[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say you want to do a set of squats, but all the squat racks are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1429066671533.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1429066671533.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Say you want to do a set of squats, but all the squat racks are taken. How do you pass the time and not look awkward about it?

I'm a social fuckup so I'm trying to do this right.
>>
>>36489180
Do something else I have scheduled that day or stretch or do a bit of light cardio. If they're almost done then I might do a couple bodyweight squats to get warmed up.
>>
You do all your other exercises while glancing at the squat rack occasionally to see if it frees up.

If it's still taken after you're done with everything, there isn't much choice. You either ask to work in or stand around awkwardly, staring at the dude until he gets so awkward he leaves the rack.

Or you could go do cardio, I guess.
>>
i usually do something else as long as i was planning to do it that day after standing around like an autist for a few seconds
>>
>>36489180

Ab work/stretching
>>
Do hack squats to warm up. or leg press.
>>
>>36489180
I either do stretches or a muscle group that I know won't affect my squat, like biceps
>>
Stop doing bro-tier meme lifts
>>
Pushups or situps or something iunno
>>
Assume a resting position in a third world squat 20 feet away, they'll know what you're there for and you're not fucking around
>>
>ask how many more sets someone has (be friendly about it), go do something else based on estimated time

>ask about sets and hope they'll offer to work you in so you don't have to ask

>just go do something else and wait
>>
>>36489803

Oh also, make sure you engage in eye contact with one of the power rack occupiers while you're chilling in your third world squat. Extra points if your target is doing bicep curls in the power rack.
>>
>>36489180
Go curl if the free weights are visible from the squat rack
If not, do something else you have planned and come back
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.