[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey all I'm 5'8, roughly 210lbs. 25 years old, mil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: djkhaledsheikhmohammed.png (126 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
djkhaledsheikhmohammed.png
126 KB, 600x600
hey all
I'm 5'8, roughly 210lbs. 25 years old, military veteran (2008-2012). after a few years of pretty deep depression, I've finally found a medication that works really well. I'm headed to college this summer to pursue a degree, and I figured that since I feel pretty good about myself, and since I don't want to spend the next few months in front of a computer letting myself atrophy, I'd like to start working out and getting into shape.

I read the sticky, but I have a few questions about the plans that I've found.

since I'm a broke ass soon to be college student, I went for a budget diet.
https://uhs.berkeley.edu/whatseatingyou/pdf/EatingWell5DollarsaDay.pdf

does this look alright? should I also be taking vitamins?
I'd like to cut out any and all energy drinks but after drinking them for so long (jesus christ I've been drinking them for nearly 8 years), I don't think that's too feasible. of course, if I absolutely have to, then I will, but I'm really hoping that there are some energy drinks that are significantly better for me than red bulls and nos. would the occasional rockstar organic be alright? what about these?
http://guayaki.com/category/151/Cans.html

in regards to exercise, I'm definitely going to be using the couch to 5k plan. I ran x-country in high school so running should be fairly easy to get back into. the gym in my apartment complex doesn't have weights; they do have machines though but I read in the sticky that machines are pretty objectively bad so I'd like to stick with bodyweight.
http://breakingmuscle.com/bodyweight/the-ultimate-90-day-bodyweight-training-plan

I would eventually like to get into the gym to start lifting weights but right now that's not entirely feasible; weights are expensive and the closest gym with weights is a 24 hour fitness... which costs money. I'm not a big fan of large gyms like this anyway, I've always been apprehensive about working out at a large gym. don't want to make myself look like a fool.

big ass post.
>>
>veteran
>25
>>
>>36487192
was in from 18 to 22 years old
>>
>>36487173
>5'8, roughly 210lbs. 25 years old, military veteran
>few years of pretty deep depression, I've finally found a medication that works
>24 hour fitness... which costs money (even though I collect BAH and probably medical mooching)

I was in for 10 years and I know your EXACT faggot type. Fat, manlet, shamming fake medical problems piece of shit that took a year of the four you were in to get out of the military with medical bullshitting and even harder shamming.

Get the fuck out, faggot.
>>
>>36487225
I'm here trying to better myself, friend. I am fat, I am a manlet, but my four years were decent. obviously you deal w/ ptsd too
>>
>>36487369
I mean
I know that I'm a piece of shit that deserves nothing but death but I keep getting talked out of suicide and now that I haven't had a suicidal thought for approximately 3 months now, I kinda want to keep the positive feelings for long as I can muster. positive is good.

if I didn't want help and guidance, I'd post a get thread on /b/ for killing myself on cam
>>
>>36487409
should I kill myself? that hasn't crossed my mind in a while and it's refreshing to not have to worry about it. if you'd like, I could send you what little I have and blow my brains out tonight.
>>
>>36487432
like, I didn't claim any disability and I probably never will. I'm too proud to do so. any ptsd that I got from the military is my burden to bear, not the government's.
>>
>>36487454
nor do I get bah. I will when my post 9/11 hits and the degree I'm pursuing is in a field that I enjoy and have worked in even when I was in the military. but I won't blow it on dumb shit. I'm a piece of shit, not an idiot.

I like to think that I've dealt with my issues long enough, why is trying to fix them a big deal? should I just become a statistic? a military veteran that commits suicide. he needed help, we should have helped the veterans with mental health issues. we could have done something. he would have had a great life if we helped.
I don't need help, I need a nudge in the right direction. is the right direction death? don't we all deserve death to some extent? life is ultimately meaningless, right? so shouldn't we just get rid of ourselves in hopes that the world will be a better place without us?
>>
>>36487512
I suppose in retrospect I shouldn't have expected any guidance.

ah well. maybe I will kill myself. idk.
>>
how do I delete this thread
>>
>>36487663
>>36487663
Sometimes, you just gotta try.
Stop looking for validation, but earn it yourself.
Suicide is the cheap, dumbass way out.
It's a struggle, we all know it.
So stop thinking, and try hard.
>>
You americans get fucking ptsd from everything
>>
>>36487192
America calls everyone who joins the army for a few years the army a veteran
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.