[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are downies so fucking strong? Was at the gym today and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 130830-Jonathan_Stoklosa.jpg (46 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
130830-Jonathan_Stoklosa.jpg
46 KB, 620x350
Why are downies so fucking strong? Was at the gym today and I met this guy... with some obvious mental issues and skinny like a twig (he had 8' arms at best).

He then proceeded to sit on the lat pull machines and put the pin to 200 (again, this guy was about 5'9 and weighed 110 at best). I thought he was new to the gym, yknow, testing the waters and all that until he started cranking reps out effortlessly. Wtf /fit/?
>>
>>36492033
Retard strength
>>
>>36492033
im just repeating what some other anon said before
apparently, normal humans have this sorta mechanism implanted into their brains which restricts muscular performance from their full potential which comes into effect when adrenaline kicks in, I believe
probably for energy conservation purposes

retards didnt develop that mechanism

this could probably be it but i'm not so sure tho
>>
>>36492033
Alright, Uni fag here who has actually done research on Downs, if it was a Downie that you were on about.
Downs syndrome people actually have less developed muscles from birth, and less control. The reasons they seem stronger was mentioned by >>36492221
anon.
Basically, they can become strong same as anybody, but lack the inhibition telling them to not destroy themselves over doing it.
>>
>>36492033
I don't know about other mentally handicapped people but down syndrome people don't have more strength than normal people. They have less apparently.
http://www.nchpad.org/117/909/Down~Syndrome
>>
>>36492221
Don't know about retards not having this mechanism but it could be true, too lazy to google.

What you're talking about is the mechanoreceptors which detect tension, stretching, things like that. They're in place so you don't tear anything, break any bones, bend in ways you're not supposed to, etc. When you squat and your core is too weak for the load, you'll fail the lift even though your legs could've kept extending, it just would've fucked up your spine. This is why you can leg press more than you can squat, only thing your body has to worry about there are your legs which are much stronger in isolation than your body is as a unit.
>>
>>36492221
Not for energy conservation, but to prevent tendon damage
>>
>>36492264
>>36492269
yeah i also wanted to include injury prevention but forgot about it midsentence
>>
>>36492244
>>36492221

So basically, what you guys are claiming is that he, along with other downies, are prone to damaging themselves much more severely than the average person?

>>36492244
Any sauce to support this point?
>>
so it's literally retard strength?
>>
>>36492338
yes but only because they can push themselves harder
or their form is shit
because they're retarded
>>
>>36492244
What you said makes me laugh so hard. I imagine a retard just with muscles just tearing through his skin in a fit of rage, breaking dead lift world record or something. Like they can't feel pain.
>>
>>36492269
Also because of dexterity. Allows for more precise movements.

Fucking DEX fag body. I want to be STR fag.
>>
>You see a retard deadlifting
>it's insane weight, world record class
>he starts lifting it
>you can see his muscles at their limit
>starts breaking and snapping all over
>roars like a retard while slowly getting it up
>every muscle in his body pumping full power and breaking
>he did it
>the barbell drops, the whole gym feels the shockwave
>the retard collapses, his skin dark red emitting vapor
god bless
>>
>>36492244
So is there a way to shut down those inhibitors for maximum gainz?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.