[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is fitness culture so cringey? Pic somewhat related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: dankmeme.jpg (129 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
dankmeme.jpg
129 KB, 720x720
Why is fitness culture so cringey?

Pic somewhat related.
>>
>>36488957
This is fitness culture the same way someone who played one zelda game and spams zelda memes is vidya culture.
>>
New/fit/ here, and even I can answer that question:

Those who are autistic enough to post lifting/gym memes on social media are the same people who make working out/lifting//fit/ the most interesting thing about themselves.

that's it.

Get hobbies and be social, and try not to be an asshole in the process. That's all there is to life.....
>>
File: fit goes to a party.jpg (91 KB, 920x613) Image search: [Google]
fit goes to a party.jpg
91 KB, 920x613
>bottom tier memes represent fitness culture

good thing we make our own and don't rely on outsourcing
>>
All those instragram fitness fags make me sick. What kind of man tans, shaves, and takes shirtless selfies with some faggy inspirational quote alongside it. Absolute faggotry!
>>
File: 1428879231610.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1428879231610.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>36488990
pic is so accurate that it almost made me feel, but then I realized even I'm not that much of a fag
>>
>>36489007
agreed.

>Look at me! Look at me!
>>
>>36488990
>bottom tier memes represent fitness culture
They do though. The culture here does not represent mainstream fitness culture.

>>36489007
I know, shit is annoying.
>>
>>36489027
you're talking about 'fitness' near year resolutioner culture or cringy mom's doing crossfit

i don't think anyone who takes it seriously would post memes like that unless they haven't honed their autism like we have
>>
>>36489007
What kind of man cares about other people doing that stuff? Having fun in that closet?
>>
>>36489048
Faggot detected
>>
>>36489044
>i don't think anyone who takes it seriously would post memes like that

Wrong.

Also I work in a gym and it's an endless parade of faggots wearing shirts that say SWOLE PATROL or some other ridiculous shit.
>>
>>36489007

Guarantee you those "Fags" get way more pussy than you could ever get the courage to talk to
>>
>>36489110
Zing!
>>
>>36489087
Those people don't take fitness seriously. Stop kidding yourself.
>>
It's the sensation of feeling powerful and superior. It's easy to get self absorbed when you look better than you used to.
>>
>>36489087
have you ever seen someone doing anything besides curls in one of those shirts?

probably not
>>
>>36489172
No, they do. Most of them are in pretty good shape and come to the gym 5 or so days per week.
>>
>>36489173
That makes sense I guess, but I feel like there are more intelligent ways to peacock.

>>36489184
Yes.
>>
File: tfw no legs.jpg (418 KB, 650x1154) Image search: [Google]
tfw no legs.jpg
418 KB, 650x1154
>>36488957
>>
>>36489194
ok
>>
>>36489203
Dat feminine stance.
>>
>>36489203
If this guy is just lifting for girls there's really no issue with this. Lower body might as well not exist in a busy club, you can hardly see it when it's crowded.

Before you flip your shit, I don't support this personally. I'm just saying he's probably only hitting vanity muscles.
>>
>>36489007
My lifting bro is gay, dude posts so much shit to insta, FB, Twitter etc. He plasters his progress pics with quotes and flowery script along with a wall of fucking hashtags, he used meme arrows in his last post.
I let him take one fucking pic with me and now I've got dudes and spray tan yoga sloots I don't know trying to add and message me.
I just want to be stronk hate myself less and look good naked, I don't even post progress pics on my own profiles.
>>
Most people who post LEG DAY xD stuff don't even work-out regularly.
>>
>>36488957
I checked out a guy at my gym's instagram (well I was checking out his qt gf and stopped by his profile), and he had some pictures and some "deep" quotes posted, but when I see him in the gym he's just another dude lifting.
Instagram posts makes it seem like they have these epic, meaningful lives where their gym time is amazing, but when in the gym you couldn't tell them apart from any other common gym goer.
>>
File: delahoyafishnets640.jpg (57 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
delahoyafishnets640.jpg
57 KB, 876x493
>>36489203
>>36489230
Probably should stay away from wearing shorts that just expose & accentuate the problem, however.
>>
>>36488957

Because just like gaming, sports, bars, gambling, coffee houses etc it goes to shit when women and normies get involved and there's money to be made.
>>
I never tell people I lift weights. It seems like such a vain thing to do - not to lift, but to tell people that you do. I just want to look good, and if I look good it should hardly matter how it happened. I don't need to be associated with bro meathead culture to feel validated.
>>
Lifting culture is cringy for two reasons:

1) It is filled with people with serious mental health issues, nariciasism, social anxiety, etc. Put a bunch of people like that together and it always gets cringy.

2) Almost any subculture is cringy. Look at the tech/hacker subculture, bikers, gun culture, etc. They are all filled with cringe. When people try hard to conform to a specific subculture it's bound to look sad and pathetic.
>>
>>36488957
most ppl at my gym are still on their broscience and hodgetwins phase. I use to my advantage because I know the stupid ALL KINDS OF GAINS shit.
whenever I exchange instagram/twitter with them. mind is the only normal one weirdly enough. it's just them taking selfies and posting gym memes. with 20-30 hashtags each post
>>
>>36491553
>coffee houses
Lol
>>
>>36491679
#2 definitely
>>
>>36489110
You sure got him !
>>
>>36488957
Fitness culture is full of normies

Normies tend to have a shit sense of humor
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.