36505592
That's a strange mindset to have. Not the hating millennials (though it is a bit silly to say you hate a generation), but equating using a phone app to track things to millennials. Assuming you're no part of the generation you claim to hate, do you think it was wrong to switch from paper maps to GIS, or from VHS to digital video, or from inefficient cars to more economical cars? What I'm saying is, there are certainly characteristics attributed to this generation that are worth vilifying, but it's a little puritan or even ignorant to hate us for progress. Because that's literally what using an app over pen and paper is, progress. With fitnotes I can track my workouts, copy previous workouts, analyse weight, volume, number of sets, progress, etc all within the same application, all put together and immediately accessible. While you may be able to do the same thing from pen an paper, it requires manual data aggregation and either entering it into a spreadsheet, or else if you're truly puritan drawing graphs and plots by hand. What possible advantage does pen and paper have over an app that I may be missing?
>>
>>36504526
FitNotes.
>>
gym rat 5x5 i added the accessory lifts.
>>
>>36505855

Not OP.
It's more philosophical. What's simpler than a pen and paper for note taking? It's as old as written languages themselves.

Sometimes it's nicer to do certain things traditionally vs having x amount of dedicated apps on a phone to do the same stuff digitally.

And in regards to VHS and digital video, I'd say that's a little different. Video is relatively new and far more complex and specialized than note taking, thus it improves and evolves differently.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.