[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here with extreme perfectionism/OCD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: ocd.jpg (44 KB, 214x209) Image search: [Google]
ocd.jpg
44 KB, 214x209
> Obsess about following workout plans exactly, regardless of how I feel
> Tap fingers/toes in patterns (3 times then twice, then once, etc.)
> Always insist on practicing to perfection by myself (lifting, guitar, dance, piano), never feel good enough to practice with others
> Often turn car around convinced I left garage door open (it's always closed)
> Generally obsess over one topic at a time to the exclusion/detriment of others aspects of life

Anyone else get these OCD compulsions in the gym/life? Never been to a shrink, but pretty sure something's up. The only good thing about this is that I tend to get really good at things quickly, even though I'm too chickenshit to prove it in front of others.
>>
Also have trichotillomania (compulsively pluck chest and facial hair)

Shit, seeing all this written down looks bad. Pecs and arms lookin good though.
>>
>>36498431
I have OCD. It sucks balls. I tried getting help once but it wasn't very helpful. I might try again someday but I don't have health insurance so I'm out of luck.
>>
>>36498774
Do you find that it helps in any parts of your lift, e.g. lifting?

Are your symptoms similar? I'm wondering if I need to see someone or this is just weird shit everyone does.
>>
>>36498492
>>36498431
yea I know the feel op
>counting rituals
>freak out about forget to lock up before I leave
>obsess over one thing then another..then another..
>cant touch things with my left side without touching it with my right

what pisses me off the most is everyone see ocd as a joke cause they automatically think of OCPD which is just being essentially an anal organizer. 8 years of this shit building up and I know the difference.
>>
>>36498980
also it does effect my lifting in that I have to do each set 3 times..not more or less.
>>
>>36498980
Sounds like me. Are you self diagnosed, and what do you do to manage your impulses? I do things like when I catch myself tapping numerical patterns I'll randomly tap a few times to break the pattern and end the action.
>>
File: 1457807368094.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1457807368094.jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
I have it and it rough how if ya change your schedule it tends to fuck everything up vice versa when your on point you feel like a Greek god! Doing things same time in the day. OCD methodical everything from eating sleeping studying popping shit is unreal
>>
>>36499176
Hear that. My alarm clock has alarms for both waking up and going to sleep. Everything's gotta go according to plan.
>>
>>36499121
Also have ADHD with OCD. Do you have an addicting personality? I can get addicted easily on most things
>>
>>36499201
Does your mind just click when it is on schedule? Fuck its 5am no need alarm your mind just wakes ya up to a point to its just muscle memory to do things not even think about it
>>
>>36499238
I guess yeah, like when the alarm doesn't go off I'll stick wake up within minutes of the normal time.
>>
File: 1458684901372.jpg (19 KB, 432x403) Image search: [Google]
1458684901372.jpg
19 KB, 432x403
No one in my family understands my OCD and just calls it shit and that doesn't help me do well. Makes life more difficult
>>
>>36499265
Shit is crazy. I'm no psychological major but you think your brain has some clockwork to it ? Because that's exactly how I am
>>
>>36499206
Absolutely, that's the "obsessive" part for me. Video games, lifting, TV shows, whatever. I pick a subject and live and breathe it to the point of being a freak, then after a year or so it becomes something else, ad infinitum.
>>
I don't have anything like rituals that I need to do to relieve myself of anxiety so I don't know if what I have is OCD but from what I've read it definitely seems similar

It's been happening more in recent memory (although not for the past few days), but for example I'll have weird thoughts that will just repeat themselves. Like I saw a bottle of acetone and thought about drinking it, but the more I tried to stop thinking about it the more I thought about it. Or like how a different time I had a pocket knife near me and thought about cutting my throat to the point of me putting the knife in the back of my closet.

Usually when shit like this happens I have this sense of dread and remorse, like "why am I thinking about this shit", a good metaphor for it would be like playing operation where I'll have one of these thoughts and something inside me goes bzzzzz.

I've been thinking about talking to my therapist about it (currently seeing one for unrelated reasons) but since it hasn't come back for the past few days and seems to be cyclical I haven't yet. Besides I'm not even sure how I would broach the topic given that the thoughts are so fucked.
>>
>16 posts
>6 unique IP addresses
Holy shit guys. I have problems with placing things in the "right" place, touch or tapping things, walking a certain way, and other shit but goddamn. You don't have to validate that you're OCD on a mongolian educational bodyweight fitness blog
>>
>>36499121
yea i'm self diagnosed now, but I hoping in the future to get professionally diagnosed. I do something similar to break the action as well, unfortunately doesn't always work, I will try to find ways around my compulsions by thinking of easier ways to preform them, like tapping my foot down on the floor instead of stepping back and forth to finish the pattern.
>>
>>36499541
It's nice to know your not alone breh. Plus fitness correlates to health so not completely unrelated.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.