[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make your oats? What type do you use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1363819643813.jpg (1 MB, 1170x1182) Image search: [Google]
1363819643813.jpg
1 MB, 1170x1182
How do you make your oats? What type do you use?
>>
>>36500740
quaker oat with a lil bit of brown sugar on it

Add some cut up bananas and peanut butter for flavor

They're oats anon. There's not much to talk about them
>>
>>36500740
I eat them dry

Sometimes I just eat them like cereal
>>
>>36500755
I'll try this tomorrow morning.
Thank you anon
>>
>>36500755
Steel cut? What type are your favorite?

I'm new to this and want to try good things.
>>
Oats, a cup of milk and a scoop of chocolate protein mixed in. Delicious brown slop.
>>
>>36500788
How do you cook them
>>
>>36500740

I buy flavored oat powder, mixes right in with whey and takes 2 minutes. Also, its the same price or cheaper than regular oats.
>>
>>36500781
yeah steal cut. It's easy man, just boil some water and add them to your oats...or microwave it with a paper plate over your bowl.

I've even added peanut butter with coffee grounds to it once. Was about a 7/10 since I didn't have time to boil coffee that morning.

Instructions should be on there...need me to hold your hand while you make them?
>>
>>36500740
Out the container first thing in the morning.

2x cups of old fashioned oats. Pour into a bowl and add a lot of water to get them soggy.

2x Bananas with cinnamon sprinkled on top.

2x tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter, sometimes more.

Eat while listening to podcasts before work.

If I am in a hurry, I put that all in the blender with a scoop of vegetable or beef proton with a lot of water and ice.
>>
I always jazz them up with dollop of maple syrup, maybe some fresh fruit in season
>>
You guys are making oats wrong.

The best way (extremely cost efficient, extremely effort efficient, extremely healthy) is to cook them in a thermos overnight so you don't have to prepare anything in the morning.

Keep a 2:1 ratio of liquid to oats, and make sure there's room in the thermos for the oats to expand.

Boil the milk (I put a glass of 2 cups of whole milk in the microwave for 4 minutes) and measure out the steel-cut or whole oats (steel-cut are fine, I like whole oats but they're harder to find)

Pour the oats into the thermos, and then the boiling milk, shake it up, and keep the thermos upside-down overnight. If you don't have the thermos upside-down, the oats will stick to the bottom, instead of the top, and it will be harder to get the oats out. In the morning, scoop the oats out into a bowl, and if there's some oats left that aren't within reach of a spoon, put the cap back on, and shake the thermos upside-down; the oats will collect at the top of the thermos.

You will have fantastic oats that are still warm, still retain their fiber (unlike the rest of the shit people often say they eat on this board), and are impossible to overcook.

Feel free to add other stuff to the mix; I like to add shredded coconut to get some plant-based fat in my breakfast, and I'm thinking of adding flax seeds soon to diversify my diet and get some extra fiber.

This method works with all sorts of different grains. I tried quinoa, and it works, but quinoa is so sticky it's a nuisance to handle, and I hate the taste of quinoa.

I used to cook oatmeal in a pot for 30 minutes every morning, but that was much more effort, and the oatmeal would stick to the pot, which was a pain to clean. Not to mention that the energy cost of 4 minutes of microwaving is far lower than 30 minutes of stovetop gas usage.
>>
>>36501904
Bruh all you have to do is put oats and your preferred liquid in a sealed container and leave it in the fridge overnight. Perfect oats.
>>
I buy a lot of different instant oat packages with different flavors from banana bread, maple brown sugar, banana walnut, apple cinnamon, etc.

I then add either steel cut or rolled oats on top of that (usually only 20g), let them soak in water and then cook.

while that's cooking I make a peanut butter paste from PB2 (i switch between normal and chocolate), and throw that on top the cooked oats and take a little bit with each spoonfull of oats.

one bowl of that is about 360 calories.

Once I start bulking I'm going to get a lot more serious with it. I fucking love oats so goddamn much
>>
>>36501149

sounds like me man.

I wake up early so I can enjoy my oats and either read the news, listen to some NPR, study, or watch a rugby game.

Love cozy quiet mornings with a bowl of oats.

My only issue is i inhale the fucking bowl in a heartbeat and can't enjoy it with my coffee.
>>
>>36500740
currently on a cut so
>1/2 cup old fashioned oats
>water until starting to float most of the oats
>microwave 1min
>1/2cup greek yogurt
>maybe 1/3 cup blueberries
>on workout days increase to 1 cup oats and 1 cup yogurt
>>
File: 1458782683138.jpg (75 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1458782683138.jpg
75 KB, 640x1136
Cheap instant Broats Bra I boil them with a handfull of cinnamon some banana and honey BREH
>>
microwave in milk add butter salt honey to taste
>>
Put in a blender with berries, banana, milk, whey and two eggs.
>>
i blend them now a days because cooking them takes too much time in the morning.

Oats, sesame and Poppy seeds, blueberries, maybe peanut butter with almond milk
>>
>>36500740
Peanut butter
Honeys

Mash that shit up fambo
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.