[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
buddy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 2.jpg (77 KB, 728x1388) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
77 KB, 728x1388
i need to loose a bunch of weight and start lifting.
i know the basics i need to know to achieve that. the problem is me falling off the track. i need to find somebody that is trying to do the same, so we can check in on each other and keep us going. i tried to find a good site to achieve this, but they are all a shit. anybody here up to do that?
>>
Tell your family that you're trying to lose weight. Tell your friends that you're trying to lose weight.

There. Now you have 10+ people that will constantly be checking if you're losing weight and if you don't, you'll let them all down.
>>
>>36503776
i tried that many, many times. they don0t give a fuck and the ones who are all enthusiastic in the beginning soon flake and get back to their old habits. i really thought about doing that again, but it hasn't worked in the last 15 years, so why should it now? i need somebody with a bit more discipline.
>>
File: sad frog suicide.jpg (26 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
sad frog suicide.jpg
26 KB, 160x160
>>36503776
>Tell your family that you're trying to lose weight. Tell your friends that you're trying to lose weight.
>tfw all you have is your mother and she's a fatass that eats everything in her sight
>>
>>36503782
so, wanna do this together?
>>
>>36503782

kek

I'm on a cut now. I do intermittent fasting (for 12 hrs/day) and it really checks the hunger in check. It's easy to sustain a 500+ calorie deficit this way. I keep all my food in the fridge at work and nothing at some so that, even I wanted to cheat here and there, I can't.

I also use an ECA stack to further curb the appetite and boost my cardio sessions. I figure in five more weeks I will have lost another 8 lbs.

You can do this thing, OP
>>
>>36503806
anon... pls...
i appreciate your input, but i already have a diet and exercise plan. i just need somebody to kick my ass if i don't follow it.
>>
>>36503754
The easiest way to have no friends is to use "Loose" when you mean "Lose".
>>
>>36503826
yeah, i noticed. but if there's something more cringey than having bad grammar, it is to correct yourself on 4chan.
also, english is not my first language, so cut me some slack
>>
>>36503815

Ah ok. Well, that's an internal issue. Even if you had a coach, once he leaves after you've lost the weight, if you can't self-regulate, you'll just regain it all anyway. You have to learn to do it on your own, OP, if you want life-long gains. Or find a fit GF/wife with whom you can share this lifestyle long-term.
>>
>>36503835
that's all nice and cute. but i tried and i failed many times. so i thought i'm goint to try a different approach. since i assume you know the definition of insanity...?
>>
>>36503833
>more cringey than having bad grammar, it is to correct yourself on 4chan.

No, it's just a sign of laziness if you can't tell the difference. You should be thanking anon for correcting you, thereby sparing yourself further potential public embarrassment in the future. I always welcome corrections to my grammar, spelling, etc. And I always double check the dictionary or style guide if I'm not sure. I'm always learning and it makes me a better person. You should do the same.
>>
>>36503842
>learn self-discipline?
>that's all nice and cute
>but I'd rather be weak and dependent
>halp, /fit

Confirmed for not making it.
>>
>>36503851
ok, i KNOW the difference between loose and lose. i'm just not autistic enough to spellcheck every word i write. i just typed that out and sent it. why do you need to make such a big deal out of it? what if i accidentially typed the o twice? does that make me the dumbest person in human history? get a grip son
>>
>>36503865
ffs...i DO work on bettering my self discipline. what's so bad about wanting to have a buddy on your side to doing that? what about your gym buddies? are they a sign of weakness too? yeah... thought so
>>
>>36503878

I don't use gym buddies. What would I "use" them for? Spotting, conceivably, but there's always staff there who are happy to spot me. I don't talk to people at the gym. I'm there to lift and get out. Not everyone needs to be coddled you big baby. You're so fat that your test levels are down to zero. That's why you have no will power and why you sound like a mewling baby. Man the fuck up.
>>
>>36504036
>test levels are down to zero
agreed. that's because this is the way it's meant to be in my body.
but ok, i hear ya. but this thread wasn't very helpfull desu
>>
>>36503754
the real problem is you dont want to get fit. if you truly wanted it the motivation would come from the inside not from external sources. it's fine if you prefer living like a lazy piece of shit but be honest about it. stop lying to yourself about "hurr durr if I only had a bf to go to the gym with me and hold my hand then I could do it". fuck off dude if you really want it you go on your own and if you really want someone to be along for the ride you can even find them at your local gym there are a bunch of fat losers that want to get in shape (or like you pretend to want it and lie to themselves).

bottom line if you want it go get it and stop making excuses. if you make excuses you dont want it bad enough.
>>
This seems like a good thread for shitty beginner questions.

I'm a pretty skinnyfat guy trying to actually get fit. I've taken up the couch to 5k program and went for my first run on Tuesday. After about 7 minutes of brisk walking (albeit on an incline) and 2 of jogging in total (of the 30) I started to feel pretty drastically ill. My vision got all messy, I felt like I was going to vomit, headaches and I felt like I was going to pass out. Along with just being far too short on breath for 2 minutes of jogging. But I was expecting that part. Aside from the shortness of breath this shit lasted all day and the headaches lasted into the next.

Did I do something wrong or is there something wrong with me I need to get checked out? I've always had trouble with cardio and long distance type things ever since puberty, even when I was actually fit. And, having never actively pursued fitness before, I don't know if this is quite normal. Though I'm prepared to admit that I may just be that unfit, I'm obviously worried about this shit happening again so I'd like to check before I go on my next jog.

Am I not eating enough? Not breathing right? Going too fast too soon? Or should I just check with my doctor?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.