[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there not any 0.625 kg plates?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: file_14_35.jpg (124 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
file_14_35.jpg
124 KB, 900x900
Why are there not any 0.625 kg plates?
>>
i suggest you buy ankle weights with adjustable weights. this allows me to make smaller increases on bench and ohp, making it a fuckload easier, without forking out a load of cash on microplates.
>>
>>36493556
Just googled them. They are fucking expensive. Probably because they are ancient.
>>
>>36493582
My ankle weights were like £20, while microplates are MUCH more than that.

Otherwise if you're in the US you could buy washers. I would have done that but I couldn't find any suppliers in the UK.
>>
>>36493603
Wait, why are there no washers in the UK?
>>
>>36493614
shrug.webm
>>
I bought a pair of .5kg plates, but coated, so they weigh 0.6kg, give or take 50g.
>>
>>36493603
I'm in Norway. They go for about 40 pounds. Probably the only way they make a fortune.
>>
>>36493556
How big/strong do I have to be to carry them with me?
>>
>>36493690
this is the one i have

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ADIDAS-Adjustable-2-0-Ankle-Weight/dp/B0088A0C5W?ie=UTF8&keywords=adidas%20ankle%20weights&qid=1458748286&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

it has four weight things for each side, each weight thing weighs 565 grams i think (i weighed them a while ago) so, counting the weight of the sides, the possible increases in weight are 1.22kg, 2.35kg, 3.48kg and 4.61kg. so it's not really much, but it's kinda bothersome carrying 3.48 or 4.61 kg to the gym.

here's a table i made of possible weights (assuming the collars weigh 500g, which they roughly do)
>>
>>36493748
Your autism impresses me.
>>
>>36493796
lel. it was simply a case of writing out the formula for the first row and then dragging it down.
>>
>>36493807
Don't worry brah, to the uninitiated, anything beyond sum in excel takes a ton of work and hours of calculations
>>
>>36493603
>no washers in the UK
wat

Go to a hardware store. There's no way the whole country lacks washers
>>
>>36493826
lol yeah, i'm just gonna go to a hardware store.

there's WAY too many variables involved in a thing like that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.