[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey fit, I have hip dysplasia and it makes running long distances,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1458454988833.png (427 KB, 514x662) Image search: [Google]
1458454988833.png
427 KB, 514x662
Hey fit, I have hip dysplasia and it makes running long distances, or even standing for long periods of time really painful. Are there any stretches or exercises I could do to help strengthen my hip and possibly alleviate the pain that I normally get? I'm starting to do leg extension exercises, and bicycling and both seem to help a bit. Any other tips? Thanks.
>>
>>36497661

>hip dysplasia

Are you a large dog?
>>
donkey kicks
>>
>>36497661
>leg extension and bicycling

What you are doing here is exercise, not training. You see, exercise is performed for the sake of the effect it produces on your body today. Training is the process of moving from one state of physical preparedness to another. The individual workouts that compose the elements of the process are important not in and of themselves, but because their cumulative effect accomplishes a specific definable physical goal. I suggest concentrating on 5 barbell lifts.
Specifically, these lifts are the squat, deadlift, press, bench press, and the power clean. Perform these lifts for 3 sets of 5, and each time you are in the gym, add 5lbs to each lift. You will also need a caloric surplus during your training, and I suggest drinking a large quantity of milk every day.
>>
>>36497661
form an addiction to painkillers
>>
>>36497706
Thanks for the actual response, I'll try these out. Really appreciate it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.