[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ learnin thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
>Lifting for grils
Yall motherfuckers need stocism

Anyone else set up audiobooks while lifting/cardioing?
>>
Audiobooks are pleb.

You're turning a book into a radio broadcast. The whole point of a book is being able to go at your own pace and being able to re-read passages you find appealing, whether on an aesthetic or insightful level. It makes it a much more personal experience. I don't need to hear some britcuck read me books like my mom did at night when I was a kid.

/rant
>>
>>36489692
I agree, despite your usage of the word "cuck"
Audiobooks are all right sometimes though, like if you have to drive a lot.
But no, I can't get pumped for working out unless I listen to music OP
>>
>>36489655
I listen to podcasts, mainly How stuff works, and planet money. Listen to them as well when i do cardio, might as well make good use of your time.
>>
Not during cardio, no. I need something to get me going then. I sometimes might listen to an audiobook during my warmup (my walk to the gym). Even then though, I like to listen to music to transition into workout mode.
>>
>>36489655
I could probably listen to some of Senecas stuff but I'd rather listen to NNTaleb ranting to get me angry. I mostly lift to sublimate my emotions of self loathing tho so not for everyone. Oh wait nvm exactly for everyone
>>
>>36489655
Also haven't read any of Mark A, nor Epictectus, former would have a lot of insights on power
>>
>>36489655
>>36489655
>Yall motherfuckers need stocism
The whole world would be better off if we taught stoicism in schools.
>>
File: 1438456093945.jpg (187 KB, 969x596) Image search: [Google]
1438456093945.jpg
187 KB, 969x596
>>36489655
Marcus wrote half of his meditations on Opium you degenerate, Analects of Confucius are better anyway, A real mind opener is Thomas Reid: An Inquiry into the Human Mind

>>36489692
Audio is great if you want to learn while running, working, driving or lifting, much better then pop music for the brain, reading is still top-tier but text heavy academia is hard to digest, my advice, Audio for the Academia and repeat it a few times then novels and articles and research via reading

>>36490399
Skip Mark, meditations is all over the place (see above comment)

>>36490411
More like if we taught finance early on and classes on self-discipline
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.