[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when to do cardio when your on a 3 day a week full body routine ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1
File: 266px-Leber_Schaf.jpg (12 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
266px-Leber_Schaf.jpg
12 KB, 266x189
when to do cardio when your on a 3 day a week full body routine ?
>>
when you feel like it
>>
Whenever you want.

Before you lift is a good idea, since it'll help warm you up.

You can also do it after.

You can also do it on your off days.
>>
Doing 20 minutes of cardio a day is good for you.
>>
>>36492040
I wouldn't do it before,it exhaust you slightly and you won't get as intense workout. Of course, the difference isn't big, mostly just boilds down to personal preference
>>
>>36492027
On training days, after lifting. That way the cardio is the farthest away possible from your next strength workout and you have more time to rest.
>>
I'm running a 3-day full body too, I run 1 km to warm up for the gym, and on the off days I walk 2 km and run 2 km. It works, it burns fat and it's good for your health.
>>
>>36492065
what about hiit?

also we talking 5 km or 2.5 km ?
>>
>>36492027
every day you are not lifting. theres a reason SS is for athletes.
>>
>>36492078
>what about hiit?

As a beginner you should prolly stick to lower intensity. It's easy to fuck up hiit and burn muscle instead of fat.
>>
Do it after you work out. Let's say you do GSLP or SS, do 10-15m of HIIT afterwards.
>>
>>36492113
but how do you do hiit in the gym?

or do you just go out after going to the gym to hiit ?
>>
>>36492027
Wish my liver looked as neat as that.
>>
>>36492208
Treadmill, Walk for a set amount of time, then increase the speed and run for a set amount of time. It's not too hard.
>>
Buy a bicycle and use it for transport. Good way to add cardio without much effort.
>>
>>36492241
i live in the Netherlands.
>>
>>36492228
stuff that you set your own speed is easier to use for hiit (cycling, rowing, rope skipping). most treadmills don't have a proper hiit setting and fiddling with the speed every 0.5-1 minutes is a pain.
>>
>>36492256
>Netherlands
Are bikes illegal there or what?
>>
>>36492260
Oh, I just do the "fiddling with the speed every 0.5-1 minute" option. It's not that much of a hassle and I have made it a goal to get atleast 15 min of HIIT in after every powerlifting training day for general health and because I eat like a fucking horse.
>>
>>36492262
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AbPav5E5M
>>
>>36492260
how to do hiit with those ?
>>
>>36492286
Oh, fucking hell. I see why you would not want to ride a bicycle then. But for the cardio part, do your gym have some form stairmaster or treadmills?
>>
>>36492302
actually i ride my bicycle everywhere just like everyone else, we have roads dedicated to bicycles, where cars are not allowed.

also on average every citizen has 2 bikes.
>>
>>36492320
Looks like a fucking warzone if you're a cyclist.
>>
>>36492333
nah man shits super safe,

its why nobody needs a helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv38J7SKH_g
>>
>>36492361
Do thugs also cycle? Drive-bys would look lame as fuck if you're riding on your grandmas old bicycle.
>>
>>36492286
Welke neger woont ook in Utrecht.
>>
>>36492027
I picked up running about 6 weeks ago.
I do ABxABL and run RxRxRxR. That said, cardio will really kill Your gains.
Big lifts have decreased 10lb.
10/10, would run again.
>>
>>36492027
Fasted cardio walking at a 3ish pace for 30-60min every morning. This isn't rocket science, it's what almost every BB does. Its the most common meme next to chicken rice broccoli
>>
>>36492084
And for how much time would be enough? (cardio on days off I mean)

20 min of elliptical or treadmill? 30 min? 40 min?
>>
>>36492583
Depends. Ive started doing 2 x 4min of tabata (4min extreme intensity, look it up) once a week and do a 30 or 45min run once a week.
All depends on goal. For a beginner I would say that 2-3 x 30-40 min a week of cardio (I like bike and running) would be good, when you get used to it, add some HIIT.
>>
>>36492059
I do it before because i know i'll be too tired afterwards to run otherwise.
i don't lift as heavily but no one cares how much you lift other than /fit/
>>
>>36492228
What's a good speed to use as a complete cardio newb?
>>
>>36492796
That's not something anyone can answer for you with no meter of judgement available.

For low-intensity, pick a speed you're sure you would be able to mantain comfortably for like 30 minutes. For high intensity, one that you think you wouldn't be able to mantain for more than 5 minutes
>>
>>36492044
this is the correct answer
>>
>>36492260
everything I've read says the most effective way to do HIIT is actual running. 30 second jog then thirty minute sprint Ive never tried it though so don't know first hand. I'm not sure how you could do it on a full body exercise day, but I love cardio acceleration. 1 minute of cardio between each set and thats your rest period. works well for days where you're doing 9-12 sets
>>
>>36493276
*30 seconds of sprint
>>
>>36493276
and another fuckin correction 9-12 different exercises like 27-35 sets
>>
>>36492027
do it when u are glycogen depleted to burn fat
>>
>>36493773
if you do it glycogen replete you can train harder and take advantage of the post-exercise increases in energy expenditure from tissue remodeling which would burn even more fat
>>
>>36492105
plus if you're a fat beginner like moi, you can fuck up your knees pretty bad
>>
>>36493773
>glycogen depleted so you burn fat
lmao'ing hard right now

when you're glycogen depleted you'll burn MUSCLE not fat, unless you do LISS
>>
>>36492739
Actually if you lift to be stronger you'll care how much you lift. Running when exhausted is easy and possible.
Lifting when exhausted means you simply can't move the weight. You can still keep moving if you run however.
t. your mom
>>
>>36492027
You realize that's not a heart, right?

Not that you can't post a liver and talk about cardio, the whole body benefits, but still.
>>
>>36492286
>all that cutting corners
I guess they become just like motorists when there's enough of them, just slower.
>>
>>36492380
How hard would it be to maintain a straight path while firing a gun though? I imagine the force wouldn't knock you over due to the angular momentum of the tires but it would certainly be tricky with no ground to brace against - especially at slow speeds.
>>
>>36494848
That was the bait dummy
>>
>>36492027
I do it after workouts and I'm also on a three day per week full body routine.
>>
>>36494913
classic just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>36492105
Broscience: the Post
>>
>>36492286

the dutch are a wired lot
>>
>>36492027
>tfw you thought that's a crushed Dickmann's
>>
>>36496815

Also probably a lot healthier than the average Ameri (or Eurofat these days) sat in his car smoking and being stressed because of the rush hour traffic.
>>
>>36492380
We banned guns, there are no thugs doing drive by's
>>
anyone skips rope?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.