[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: tea.jpg (241 KB, 1600x1184) Image search: [Google]
tea.jpg
241 KB, 1600x1184
I usually drink tea 1-2 times a day with no sugar and a bit of milk. I know it's a good alternative for common sugary drinks, but does it provide any alternate health benefits? The only articles/research I've come across are normie-based "Drink this everyday and lose 8 pounds a week!" type stuff.
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17013636

>Compared with placebo, 6 weeks of tea consumption leads to lower post-stress cortisol and greater subjective relaxation, together with reduced platelet activation. Black tea may have health benefits in part by aiding stress recovery.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2837615/

>Consumption of theaflavin-enriched black tea extract led to improved recovery and a reduction in oxidative stress and DOMS responses to acute anaerobic intervals. An improved rate of recovery can benefit all individuals engaging in high intensity, anaerobic exercise as it facilitates increased frequency of exercise.
>>
>>36487649
Croutons with tea, huh?
>>
>>36488012
kek i just noticed that what the fuck?
>>
>>36487894
Thanks, that's really informative. Although you'd usually find me drinking green tea. Might try Black.
>>
>>36488280
go hit up an ethnic grocery store, I got a box of 110 tea bags for around 5 bucks
>>
>>36488280
Black tea has stopped me from being a big baby bitch when it comes to handling stress. Here's another study showing that it lowers cortisol, one of the main stress hormones

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/media/library/tea

>The study, published in the journal Psychopharmacology, found that people who drank tea were able to de-stress more quickly than those who drank a fake tea substitute.
>>
>>36488295
>bagged pleb tier tea
how do you drink that weak grass water?
>>
>>36488387
how do i step up my tea game senpai?
>>
>>36488280
>>36488295
>>36488387
>>36488398
Twinn's Irish breakfast black tea is by far my favorite black tea that you can drink unsweetened and no milk. If you dont steep past 4 min its not bitter and actually has good flavor. Would recommend/10. Drink a cup with 2 bags steeped 3 min every morning and feel like a god after
>>
File: 1458620193207.gif (4 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1458620193207.gif
4 MB, 480x480
>>36487894
>not activating your platelets.
>>
>>36487649
All you plebs drinking that bagged shit. Loose leaf is infinitely better than the bagged tea. You get more flavour because the leaves are able to steep properly. They use leaf dust in those bags, disgusting and shitty.
>>
>>36488398
Buy a little glass French press. Add loose leaf tea and hot water. ??? Profit.
>>
>>36488885
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dqgr0wNyPo

gif theme
>>
How about sage tea or hibiscus tea? Will those reduce my cortisol levels? Where can I order a good tea that is loose leaf?
>>
Some of the bagged brands aren't bad, but try and find a store that sells loose leaf. If you can't, splurge on a good brand. None of the 5 dollar box grocery store shit.

Avoid Teavana at all costs.
>>
File: Hyppyri.jpg (176 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Hyppyri.jpg
176 KB, 640x640
>>36487649
I also take tea my dear. When i switched coffee to tea I actually noticed I have more energy and my sleep quality rose. Anyway I came here to post how I mire that tea pot. It looks sick and I would like to have one.
>>
>>36488012
That's a sugar lump...
>>
>>36488314

I didn't know that. Good thing I was already drinking tea, I'm a very stressy person.

>>36488498

Black breakfast tea is amazing.

>>36490828

I had to look twice to realise it was brown sugar. kek.
>>
File: TWG_Tea_logo.jpg (25 KB, 324x264) Image search: [Google]
TWG_Tea_logo.jpg
25 KB, 324x264
TWG. Anything from them is high end goodness.
Black tea is legendary. Only company comparable to them would be Twining. They make great teas too.
>>
Tea gives kidney stones its not worth it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.