[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>uni ramping up >took on too many things i now hate >cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 14
File: 1424650309486.jpg (16 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
1424650309486.jpg
16 KB, 400x449
>uni ramping up
>took on too many things i now hate
>cant lift some days
>can feel my gains slipping away

where my uni bros at? what's your major(s), how do you do it?
>>
>>36501204
Engineering Physics

I missed all of sophomore year, and fall of junior year because I was so busy that I didn't have enough time on a regular basis to go to the gym. I'm still super busy, and have really hard classes, but I'm making time to go 3 times a week. Having a workout buddy helps a ton because they expect you there, and it makes the gym way less boring.
>>
>>36501405
>>36501204
You two are massive pussies. It takes literally one hour three times a week to go to the gym, there is absolutely no way you don't have three hours a week to spare.

If people doing PhD's have the time so do you doing your gay ass engineering degree
>>
>>36501405
>>36501204
Feel you guys. I'm an Electrical Engineering major at a pretty gud school and I took too much shit on last semester and do marching band in the falls, which makes it even harder to get to the gym.
>>
>>36501204

Weak excuse.

I'm doing Biomed and have mates who are doing Mech Engineering, Law and one who's getting his masters in Mathematics. We all still train multiple times a week. Unless you're LITERALLY doing uni work from the minute you wake up to the minute you go to bed every day, you're lying to yourself.
>>
>>36501405
Woah, another eng phys. What school do you go to? Also ditto about the workout buddy, but I also tend to prefer to go by myself. It's a nice way to relax after class.
>>
>>36501204

I'm doing my physics degree and I manage to keep my workout schedule stable. Quit being a pussy and wake up one hour earlier. Also have some time to cool off. You don't have to study every hour of the day.
>>
>>36501712
UConn. You?
>>
>Marketing
One more year left, i lift on days i'm not at school, so i lift 5 days a week and my two rest days are when i'm at uni and working 40 hours a week, pretty easy desu
>>
op here, decided to go for a double degree because I couldnt choose what I wanted to do initially. Have assignment due every day, and with exams on top of that I have basically zero time if I want to finish everything

biochem / physics
>>
>>36501204
I feel you bro. Getting my MS in Nutritional Sciences right now. Part time job and a more needy GF are slaying away at my gym time. Went from either doing strength/cardio for 6 days a week to maybe 2-4 depending on the week. Doesn't help that I live with two fucking 20 y/o who don't know how to do shit so I manage the apartment (rent, utilities & cleaning). I will get a lot more time to lift during the summer when I move out, have less class and my job gets a little easier.
Keep your head up, train as much as you can. Things will eventually die back down
>>
>>36501204

Electrical Engineering.

I wake up at 5:30 so I can lift before my first class. It sucks and I'm tired but I do it anyway cause I really want to make it.
>>
>>36501204
Industrial engineering just go late at night
>>
Double Major
Biology and Computer Science Eng and I work.

So if you want to bitch about no free time... go fuck yourself
>>
File: HRmQ9FT.jpg (89 KB, 644x781) Image search: [Google]
HRmQ9FT.jpg
89 KB, 644x781
>just spent 3 weeks in China
>I was there on business running on 6 hours sleep a day
>no time for gym even though I brought bands with me thinking I could sneak in a workout when i could
>now back in Australia
>have to catch up on 3 weeks worth of work and now do assignments
>So many weeks of no gains and more to come

Fucking hold me fit, full time career work and uni is very very hard
>>
how do you guys sleep enough between classes eating and work?

do you just not? if not, how do you wake up on time? if i dont get enough sleep i just wont wake up no matter how many alarms i set
>>
>>36501872
Mate I run on modafinil
>>36501855
I am that fag

50 hour weeks + full course load of work.
>>
>>36501872
5 hour energy. I haven't slept more than six hours in two years I think
>>
>>36501872
I sleep during class
>>
>>36501633
Three hours a week is a shit ton you dumb fucking nigger!
REEEE

Try not sleeping, stressing all the fucking time. Just because you had it easy doesn't mean we all did.
> Liberal arts majors
> Bio majors
> Kines majors
I hate you all so fucking much

Oh you bring PhD's in? Let me fucking tell you about this one friend of mine who got his PhD just last year.

> Took his sweet ass time (6 years)
> first 4 he did fuck all
> travel the world on Uni's buck under the guise of going to conferences
> trained in a swimming team
> leisure and pleasure
>>
File: hilare.jpg (76 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
hilare.jpg
76 KB, 720x720
>>36501204
>Business major
>Join a fraternity
>Join ROTC
>Business classes are all easy as fuck thanks to Fraternity test banks and notes
>ROTC rewards me for working out (Physical Fitness Test) and my business classes (GPA)
>Always see fraternity brothers at the gym
>Infinite free spots and gym bros
>Literally getting paid to workout 3 times a week and do fun Army shit
>Bitches love seeing in my uniform and are always excited when I tell them what Fraternity I'm in
Damn, /fit/, maybe if you stopped the anti-military, anti-greek circlejerking you'd realize that these are paths to lifelong physical and happiness gains
>>
>>36501872
Cycle between caffeine, caffeine with 1,3 DMAA (when it isn't enough alone) and then finally a rest period which fucking blows. Sleep inbetween classes, shifts even if its 30 minutes. One dude I know either find a darker corner of the library or bench (weather permitting) and just naps there.
>>
>>36501954
hey its someone that isn't in the military discussing how great the military is

neat
>>
>>36501954
Tell me more.
>>
>>36501950
if u so mad why dont u do the same faggot???
youre acting like youre forced to go to school.
>>
>>36501204

3 days, full body.

Squats or deadlifts
Bench or ohp
Chinups
Ohp or bench
Rows
Any 2-3 accessories you want

Thank me later.
>>
>>36501750
Queen's U in Ontario. We have a really nice gym here, I feel bad that I'm not taking more advantage of it.
>>
>>36501967
>What is SMP
>Been to BCT and AIT
>Get paid E5
>Treated as if I'm an officer
Stay mad, private.
>>
>>36501204

Sophomore computer science major with math minor here. I still have time to work out 5+ times per week and party while maintaining nearly straight As. I'm guessing those of you that think they don't have time for lifting aren't spending their time efficiently, IE shitposting on /fit/ for hours on end
>>
>>36502137

damn bro u been 2 basic? did u have to kill ur friends?
>>
>>36502321
>compsci

in other words, basically the easiest major if youre already naturally gifted at it. I'm guessing you're pretty fucking smart and already good at what you do
>>
>>36501633
It's not always not having time, but feeling exhausted after working out to the point where you still need to study but feel like you're about to pass out
>>
>>36502361
Yes hes a mareen
>>
>>36501954
>military
>frat
you really doubled down on the faggotry didn't you
>>
>>36501405

How many hours you study?

I'm just asking cos I can manage about 8 hours a day and still have time to workout and shit.

So I imagine you must be doing a lot more?
>>
>>36502024
Then start, brethren. EP is hard, and it sucks a lot of the time, and on top of that, it's harder to market to employers. But you can find an hour or two, three times a week if you're dedicated to improving yourself. And when you get so busy that every hour is full, then you can skip, but just for that day.
>>
>>36502466
Listen hippie, I don't fucking lecture you about smoking pot or talking about bernie sanders. I don't need to listen to you talk shit on me living life as an alpha and a badass, serving my country and fuckin sorostitutes at the same time.
>>
>>36502361

top kek
>>
>>36501204
Excuses
You'll never make it son
>>
>>36501204
>tfw 6 day split but 2 huge all year projects

Just dont think of your split as contained within the week, take rest days when you need to for school work and continue the next day as if you hadnt taken one
>>
>>36501204
Biology

I do it through good time management and personal responsibility
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 970x1502) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 970x1502
>>36502503
Holy shit you REKT that faggot
>>
>>36502503
>alpha badass
>undergrad
wew lads
>>
File: Pasta_making.jpg (254 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Pasta_making.jpg
254 KB, 900x675
>>36502503
>>
>>36502622
You're grasping at straws
>>
>comp E major
>realize after 2 years I fucking hate this major and am not inerested in anything but lifting weights, eating, and the vidya.

I skip so many classes and put in such minimal effort but I'm still passing with C's and B's, I really don't know what to do at this point. I do not give a single fuck about any class and just want to PR on my squat/diddy/bench then go home, eat, and play some games to chill.

I did really good the first year but this semester has been fucking horrible.
>>
>>36501204
Premed here, got my ass kicked by grades (3.4gpa) but I gained 14 lbs and lost 6% this quarter (160 to 174 6'4 bf went from 17.5 to 11.4
>>
>>36501633
It takes me closer to 2 hours due to how crowded my gym is. It's currently deserted due to spring break and I couldn't be happier.
>>
>>36502657
you're grasping at my hot dick in your ass you slut, you'd better get used to calling me daddy because these cummies aren't gonna eat themselves
>>
Double major in environmental science and chemistry. I'm planning on changing chem to bio though because I don't actually enjoy chemistry. I make enough time to lift by having practically no life outside of studying and working out. Makin it.
>>
File: George-W-Bush.jpg (257 KB, 1209x1600) Image search: [Google]
George-W-Bush.jpg
257 KB, 1209x1600
>environmental engineering
>work ~20 hours a week
>dropped from 15 hours to 9 hours this semester bc depressed
>spend free time smoking weed instead of studying
>still hit the gym 3-4 times a week
Am i making it brahs?
>>
>>36501954
let me guess, texas a&m right?
>>
>>36502762
>Environmental engineering bro

Rock on dude
>>
>>36501954
>>36502466
>>36502809

texas A&M fraternity member checking in

chill bill
>>
>>36502762
>>36502842
>environmental anything bros
nice senpai
>>
>>36502487
Lots of studying/homework, as well as more than a handful of extracurriculars often kept me busy for the entirety of my free time. I've squeezed lifting back into my schedule this semester, though, and have made back the progress I lost
>>
>>36502888
Which outfit faggot?
>>
>>36501204
Civil Engineering.

To be honest, a lot of the times I don't lift. It's been real fucking hard. Things are calming down A LOT since this is my last semester which is nice.

One thing I like to do is when walking to class there's a pullup and dip bar. When going past them sometimes I'll do pullups or dips really quick if I'm not running late. The backpack adds extra weight too so that's nice. It's helped keep me from not turning into a gelatonous blob or a *complete* skelly
>>
>>36502910
Not in the corps faggot, different guy. I have lots of friends in the corps though

I swear to god if you're in deke or ato or theta chi those are gay fucking fraternities
>>
Mechatronics engineering here

I don't get you guys, and most people in engineering degrees in general. I have so much free time. I don't ussually go to class, but even if I did is still have atleast 5 hours of free time a day. I'm not really smart either, hitting average with respect to the rest of the class almost always. This shit's overrated
>>
>>36502927
You probably got lucky and didn't run into the autists I had to deal with for 4 fucking years. To be honest it is somewhat my fault too because I am naturally very lazy. But still I do my shit and this was just way too much
>>
>>36502927
That's how I felt freshman year, but shit starts to get really hard by sophomore year in my major. I don't know what mechatronics engineering even studies, though
>>
>>36502926
so sig ep then? i have a friend in it over there
>>
>>36502924
I'm doing civil eng and I find time to lift. How many units you doing friend
>>
Law school bro here. This happens to me literally every semester. I don't do shit all semester except lift, then when it's approaching about 3 weeks till finals, I go full blown study mode and don't lift and eat like shit. Usually lose about 15 pounds.

Begin lifting again after last final, gain it back pretty quick, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>36502950
Nah fiji
>>
>>36502927
Out of curiosity, what is mechatronics? How is it different from mechanical engineering?
>>
>>36502943
I'm honestly starting to think my uni is soft or I'm getting lucky with profs or something
>>36502948
In my last year
>>
>>36502955
Right now for the most part I have time. Doing 8 credits since it's my last semester.

It's not about the amount of credits though, it's about the classes themselves.
For instance, one of my classes is senior design. TWO fucking credit class
During some weeks it eats up literally at least 15-20 hours of my time.

It's fucking stupid.
Last semester one of my classes was so bad that even though I was working my ass off, every day I was haunted by thoughts that I wasn't going to pass and couldn't graduate this year. I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

Once I graduate I'm complaining about that fucker to the department. Horrible stuff.
>>
File: 1452987228585.jpg (582 KB, 1024x1280) Image search: [Google]
1452987228585.jpg
582 KB, 1024x1280
Mechanical engineer here

I gotta tell you man, I took six years to graduate, and being honest with myself, it was lack of time management. Watching TV when you should be studying, sleeping over at your girl's place before important stuff is due, etc. The "I'll do it tomorrow" attitude. I eventually got it figured out, and now I'm doing well in grad school, but my undergrad GPA took a huge beating because I was too dumb to figure it out.

It's very simple: lift when you should be lifting, study when you should be studying, adjust rarely, but accordingly. If you're anything like me, making studying a habit, just like lifting, will really help you out.

Best of luck bro! I graduated with a 2.5 and my first semester in grad just came back a 3.9. If I can do it, so can you!
>>
>>36501688
> ...from the minute you wake up and go to bed every day.
Never understood how people couldn't find at LEAST 45 minutes a day to at least do the essentials
>>
>>36502959
Difference is there is more electrical/computer work involved. Robotics, electromechanical devices, ect
>>
File: not this feel.png (197 KB, 300x410) Image search: [Google]
not this feel.png
197 KB, 300x410
>tfw people have hard major threads
history (and apparently not even a responsible history major because i can't honestly say i know anything in particular about history)

stayed in the gym all four years
graduated and got a whatever job as an editor for a couple local publications where i moved
don't miss workouts save for injury or sickness

god bless you guys, regardless of stats you're stronger than i am. coasting in life so i can grind like a maniac under the weights feels good as fuck though.
>>
>>36503030
That's ok, education has inherent value. It made you a more valuable citizen.
>>
I failed out of my university, went back to community college and fixed my shit up right. Started lifting again cause I stopped in Uni after I got hazed into my fraternity and started drinking a shit ton of beer. Whatever. Transferring to a better school in 2 semesters, life's good, gains are good. Finance major.
>>
Is nuclear engineering a good major choice I have no prior experience
>>
Honest to goodness, why do you guys choose to do these rough majors?

I'm majoring in Finance in 3 months. I don't have classes on Fridays, and I study roughly 2 hours per test (4 hours per class). Graduating with a 3.7 and I've already signed a 80k job offer.

Like for what purpose would you study 20 hrs/week for literally the same payout on the first year out of college? Inb4 everyone suddenly becomes a nuclear physicist kek
>>
>>36503125
Finance sounds boring as fuck. I'm studying with the goal of leading environmental restoration projects, which is something I would do for free as a hobby in the first place.
>>
I study mech engineering, gym 3x a week, play rugby including training 2x a week, have a job and am looking to play rugby for another team. How in the fuck are you pussys whinging about not having time?
>>
>>36502958
fiji is the gay frat at my school
get rekt
>>
Anthropology honours major, archaeology minor. Taking 7 courses atm and I think I'm probably going to die from sleep deprivation. I still get exercise but actual proper lifting is only regularly on Sundays as of late, with an hour or so every other day. Can't wait until summer to get back into lifting properly 6 days a week. My back is rekt from tiny desks so that's really been an impediment too.

>>36503174
Kek, Fiji is pretty gay at my uni, though in a closeted, try too hard way. My girlfriend is an A Phi, they're pretty close at my uni.

>>36503125
I'm not doing my studies for financial reasons, I'm doing it to grow as a person and study what I'm interested in. When I graduate I'm helping my dad with his dream of opening a wine importing business.

>>36503030
Don't fall for the meme that college degree=career. Education makes you a more developed, thoughtful person and a contributor to a more intelligent community at large.

>>36501954
I love the anti-Greek circlejerk because it's abundantly clear that the posters have formed their opinions based solely on movies and liberal newsmedia.

>>36501872
I sleep on the bus, in breaks between lectures, and rely on silly amounts of coffee. I get ~4 hours sleep most nights, but I'm working on it.
>>
File: RustlingToDeep.jpg (71 KB, 596x496) Image search: [Google]
RustlingToDeep.jpg
71 KB, 596x496
Geology/geophysics

It honestly feels im the only one that works out in my major. My past professors see me and say things like, "There is going to be a lot of minerals in your life," or "remember when youre out in the field." I havent told anyone that I know from the department that once Im done getting my degree Im going to become a cop to be in SWAT. Education is a meme
>>
>>36503330
This desu

I'm in school for anthro but I really want to be a fed
>>
>>36501892
hey i've been meaning to ask someone who uses it, but is modafinil good? does it do what it's supposed to, without a shitton of negative side effects? i've been casually considering trying to get a prescription for it for a while, it seems legit. a user's advice would be pretty sweet.
>>
>>36501204
Finishing up my last semester. Dual majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering. I'm pretty new to lifting, and I want to lift more, but the occasional all-nighter is eating away at me. I have the time after an all-nighter, but my body is completely destroyed and I need to rest another day.

I still manage to go 3 times a week, though
>>
How to even into academics? I'm 24 and I have zero fucking clue and no real direction in life other than wanting to be a PT. Send help.i
>>
Electro engineering with a double bachelors in computer science. I get up at 4:30 3 times a week and go before school starts. Sucks ass and i hate my life and contemplating quitting and becoming a skibum in the alps. But im sticking this through, only 1 more year until im done with the computer science. I bought a coffe maker that has a timer so i always wake up to the smell and sound of fresh coffe, helps alot.
>>
File: 1425778948416.jpg (174 KB, 1001x823) Image search: [Google]
1425778948416.jpg
174 KB, 1001x823
>double major in bio and physics
>every semester until i graduate is 2-3 labs, 18-19 credits total
>dont even like bio anymore
>have a 3.7, think it might drop this semester
>want to get a PhD in physics but dont know if i'm smart enough, which is the only reason I kept bio

>planning on dropping bio next semester
>will have an easy last two years, might pick up a compsci minor because i like it
>going to be able to lift and study what i love until it's over, fuck the fear about grad school

we're all gonna make it bros. Don't give up
>>
grad school bros, what was your gpa when you applied/what did you apply for/where did you apply from?

is a 3.6 good enough to get into physics grad school somewhere?
>>
Looks like I'm the only Economics major here, that's a respectable degree right? Despite being under "liberal arts"
>>
>>36503456
Late reply sorry.

It honestly is good. I spend roughly 5 days on it, 2 days off then a break to avoid tolerance

You can easily find more detailed explanations online on what it was created for, what it does but what we REALLY use it for which are the "side effects".

I have experienced only one bad thing about this which I will go into later, my friend who also takes it says he gets headaches but are easily taken care of by a panadole which he just takes at the same time.

I'll tell you what I have experienced with it.
Able to stay awake for 8 hours without a crash (Feeling tired at 2-3pm?) in alertness all day being able to devote my full attention to whatever task I set myself to.

If I take 2-3 I can EASILY stay awake for 1-2 days which I have done a couple times but obviously you physically feel like hell (My heart was POUNDING).

Negative effect was your brain being unable to shut off at all due to chemicals doing what it was originally designed to do which was to help those suffering from narcolepticy from falling asleep. So, if you try and sleep while on the pill you will literally just be unable to sleep no matter what you do, your brain will not shut down.

But this is easily worked around by taking the correct dosage in the morning so it's effects are done by the evening.

Example typical day
>5am wake up
>Breakfast, shower, pop 200mg pill
>Work at 6am
>Working very productively till mid day
>Lunch and get a but of my university work done by starting a report
>Back to work without hittign the mid day crash or desire for coffee
>Have not even felt like procrastinating or taking my mind off my task
>4pm time and I go home
>5pm, dinner take dogs for work
>6pm get another good hour or two of university work done. Effects worn off around now
>9pm hit the gym if I can spare the time
>10:30pmish bed time

I am actually ordering more on line right now. No script required. 10/10 would recommend
>>
>>36501688
same biomed/mech engi and 2 jobs, and I still have time for the gym
>>
>>36503964
if you are elite and smashing your cohort then yes, otherwise no.
>>
>>36504088
when the fuck do you go to university famigliari
>>
>>36504232
Online course in Construction Project management buddo in Australia at University of Newcastle.

1 year left and I have already worked my way from a construction administrator, a junior quantity surveyor and now in a years time I have been assured I will move onto a Junior Project Manager role once I have my building licence and degree.

I am currently making only $29 an hour but I work 50-60 hour weeks so it is pretty sweet and the experience on the job is nearly directly transferable to my school work, so reading my lectures and tutorials is pretty much just confirming I am approaching my assignments right.
>>
>>36503091
What the fuck happened durng your hazing that made you drink man?
>>
>>36504364
Hazing is just drinking a fuckton lol.
>>
>>36504402
Oh really? I was always led to believe it was some weird homo-erotic trial by fire
>>
>>36504313
>online course
>actual education

pick one
>>
>>36504428
Nah nobody actually does that shit. Unless you think being naked around a bunch of dudes is gay. Literally never touched a dick during hazing.

It's just drinking mostly. And I had to eat raw liver and a live goldfish. And they pretended to brand us. It's pretty easy shit, desu. Anyone who actually had a hard time with hazing is weak.

Mostly because how are they going to force you to do something you don't want to do? You just bail if you can't hack it
>>
>>36504446
What was the goldfish like?
>>
>>36504473
Pretty underwhelming. You just put it in your mouth, it wriggles around a little, then you swallow it. You can't feel it in your stomach or anything.

I guess if you were a moron and chewed it it would be gross, maybe
>>
>>36504473
Don't get me wrong some stuff was pretty gross. People got vomited on, pissed in someone's beer in secret, etc. But this was in a disgusting Frat basement, and you wear clothes you'll throw away when that stuff is supposed to happen. Getting vomited on sounds bad, but when you're already soaked in beer it's whatever. You just shower right after and it's all good.

Unless you're a pussy. Then you whine about how degrading it all is.
>>
>>36504523
In fairness though, if you have any self respect, it is pretty degrading.
>>
>>36504313
>uon
my nigga
>>
File: 1458643202418.jpg (83 KB, 353x325) Image search: [Google]
1458643202418.jpg
83 KB, 353x325
>>36501204
>Uni fulltime
>Only enough time to lift 3 days a week
>Work fulltime, study part time (CPA)
>Enough to lift four days a week and STILL have extra time to myself

wat
>>
>>36504601
Not really. Imo the only thing that is degrading is doing something you didn't choose to do.

All worth it, regardless. Best bros I ever had in my Frat. And Greek pussy is thick solid tight
>>
>>36501204
Do it first thing in the morning, wake up early if you have to. This is literally the only way I can work in lifting with other obligations
>inb4 muh sleep
Suck it up, it is better to lose an hour of sleep than an hour of lifting
>>
File: SolInvictus.png (67 KB, 1157x935) Image search: [Google]
SolInvictus.png
67 KB, 1157x935
>>36502577
>>36502612
>>36502657

Threadly reminder that Sol Invictus is a shitposter that doesn't lift.
>>
>>36502974
ayy im also on my last semester.. in 4 months im going to be jobless like all the other sick cuntz
>>
>>36501204
Physics bachelor here.
Only the weeks before the finals keep me away from lifting but I get to train 4 times a week easily. Especially on weekend I have plenty time
>>
>>36504662
Also I am having a 44h week just when visiting lectures, doing homework and working 9h in the library. And I still train 4x a week
>>
>>36501950
if you have time to shitpost
you have time to come up with a bodyweight/resistance band routine that works for your schedule
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGCB6Mii0bc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWU6zoVIOg
>>
>>36501872
Espresso and adderall, but I'm kind of a little bitch about getting a lot of sleep, too.
>>
>>36501872
i sleep around 5 hours a night, not because i want to, because i have to

i put my phone on the other side of the room or in a really hard to reach place so that i have to do some physical activity to turn the alarm off

physics major, we evaluated the amount that they expect us to study outside of lectures on our course and if you slept 6 hours a night you'd only have 4 hours of free time per week

life is hell
>>
>>36503174
Fiji is pretty gay at my school as well. There are a few fraternities that are more gay, but Fiji is the epitome of meh; a true "C-" fraternity.
>>
>>36504622
I'm not saying you didnt do the right thing, or that I wouldn't do the same. But being vomited, drinking somebody else's piss or eating live animals because somebody else told you to is degrading. In this case the reward just outweighed the degradation
>>
>>36504443
Alright grandpa back to your community college and writing everything on paper.
>>
>>36505142
Hahaha, I will write everything on paper, in my actual, existent university.

Have fun graduating by e-mail, pleb!
>>
>>36505198
Haha nice man so cool

Have fun going physically to your university. I'd say I would join you but I am busy earning over 80k before I even graduate.

I better remind everyone at my tier 1 construction company that I am watching recorded lectures while I am working encase they forgot at the first job interview.

Nice meme tho real epic
>>
>>36505304
80k at 60hrs/wk in Australian "money" isn't impressive, buddy. Even if it is before you "graduate".

But good for you for trying. I think that's really great, buddy.
>>
>>36501750
Hey bro! I work at a local gym near Uconn. We get a lot of students because the gym there is always packed, we're about 10 minutes away from campus. Won't mention specifics but we aren't cardio express. We have olympic plates, power racks, platforms, dumbbells to 120 etc.
>>
File: 1452331447695.jpg (304 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1452331447695.jpg
304 KB, 960x960
>>36505345
>>
2nd year mech. engineering and I sleep in every day and do nothing over weekends. Not sure if I got meme'd thinking there would be no free time.
>>
>>36503289
idk man, the frats at my school get pretty bad. I've been here for 2 years and in that time one frat was totally disbanded and at least one is being "investigated" like every semester.
>>
>>36503884
After this semester every single class I take has a lab component. Fortunately a couple are optional. So I'm looking at 4-5 labs for the next 4 semesters. woo
>>
>>36501204
I'm almost done with a science PhD and I'm fit as fuck

i have no sympathy for university bitches. it's literally EZ mode.
>>
>>36503915
just remember that only ~1000 people graduate in the US each year with a physics phd
>>
>>36507520
that's why you choose another field and incorporate physics when necessary

relying on physics or math for a phd is gambling
>>
File: image.png (651 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
651 KB, 1136x640
>>36501405
Dang. I'm engineering physics at UIUC. I got lucky though and came in with like 50 credits and don't have to take any gen eds so I can take it easy mode and graduate in three years.
>tfw you have at least two hours of free time every single day
>>
>>36503125
I'm in physics. Not necessarily nuclear, but still deciding. I choose what is seen as one of the harder majors because I honestly enjoy learning how the universe works and I think with hard work I could actually add to that knowledge. I do lose track of that vision sometimes though, which is why I am posting here instead of studying something interesting.
>>
>>36507180
Maybe I'm just biased, frats at UBC are very carefully watched.
>>
How the hell are all you guys in STEM

First year in psychology and next year doing compsci because psych has the worst job prospects ever. Luckily in Europe so it won't cost me a lot
>>
>>36504313
not that fagget, i'm the original person who asked. thanks for all the info i never expected you to answer so late or say so much. thanks m8. i looked into getting some and everything said i need a script, you got any links or recomendations for who to buy it from? might just try some out.
>>
>>36501204
I'm a second year physicist at Oxford.
I've been told second year is the hardest of the four.
Physics is known to be one of the hardest and most intense degrees.
Oxford is one of the most challenging universities in the world, plus our terms are ridiculously short so the work is dense af.
I still manage to lift 3/4 times a week, mostly by waking up early to go before lectures, but I manage it.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.