[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 227x222
How to deal with horrible self image and social anxiety?
I feel like I look like a freak.

>took about 10ug lsd for anxiety, depression and my horrible self image
>waiting for the bus to get to university
>two busses have crashed
>random qt 7,5/10 asian girl approaches me
>'are you also going to *uni name*
>'yes but they crusshed or sumting'
>slurr everything
>she ignores my horrible pronounciation
>say something
>she laughs
>well I guess I'll have to go by foot
>leave
>could have easily asked for her name, number or something

I'm really scared to talk to girls :(
I'm not white btw
>>
>>36495791
when will people from /fit/ notice that talking with another human being with boobs isn't somenthing out of the ordinary?
>>
>>36495791

Bad news: To beat crippling social anxiety you'll need to go out, talk to people, and be incredibility awkward with strangers.

Good news: It actually works and you'll eventually find that people are pretty forgiving

You're not missing something, you're social development was just delayed.
>>
>>36495791
Didn't a friend of this person get super butthurt about all the mocking photos despite the fact he does look like the proto-neckbeard.
>>
>>>/r9k/
>>
File: 1425519784058.png (2 KB, 178x207) Image search: [Google]
1425519784058.png
2 KB, 178x207
>>36495791

I tried taking some pictures of myself to pimp out my Tinder profile today. I found out that in most of them I kind of look like a cross between Josh Blaylock and Vladimir Putin.

Not the best look.
>>
>>36495931
I'm trying anon, I have a lot of male friends and I can make them easily...
>>
>>36495994

What are you telling me for? Do it for yourself and no one else
>>
>>36495986
g-get shirtless anon, well... It got me nudes, so why wouldnt you get the same
>>
>>36495791
You spend too much time in your head space, instead of your heart space

Meditate to clear your mind, eat healthy organic vegetables to clear your body
>>
>tfw I actually think I'm quite hot
>tfw I just don't think anyone else will
>>
>>36496035

i only have noobgains
>>
>>36496083
desu, you wont need a lot of mass, just a good low bf% and some nice shaped core and pecs, you can pretty much achieve it with some more training. Besides, this is pretty much how skinny fags on ottermode get chicks hyped. Abs anon, fucking abs.
>>
>act alpha around mates, they think I'm mysterious and stuff
>never had a gf

It's an abstract kind of feel
>>
>act alpha around friends
>never had a gf

It's an abstract kinda feel
>>
File: 1458506968557.gif (615 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
1458506968557.gif
615 KB, 141x141
>>36495791
to be very honest with you ma man you need to look up on how to get your testosterone up NATURALLY and then you just gotta talk to people. desu you can say the dumbest shit but in a confident way and it doesn't sound back.

simply look it improving your image
>>
>>36495791
Realize that it doesn't matter.
>horrible self image
Nobody cares. If someone actually cares enough, then they will be too polite too tell you that, unless you in school.
And even if not, you are /fit/, ffs. Just grab and squat them while constantly screaming "YOU T-TOO" until they realize mistake they made.
>social anxiety
Treat it like a extreme sport. You can make gains in gym, sure you can make gains in social situations.
>I feel like I look like a freak.
It's not your problem, if someone think that you look like a freak or don't like how your look or anything, they should take care of it themselves and run. Because if they say anything offensive to you, you gonna fucking deadlift them. You can even scream some memes from /fit/ to confuse them.

tl;dr don't think about you self image too much
>>
Life is pain :'(
>>
>>36496484
It's probably just DOMS, relax.
>>
Do 5xTalkToPeople reps every day
>>
Developa narcissistic self-ideal
Seriously

EVERYTHING you do wrong is based on the feeling that you are somehow worse than others
Just start thinking "I'm the shit" ALL THE TIME, no matter how silly it is
Eventually your behavior will change naturally
>>
>>36496022
You are not following his line of thinking. He is saying that having male friends is not a problem; his problem is getting nervous and awkward around pussy owners.
>>
Just realize that if you say something stupid, they won't give a single shit by the end of the day. They might tell their friends about this "weird" guy they met today, but 10 minutes later no one will care about you. Stop thinking you're the fucking center of the universe.
>>
>>36496164
>buddies think I get a ton of pussy and tell me I'm a chick magnet
>actually a virgin

I spent my youth indoors playing video games. I never learned how to flirt and shit. I don't have any problems talking to girls and asking for their numbers and stuff, but I have no fucking clue how to take it from there.
>>
File: harvin kiuas.png (290 KB, 347x427) Image search: [Google]
harvin kiuas.png
290 KB, 347x427
>>36496941
Make statements instead of asking questions. Don't ask if she shaves her pussy, say that she would be perfect if she shaved her pussy. The statements can be true or false, who gives a fuck, just pull them out of your ass. That will get her talking. Then just listen and at irregular intervals, nod like you really care about her monologue. She will vomit her whole life story on your lap and then say "wow, it feels like you know everything about me, like we've known each other forever, even though I know nothing about you" etc. After that, you say "let's go" and she will follow you to your place.

If nothing else, try to imagine that the boob animal is actually a dog that magically can talk. Then tease her like you would tease a dog. You know that trick where you pretend to throw the ball, but you just hide it behind your back and the dog still goes after it? Shit like that works for women, too. Or leaning in for a kiss and just as your lips are about to touch, you suddenly pull away.

I hope this helps at all.
>>
>>36497510
Cool tips thx
>>
I've started doing what the Tim Ferris approach

Practice being an idiot in public and trying to draw attention to yourself. The more you try to draw attention and be weird the more you realize nobody really gives a fuck.
>>
Unless you literally piss your fucking pants or try to rape her, you'll be forgotten 10 minutes later. So don't worry about being a spastic retard.
>>
>>36495791
I took 25ug the other week and took a math test
was pretty gr8
>>
>>36495791
lie to yourself that you're da shit
it works
>>
>>36497510
this is bait
>>
How do I stop guys raping my ass in the gym showers? I'm twink looking so it's very regular.
>>
>>36495881
It is for me
>>
File: harvin kiuas2.png (239 KB, 347x427) Image search: [Google]
harvin kiuas2.png
239 KB, 347x427
>>36498500
Explain.
>>
Meditate
>>
>>36495931
turns out you cnat really fix autism tho.
but nice try
>>
>>36496817
i think you are not following his line of thinking...
he is saying that its not just people with pussies, he has male friends that he ALSO makes uneasy sometimes.
>>
>>36497510
Or you could not be a fuckboi and actually care about what she says and interact/respond to her. Sure, if all you want is pussy, then go ahead and put all those winky faces in your text messages. You could also just pick up a prostitute and get the same end game with far less effort.

>Don't ask if she shaves her pussy, say that she would be perfect if she shaved her pussy.
Who fucking does this? Shallow people, anon. Shallow people.

I'm assuming you're looking for an actual gf or female friend, and any girl worth your time can smell fuckers like this guy from a mile away.

Nothing short of a actual two-sided conversation is going to get you the results you want. Is that easy? Maybe not. Is that the best path to success in acquiring female friends, and maybe, down the line, a gf worth your time? Fuck yeah, it is.
>>
So...... everyone is ignoring the acid involvement in this? Seriously?
>>
>>36498892

hallucinogens have been proven to help with depression, anxiety, and boost creativity when microdosed.

also, i made my own damn thread but didnt get any replies: what should my next audiobook be?

i need something to get me out of my shell again. i worked from home for the past 2 years and pretty much only left the house to go to the gym or grocery store. and now i need to actually get out and score me a qt gf IRL and i have to start talking to venue promoters and labels professionally too so i need help with both.
>>
File: suits_cast_harvey.jpg (445 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
suits_cast_harvey.jpg
445 KB, 1920x1080
>>36498851
>acquiring female friends, and maybe, down the line, a gf worth your time
>acquiring female friends

Are you one of those fucking losers who thinks that first you have to become friends with a woman and then you can become her BF? Yeah, doesn't happen that way.

And btw, you missed the point.

>Don't ask if she shaves her pussy, say that she would be perfect if she shaved her pussy

means that you shouldn't ask questions about anything. If what you are about to say ends with a question mark, shut the fuck up. Use statements. Don't ask where she went to school, say that she looks like she studied women's studies at Yale. Talking with a woman is not a fucking job interview.

2/5 responded
>>
>>36498364
Took 200ug before my programming test, it wasjsljoofewon;anld;;lf
>>
join a fraternity
>>
>>36495791
>took about 10ug lsd for anxiety, depression and my horrible self image
That sounds like a terrible idea.
>>
File: 1393678366189.jpg (95 KB, 630x421) Image search: [Google]
1393678366189.jpg
95 KB, 630x421
>>36495791
> asian girl
>above a 4/10

Nice bait
>>
Quit jacking your little micropenis for two weeks and also lift heavy, eat a lot, especially fats and get plenty of zinc creatine and vitamin D.
>>
>>36496065
I know this feel all too well.
>>
>>36499387
>paying for friends
>not just having a fratbro and going to his parties for free
>>
>>36496065
Same here
>>
>>36499091
How to Win Friends and Influence People is God-Tier if you haven't read that one already.
>>
>>36495949
probably, he's a poet after all, it'd make sense for him to have sensitive friends
>>
>>36500031
that book is terrible, it's essentially "bend over and take it and people will like you"

read "what every body is saying", "no more mr nice guy" and maybe "the 48 laws of power" but it's pretty edgy
>>
>>36500031

i have, it was kinda eh.

>>36500067

all three of those are edgy or just that last one?
>>
>>36495931
>>36495931
go out where? what reason would i have to talk to a stranger and why would they talk back?
>>
>>36500197
just the last one. it references history a lot and reads like some redpill shit with it's obsession with power and dominance.

i'd still say it's worth a read, just don't take it too seriously.
>>
>>36500234
plz respond
>>
>>36501270
Go to a movie theater and talk to random strangers about stuff like the weather and how large their penis or boobs are. U find much friends this way.
>>
>>36501270
Jesus christ. >>36495791
Is /fit/ really this pathetic? I just lurk for the tindr and sex advice threads. Have you guys really got such a problem with just talking to people? Imagine: they're not that different from you in their desires and hopes. If you think someone is interesting, even if it's just her gait or the way she looks onto the pavement she's treading, go for it! Grow some and have the courage to follow your instinct
Everyone appreciats bold moves- especially girls.
>>
>>36501356
are you saying they won't think:
>why is this ugly, awkward loser talking to me?
>>
>>36501386
If you're as charming as gregory peck you can look like jonah hill and get girls. Serious: charm is EVERYTHING as a guy. And you don't get more charming by self-pitying yourself
>>
>>36496906
Why do you faggets say stuff like this? Center is the universe? You make it sound like people with anxiety are narcissists.
>>
>>36501473
They are in a way cause they're so mal-adjusted
>>
>>36501270
For real, I also was an autismo like you and yes going out and talking to people, and don't things in general that make you socially uncomfortable, is a quick and easy cure for all your social insecurities.

I started by asking randoms at uni what time it was, where the x building was, stupid shit like that. They were always nice about it and sometimes would ask you questions like what are you studying and you could even have small, awkward conversations from there. Go to parties more, talk to people who aren't just your friends. Either be blunt about it and say 'hey man, what's up, I'm meeting people' or be a faggot and pretend you need to know something 'where do we keep our beer', 'so how do you fit in here (how do you know tony or whoever)' or some other bullshit.
Go to the freaking super market and ask the ladies where you tofu is. When you buy your whitening toothpaste, ask the shopping lady 'busy day today?'

Just bullshit with everyone and you'll build up a base level of confidence. You'll realise, the default state of other people is that they don't give a shit about you, and generally if you speak to them, they'll be nice to you and at least pretend to like you. You have to really fuck up badly for them to judge you negatively. Most people are cool af. Once you realise not everyone is constantly judging you and unless you really stand out, aren't noticing you at all, you can start to move on to better things. Actually talk to people about bullshit. Get into hobbies, ask them where they'd most want to visit, who gives a shit, just try making actual conversation. This is easiest at parties, if you have no friends, go to the bar/club by yourself. Get shitfaced if you have to as long as you don't become dependant. Talk to random qts, say you thought they were cute and you wanted to talk to them. 9/10 time they'll say 'aw thanks, that's so sweet'.

Just fucking talk to anyone and everyone ya nonga. Most people actually like being talked to. Go go
>>
>>36501486
No they aren't. If you are narcissistic you get positive feedback. Example: Person thinks everyone is watching him. Narcissistic person would think it's because he is "awesome" and it will benefit him. Socially anxious person will think it's because something is wrong with him. That's wheat I've been told by professionals.
>>
>>36495791
i was like you, then i saved 2000€, went travelling solo for several months in south east asia( started in thailand) and was cured almost completely.
>>
The feels bro..
I literally just left the gym, walking around the shopping centre with my DBOL pump bitches mirin left right and centre and all my head could do is think they are thinking horrible things about me, even though I know that's probably not the case..
>>
>>36501627

You truly are the best 4channer!
>>
>>36501473

Because most super awkward people assume we are as aware of them as they are of themselves when in reality no one gives a shit until you faggots start spilling spaghetti and even then 99% of the time we completely forget about it like 5 mins later because normal people don't spend their time obsessing over awkward interactions.
>>
File: 1458573320409.jpg (26 KB, 462x579) Image search: [Google]
1458573320409.jpg
26 KB, 462x579
Where the fuck do i meet a decent woman, idgaf if she was a whore as long as shes good looking, not trash and can cook or have some sort of skill besides sucking dick.

A golf course?
>>
>>36501653
thanks, i'm on a mission
>>
>>36501709
Tfw in college right now

Tfw i know if i dont find a girl here i probably wont find one anywhere

Tfw that feel when when tfw when feel that when tfw that

Tfw karrie wont love me

Fuck u, u fucking oversized girrafe cunt i love you so much.
>>
>>36501427
.. Gregory Peck?.. J Jonah who?

g-get off my board you youngins
>>
>>36501527
Except when you go out of your way to talk to people like /fit/ suggested and you end up having severe gagging reflexes at the end of the day –causing you to miss out on gains and gymsessions; only to find out it was caused purely by the stresses of social interaction.

:^)
>>
>>36495791
>be manlet
>have fetish for tall girls
>they look at me like i'm garbage
>short girls usually look like Danny DeVito in a dress
>social anxiety sure doesn't help matters

life is suffering
>>
>>36501813
Either see a doctor then faggot or just keep going out until these things stop. You can't live your life this way you silly boy. I actually used to be the same but not as bad, just felt incredibly weak and nauseous after spending a day out, going out more fixes that. You're just like one of those fat guys who goes to the gym once and doesn't come back because he complains it hurts
>>
>>36501895
I did see a doctor and I'm fine now, friend.

It's just the "keep going till it stops" attitude is ridiculous. Some problems require medical attendance; that's all I'm saying.
>>
>>36501935
Exposure therapy is a legit thing that psychologists prescribe man, for psychological issues it can be very helpful.
If you've got some kind of messed up GI issue though, that's a different concern
>>
>>36501743
post karrie pics
>>
File: 1458604776106.jpg (147 KB, 736x1068) Image search: [Google]
1458604776106.jpg
147 KB, 736x1068
>>36501743
>tfw your hs sweetheart from age 15 lasts 1 year in uni before you both breakup.
>5 years together, wasted because she got a taste of freedom whilst you did the opposite and calmed your partying so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable/unstable in the relationship

Im pretty succesful now with my own company but if she crawled back to me wanting to marry or be with me id probably say yes. Luckily she hasnt as shes probably neck deep in uni cock. Oh well such is life familia

Im gonna end up marrying or getting some 18 year old hottie once i hit my early 30s , i aimt gonna get with some bitch thatll gwt old same time i do.
>>
>>36502072
dont marry her anon, she is shit
>>
>>36501527
Thank you. I will do this.
>>
>>36502063
rather not
>>
>>36495791
I'm not white btw

kill yourself
>>
>>36499091
>Goldstein

Of course a Jew would know about social manipulation
>>
File: 1458827412816.jpg (100 KB, 576x569) Image search: [Google]
1458827412816.jpg
100 KB, 576x569
>>36505439
No, i must enrich the earth with more half white half african american people of color children first, so they can continue to do the same with your children and grandchildren until there's no trace of white "people" ever existing.
>>
Just push through the anxiety a few times, even if you fuck up, it will be much easier the next time around. I wish I had learned this earlier in life, because I wasted my prime years being scared of everything until I decided to meet up with some Tinder girls. I fucking goofed the first few times, but I built up my confidence and in all honesty, even when I goofed the girls still tried to maintain contact with me.

Nobody actually cares about anyone else, everyone is focused on themselves - use that to your advantage.

Also, bang as many girls as you can. I've fucked 4, my current GF has fucked 5, and for whatever reason I feel very insecure about it. Bang as many girls as you can and you will never feel insecure when you do get into a LTR
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.