[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've read that excessive cycling can cause lower testosterone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10
File: offroad-century-adam.jpg (83 KB, 300x451) Image search: [Google]
offroad-century-adam.jpg
83 KB, 300x451
I've read that excessive cycling can cause lower testosterone production due to decreased bloodflow to the testicles, is this true?
>>
>>36494961
Google?
>>
>>36495042
I have googled and get contradictive search results.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
Surely this depends massively on your seating position? If you're tucked in all the time like a gaylord roadie your balls will shrivel

Standard mtb stance like your pic won't have that problem
>>
File: Capture.jpg (131 KB, 863x929) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
131 KB, 863x929
>>36495235
you cant get fast mtb without road cycing

>>36494961
idk about the balls part but if you do cardio 15-25 hours a week your shits gonna be fucked.

I was a competetive cyclist and weighed 138lbs at 6foot.

state champ, but skinny as fawk

this is what I looked like in 2013

I'm 175lbs now and lifting a ton
>>
File: Capture.jpg (121 KB, 944x908) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
121 KB, 944x908
>>36495320
>>36495320
better 1
>>
>>36495320
OP here.

I do max 9-10 hours of cardio a week, guess I'm safe then?
>>
File: biek'.jpg (398 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
biek'.jpg
398 KB, 960x960
>>36495358
just lift and eat a lotta protein

dont forget recovery shakes. Also is your cardio high or low intensity?

lots of mine was at like 150+ bpm, non of this 100 bpm shit

but honesty cardio is great for you, my cardio sucks and I get winded fucking walking now since I havent touched ANY cardio in almost 2 years lmao
>>
>>36495394
>Also is your cardio high or low intensity?

Depends, I live in a very hilly city so it's a lot of up and down terrain.
>>
Is walking for hours each day enough for heart health?
>>
>>>36495235
>you cant get fast mtb without road cycing

Literally bullshit
>>
File: 4.jpg (38 KB, 267x634) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
38 KB, 267x634
>>36495605
lemme see all your podiums senpai

there is no way you can recover from 25+ hours a week of mtb

and also all the stopping and starting of pedal functions doesnt lend it self to developing muscular endurance

maybe you're the fast one at your local park, but when states or nationals come, you'll be blown away by people who actually ride
>>
File: 1.jpg (61 KB, 455x441) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
61 KB, 455x441
>>36495710
>>
File: Capture.jpg (47 KB, 433x428) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
47 KB, 433x428
>>36495726
>>
File: 1st.jpg (39 KB, 268x544) Image search: [Google]
1st.jpg
39 KB, 268x544
>>36495740
I can go all day
>>
>>36495710
>>36495726
why are you trying so fucking hard to epeen on the internet? i've been riding road, mtb, bmx, unicycling, you fucking name it, for over a decade and you dont "need road to be fast on a mtb", you just need a proper environment to train endurance. You can't expect to train sustained power on a technical singletrack, ridiculous DH course, or doing fucking unicycle trials. You find a less technical environment that provides the type of resistance or challenge that you need to improve.

Sure you can ride road to train endurance, but goddamn quit spewing completely random shit in a desperate attempt to jerk yourself off like we're on a pinkbike brag thread or something.
>>
>>36495726
is that a chinese carbon frame?
>>
File: mi biek.jpg (220 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
mi biek.jpg
220 KB, 720x960
>>36495808
yeah it is with the xtr and race golds it was what ~19lbs lbs with pedals and cages, maybe 18.5 I dont remember

>>36495807
ok so you can go on long ass gravel grinders, or ride a water levee into oblivion pretty much the same as riding road - except maybe you throw on cyclocross tires, same shit to me.

if you were such a pro you would know what I meant by riding road, it means riding long boring 80-100 rpm continuous pedaling for muscular endurance aka it cant be technical

as for the pinkbike comment, I don't frequent that website so idk what you're refering to

non of what I said was random shit, you took something I said and called it bs, now you come back and say I'm right you just call it something different
>>
>>36495900
where did you get your frame from? there's a ton of chinese carbon frame makers, but some seem a little dubious 2bh. i've been in the market for a new mountain bike

did you have any problems with your frame? do you think a full suspension chinese carbon is a terrible idea?
>>
>>36495942
>do you think a full suspension chinese carbon is a terrible idea?
I have no exp with a full sus chinese carbon,

I got mine from yoleo bikes , 29er hardtail - its done me very well even with a ton of crashes.

~400bucks if I recall correctly. Just order extra derailerr hangers when you get it, cause mine came were custom and I had to get them from china, nobody sold them.

I'd go brand name full sus, get a 2015 for like 65% msrp, you can get crazy deals at shops, my training buddy would buy a new 10k bike every year and sell the old one, he would pay 65-6700 for it and sell it for 5500 - 5k when the next years came out.
>>
>>36495358
That doesn't seem excessive. My opinion means jack shit, but you're probably fine
>>
File: Colnago_Record_Build.jpg (407 KB, 1280x857) Image search: [Google]
Colnago_Record_Build.jpg
407 KB, 1280x857
>>36495900
>you would know what I meant by riding road, it means riding long boring 80-100 rpm contin...
and when roadies train endurance, they need to maintain 116.8 rpm on a mobius strip velodrome with simulated gravitational normalization, otherwise they're wasting their time and couldn't possibly make progress. try to make it a little more obvious that you didn't read anything i said kek

>now you come back and say I'm right you just call it something different
suddenly, 3rd grade reading comprehension.

this variety of trolling is poor in quality, yet amusing in a pathetic way. please continue.
>>
>>36496037
>shit tier response
>shit tier fred bike
dat strawman

I said muscular endurance, I'm agreeing with you you fuck, you cant train that on single track

keep being buttmad I dont see any podiums

you're just a loser
>>
Just broke my bike, and looking for another one. What is the kind of bike called with skinny tires, with a super light frame? I can't seem to find the name of it..
>>
>>36496107
if you were good enough to warrant your "it works for me so therefore its the only way" argument, i'd know who you are, and if you were anywhere near that good, you wouldn't be saying something that stupid in the first place.

enjoy your little league trophies, remember to get a tripcode so we can all know, respect, and keep track of your precious podiums kid.
>>
>>36496140
road bike? Tons of brands make them Hybrid maybe?

>>36496161
>training muscular endurance
>key to developing speed

Pick both

keep being a baddie who doesnt know shit,

come back when you accomplish something with you life fatty
>>
>>36496257
>fatty
how could someone ride or lift for any number of years and still be fat? kek
resorting to ad-hominem attacks is identical to screaming "i'm wrong but fuck you"

here's your (you), fucking adorable.
>>
>>36496140
A gay one?
>>
>>36495740
Haha scrub you got beaten by a fatty
>>
>>36495740
The fuck is this? A cock measuring contest? Honestly friendo it looks like you're the one that belongs in third place but I guess it's fortunate you placed at all with that package fit for drone delivery
>>
>>36496450
>>36496811
>>36496839
samefag
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.