[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is recomp a meme? I've been cutting since early January,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160214_132623.jpg (4 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160214_132623.jpg
4 MB, 3120x4160
Is recomp a meme? I've been cutting since early January, down 20 pounds but I keep having more fat than I thought. A month ago I thought I was 15% bf and that I'd be 12% by now. Even though I've lost more fat, I'm just no realizing that NOW I'm 15% bf.

My bloodwork is low test (200ng/dl) but I was normal test (700ng/dl) before this cut. I'm eating 75g of fat a day. I can't get it up.

I'm fucking tired of cutting. Can I just go to maintenance and recomp?
>>
>>36498715
Take a month off and eat at maintenance, if you still can't get a boner then maybe see a doctor. Oh yeah and eat plenty of carbs, helps up leptin or something.
>>
>>36498765
Additional info senpai:
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/

Stay safe
>>
>>36498715

> A month ago I thought I was 15%
>thought

Found the problem. You got trolled into bulking when you were most likely at around 20-25% bf easy to begin with it.

You can only grow so much muscle natty, all the "sick gains" you got was just fat.

Keep doing what you are doing. From what I understand it seems to be working just fine, you just wrongly estimated your bf%.
>>
congrats on discovering that high carbs actually make your testosterone higher than high fat which is the opposite of what /fit/ believes
>>
>>36498906
Being in a caloric deficit for an extended period of time regardless of macros will make your test drop.
>>
>>36498765
Can I still even make slight fat loss and muscle gains on it? Or am I just normalizing my shit again

>>36498835
Thanks!

Do any of you guys have personal experience with recomps?

>>36498857
That's exactly what happened actually
>>
>>36498998
obviously but keeping carbs as high as possible helps
>>
>>36499035
You may make some gains, but you'd be mainly normalizing all your hormones again. I've no experience with recomp, from what I've read it's only useful for those verging on or sub 10% bf. Something about improved calorie partitioning when you're pretty lean.

Good news is though after a couple or more weeks of maintenance you should be feeling pretty fresh, also expect the scales to go up a bit due to water retention from carbs; this is only transient.

Lyle talks more about diet breaks in his book 'a guide to flexible dieting', it's not hard to find a torrent for it.
>>
>>36498715
i did a pretty successful recomp last summer from ~15% to ~10% bodyfat.

i did meal timing similar to intermittent fasting, renegade diet or this swedissh blog guys term for it.

basically no carbs till shortly before or after training. minimal breakfast of protein / fat stuff like eggs. greens anytime you want.
>>
>>36499170
Before and after pics? Stats? Congrats man
>>
>>36498715
>cutting since January
Try cutting for a year. I want to die but at the same time i'm dropping all these morbidly obese pounds.
>>
>>36499247
did it around 187 lbs, 6'2".
i used the photos somewhere else and don't want to be connected to fit, sorry mane
>>
>>36499372
Crop off your face
>>
>>36499372
Th-thanks.
I'd be embarrassed about us too.

;__;
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.