[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any risk in eating 16 eggs/day?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: latest.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
Any risk in eating 16 eggs/day?
>>
Cholesterol

/Thread
>>
>>36500049
>16 eggs a day

Surely you must be yolking?
>>
>>36500058
which doesn't matter for shit since it's not the bad kind
>>
Yes, albumin in eggs will bind to the vitamin Biotin(an essential B vitamin) preventing it from being absorbed and used, and then your hair will fall out and fuck up some other shit too.
>>
>>36500088
>>36500088
god damnit i fuckin love eggs doe
>>
What kind of eggs are they? Chickens?
>>
>>36500106
well eat eggs then, just dont eat FUCKING 16 EGGS PER DAY. seriously, why
>>
>>36500140
8 eggs in my breakfast frittata and 8 eggs in my supper frittata
>>
>>36500140
>>36500147
its just so cheap for eggs. i could use tomato paste instead but i prefer eggs....
>>
File: 1353988448107.jpg (15 KB, 348x313) Image search: [Google]
1353988448107.jpg
15 KB, 348x313
>>36500147
>>
cancer
>>
File: latest1.jpg (14 KB, 160x364) Image search: [Google]
latest1.jpg
14 KB, 160x364
>>36500170
>>
>>36500158
just get some other cheap proteins like canned tuna/salmon and frozen chicken. Also a few eggs scrambled and put into ramen is delicious also
>>
File: 9e4156e03b7630_full.jpg (126 KB, 577x432) Image search: [Google]
9e4156e03b7630_full.jpg
126 KB, 577x432
>>36500200
thanks nigga
>>
>>36500049
I mean if they're raw you got a chance at salmonella

not a huge one, but 16 a day is a lot of times to roll the dice
>>
>>36500200
Do you leave the water in and add the seasoning too? Or is it just like spaghetti noodles with a scrambled egg in it?
>>
>>36500058
>implying dietary cholesterol affects blood cholesterol levels at all

loving every laugh
>>
>>36500247
i make ramen just like normal, a moderate amount of broth and i use the included spice pack and vegetable pack(if your ramen doesnt include both stop eating fucking maruchan).

Option A is to just scramble some eggs and put them into it.

Option B is to do a sort of egg drop soup. Just break the egg directly into the ramen while the water is boiling and let it boil for a bit and the egg will cook.

Either way is delicious, also add some chicken or beef etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 400x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 400x326
>>36500435
Danke schoen
>>
I eat about 6-10eggs a day on average. With a tray of eggs costing only £1 it's amazing budget food.

Scramble it with different seasonings and combinations of flavours/peppers/sauces and you can't really get bored. My gf loves those eggs farts after breakfast too. It's a winwin.
>>
>>36500049
6 a day is safe, after that it starts getting dangerous
>>
>>36500593
I'm not op but I eat 8 eggs a day ;_;
>>
>>36500212
>>36500183
>>36500049
good taste in anime pham
anyway 16 is way too much but definitely eat a lot of them. i eat 4-5 on average daily
>>
Ok thanks faggots I'll keep eating 16 eggs till i start making more money.
>>
>>36500049
Sodium in the eggs combined (16) is the biggest problem and can't be avoided. It's already high in sodium and drinking/sweating water won't help
>>
File: miyako_eats_big.png (214 KB, 566x369) Image search: [Google]
miyako_eats_big.png
214 KB, 566x369
>>36500049
>he doesn't eat more eggs per day than a 16 year old high school girl
How can you even call yourself a man? Just fucking kill yourself.
>>
>I mean if they're raw you got a chance at salmonella

It's 2016, any "normal" eggs you buy in the store will have been pasteurized so you have zero chance of getting salmonella from eating them raw.

It's possible if you get some weird free range eggs or some crazy shit, they might not be pasteurized, so I wouldn't chance it with them unless they specifically say "pasteurized" on the carton.
>>
WHEN I WAS A LAD I ATE FOUR DOZEN EGGS EVERY MORNING TO HELP ME GET LAAAARGE
>>
too much animal protein gives kidney stones
>>
>>36500642
it's okay anon-kun, you're a big guy,justbe careful not to die
>>
You are going to fart like nobody's business. Egg farts are like protein farts on dbol and crack
>>
>>36500049
i ate a dozen eggs everyday during wrestling and rugby season. im still alive with a full head of hair and clear arteries.

fuck yeah bring on 16
>>
>>36500049
I'd say your main concern would be saturated fat intake. If you're eating 16 eggs a day, that's 52.8g of saturated fat a day, or 475kcal from sat fat. Several major health bodies including the WHO and WCRF recommend no more than 10% of daily energy coming from sat fat, so unless you're bulking and eating almost 5000kcal a day then you're getting too much saturated fat, which has a range of negative health implications supported by a large body of causative data. Plus, that's probably not your only source of sat fat throughout the day so you're eating even more than that in an average day. 2much m8.

Cholesterol could be an issue but I don't know enough about it to take a definitive stance. I believe they've been shown to raise HDL/good cholesterol slightly and LDL/bad cholesterol a tiny amount but these were only in studies where they ate less than 6 eggs a day. Total cholesterol shouldn't be too high so in theory, eating heaps of eggs every day could raise that to unsafe levels but I dunno mang, people still argue this point quite a bit.

Anything else you hear like >>36500088 is broscience and shouldn't be worried about.

But yeah, keep your eggs to under 8 I'd arbitrarily recommend.

>>36500254
It does though, some estimates account for about a 25% contribution from diet. Not gonna cite this shit but I almost have a bachelor's in nutrition and have read a lot more actual science than you probably have read bro science on /fit/
Will cite if people get butthurt enough
>>
>>36500818
Your arteries are supposed to be red not clear though.
>>
>>36500762
AND NOW THAT I'M GROWN I EAT FIVE DOZEN EGGS AND I'M ROUGHLY THE SIZE OF A BAAAAAARGE
>>
>>36500762
>>36500907
>>
>>36500049
Yeah.. getting mad gains
>>
>>36500852
I've read studies on people eating a dozen eggs in a day and having no negative side effects.

Eggs are really good for you, though, regardless.
>>
>>36500852
>scientifically verified and accepted claims
>"broscience"

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/vitamins-minerals/6-signs-of-biotin-deficiency.html
>>
>>36501491
Not that anon, but everyone knows you can't drop a .com in an argument about science. Drop some .gov or at least .org please.
>>
My understanding from eggs is that they have dietary cholesterol. They don't have the same effect on blood cholesterol as consuming trans fats. So as long as your blood work is good egg it up
>>
>>36501491
Yes, but biotin is in most foods and basically nobody is deficient. Also, cooking eggs makes the biotin more bioavailable and you'd need to be eating 12+ *raw* eggs a day for months-years to cause any potential damage and as far as I know, there are no documented cases of this occurring. The reason nobody has heard of biotin is because you don't need to worry about it, it's in so much food that only really people who are legitimately starving will develop deficiencies or people with fucked up genetics.
Hence why eggs having any tangible effect on biotin is broscience. Ya silly.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.