[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>> That moment of disgust when you realise how badly you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>> That moment of disgust when you realise how badly you've fallen off

I was doing good counting calories/etc. And was down to 168. I'm back up to 215
I'm going to bust my ass to get back on track, but add weight lifting, health pending. I need muscle, it would probably help get rid of my sciatica/lower back pain, etc. So all the diet/food stuff won't be a problem. The only REAL problem, is that it's taxing as hell to constantly keep track of every single calorie. It's like a chore more than anything. And once I add weight lifting into the mix, holy hell.

I will probably use Starting Strength, as I have a barbell/plates. But I need to get a cage/bench/whatever, and a pullup bar. My left arm is significantly weaker due to a stroke as a baby.
The disgust stems from going to beach and seeing what I want to be.

I'm 25, male, 5'8. Seeing as it wasnt an out of bed weigh, I would imagine I am still in the 208-210 lb range.
Given those stats, how much can I realistically change in 3 months, up to a year? I'm sick of ping ponging/falling off like this.

The weight loss isn't a problem/I know I can do it. It's just going to take forever catching up what I already accomplished. At 168 I still felt like a fat piece of worthlessness, and had no muscle to boot.
>>
File: image.jpg (1024 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1024 KB, 2592x1936
Don't worry about how long it takes to get to where you want to be. A year from now you'll wish you got back on track today. A year isn't a very long time in the grand scheme of things.

You don't need to count calories, you just need to be mindful of what you're putting in your body.

If you are eating out and you have the option to choose between a hamburger and fries or chicken breast and broccoli or between pizza or grilled salmon with asparagus, I trust you know what to choose. How about to drink? Better be water or ice tea and not fucking soda.

Eat like pic related. This is a typical meal I might have if I'm not up to cook anything. Look at its contents.
>>
>>36490649
Losing weight takes time. More time than you think or would like.don't pay too much attention to it. However much time it takes, it takes

Counting calories is a chore but it's a necessary chore. It allows you to be mindful of what you are eating. It helps ALOT with you driet to learn and understand what you should and should not be eating and honestly ive found counting calories has allowed me to eat less or it stalls my eating time because counting calories is such a drag that I'd rather not eat or eat later than to count it.

Also, you've got to find a way to cut that works for you. Right now I'm having g issues, similar issues. this is the second time I've lost weight. I'm at the same weight I was last time I'm cut and I'm running Into the same issue. Too many cheat meals, falling off the wagon, overeating, just overall tired of dieting and counting calories but I'm going to try to stick with it and adjust my cut to where I can do it successfully.

Good luck to you mate
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 586x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 586x456
>>36490649
That salad looks like it's probably over a thousand calories breh.

OP, why didn't you catch yourself before you got so big? You almost broke into the healthy BMI range and now you've gotta claw all the way back from obesity. That hurts my soul bro.

You know what to do already and have proven you can do it. That assuages my doubting nature a bit. Best of luck.
>>
>>36490714

college, stress, too many other things occupied my mind. I'm horrible at managing priorities/time for specific things. I need to be a completely different person.
>>
>>36490725
It sounds like you didn't weigh yourself because you knew it would be bad and wanted to avoid it. I'd encourage you to force yourself to keep a spreadsheet of daily weights no matter what. That will prevent you from getting so far off course by ignoring your problem for so long.
>>
>>36490725
Them is all excuses bro. Lose all that fat and you will be a completely different person not only because you won't be a fat sack of shit anymore but also because the willpower and determination it took for you to complete that transition from fat to fit will have changed you

Or ya know continuing being a fat shit self loathing with a million excuses as to why you just can't stop stuffing your face
>>
>>36490798

Trust me I'm going to stop stuffing my face.

I'm going to try drinking more water (I don't drink a lot as is), to make me feel fuller and whatnot, the water tastes like shit though and has to be ice ice cold for me to stand it here. And I'm too broke atm to get the gallons of it.

Anywho, I've read the sticky and whatnot, but in my current situation, weight lifting wise, what program is best suited for my equipment?

That being a barbell and 300 + lbs in plates. And a couple 25 lb dumbbells (whoopteedoo).

I don't have a rack or bench or a cage currently, so what can I do with that stuff until I get those?

I have no pullup bar or anywhere to do them either, even if I did my fatass is too weak to even manage one.
>>
>>36490442
>sciatica

Nigger, do your glute stretches daily
>>
>>36491235

I have to add stretching into my daily lifestyle, i have to add lifting into my lifestyle, I have to control/watch what I eat like a hawk consistently. It seems like a pain in the ass to all manage at once, especially with all the stretches/programs for lifting out there.

What are all the stretches I should do daily? Especially for lower back pain?

I'm a weak bitch, theres no cutting around that. My core sucks, my arms suck, everything.

And when it comes to lifting, I've read the sticky and everything. As of this moment I don't have a bench/rack/cage, but I have a barbell and 300 + in plates. But no pullup bar, and I'll need to find something sturdy to do dips. So what program do I use?
>>
File: 1455396146137.gif (2 MB, 334x400) Image search: [Google]
1455396146137.gif
2 MB, 334x400
stay stronk

Also, put up a poster of Zyzz. Just to remind you why you want to lose the weight.
>>
File: confuuslaugh.png (1 MB, 853x959) Image search: [Google]
confuuslaugh.png
1 MB, 853x959
>>36491362
>What are all the stretches I should do daily?
>I've read the sticky
>>
Doesn't really matter OP, /it/ isn't a place for your tears. Get back on it or don't, its that simple.
>>
>>36490649
>Better be water or ice tea and not fucking soda
Ice tea = uncarbonated soda. It's just as much sugar in that shit. Only thing you should ever drink on a cut is water and unsugared coffee/tea without milk/cream. Soda/energy drinks/"lattes" shouldn't ever be drunk if you haven't given up on life completely.
>>
>>36491362
You should be able to do most "core" exercises with this equipment.

Use a starting strength style template. Since you don't have a bench to press on, lay on the floor (with your shoulderblades tucked as in normal bench press) and do dumbbell press. Not optimal, but better than nothing. You can do front squats by cleaning the bar to your shoulders. You can OHP by cleaning the bar in the same way. You can deadlift as normal. You can do power cleans. You can do bent over Pendlay rows for upper back. One-arm dumbbell rows are a poor substitute for pull-ups, but better than nothing. Or buy a $30 pull up bar from Walmart (the kind that goes OVER the door frame). For dips, go buy a walker from Goodwill (mine cost exactly $2). Don't worry about the sturdiness; if you're that weak, you're going to have to keep your feet on the floor to assist anyway.

Start looking on Classified Ads for some sort of rack, so that you can start back squatting ASAP. There really is no substitute for back squats, but front squat & deadlift will be OK to start.

For your diet, avoid processed foods. Avoid fast food places, and if you can't, get a salad with low calorie dressing. Count your calories using MyFitnessPal. After a month, you'll know nutritional contents innately and it becomes less of an ass pain. Drink nothing but water, black coffee, and unsweetened tea.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.