[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this fine workout? Squat/Deadlift Ohp Pull ups Ring dips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Is this fine workout?

Squat/Deadlift
Ohp
Pull ups
Ring dips
Barbell row
Barbell curl
Some neck exercise
>>
Yes, if you're out of shape anything is a good workout. Like sucking dick. Get to it.
>>
No. You have many excersises working the same muscle groups. Pull ups, Row, OHP, and dips. Id pick 2 and do the other 2 another day. I mean, you can do them all same workout but I'd be too tired to lift heavy with good form for the 2nd two excersises. In my mind this is over training muscles unless you're using ultra light weight.

My 2 cents
>>
Also good luck squatting and deadlifting heavy on the same day. One of those excersises will suffer from poor form and fatigue from which ever you do first. I'd spilt workouts, one with squats, one with Deads, split your upper body excersises between squat and deadlift days.
>>
>>36491938
Which ones?

Pull ups = vertical pull =lats
Barbell row = horizontal pull = upper back
Dips = vertical push = triceps, chest
OHP = vertical push = shoulders

Dips are meant as an exercise replacement for bench press because I dont have a bench.

I am going for 3x6-8 on everything except deadlifts. Once I can do 3x8 I add more weight and do 3x6 till I can do 3x8 again and so on.

My main goal is aesthetics with some strength, that's why I put so many exercises.

>>36491945
Squat/deadlift is meant one each workout. So one workout I do squat the other I do deadlift alternating.
>>
>ring dips
I've never seen anyone put serious weight on that. It's like db press. Good assistance, but at a certain point you just overload your stabilizers and you won't be able to progressively overload much without hurting yourself.
>>
>>36492069
I only have rings to do dips, so there is no other option for me.
>>
>>36492077
You can do them on two chairs. That option works so well it's even featured in SS. You can buy wall mounted dips bars, they aren't very expensive, pretty much the same range as any pull up bar. It's very easy to improvise something else. Ring dips are hard as shit and you're gonna have to figure something out to progress on the lift either way. Doing static holds for weeks until you can finally do one dip is gonna be a pain in the ass. Oh yeah, and try to avoid bench dips, they are fine to do a few times to progress into a proper dip, but putting any kind of weight on them is a sure fire way to snap up your shoulders.
>>
>>36492020
>>36492020

> strength
> aesthetics

Didn't realize you were going the aestetics route, in which case all those upper body excersises on the same day might be okay. I've done workouts with dips/ohp/row in the same workout and by the third excersise I cannot lift what i would normally be able to lift with correct form which is why I suggested you might want to spread those upper body excersises out.

Yes all those workouts use different "main movers", but they also use the same stabalizer muscles IE all hit tri's, all hit lats, all hit shoulders and traps, which is why you might lose gains on the 3rd and 4th excersises. But like I said earlier, this will be good for you doing aesthetics, not so good for someone working on strength.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.