[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be dumb to try to back squat without anyone to give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: ehh.png (395 KB, 599x593) Image search: [Google]
ehh.png
395 KB, 599x593
Would it be dumb to try to back squat without anyone to give me pointers having never done it before? All I have is YouTube.

Just don't want to fuck up my back.
>>
Nice wig faggot. Jk
>>
If you've never done any squat with anyone maybe. I feel like deadlifts are harder to learn.

I try to keep in mind this: push up from the heels, keep your back straight the whole time.
>>
Make sure to focus the weight into your legs, using the knees as much as you can. And be careful with the types of shoes your using, I would suggest sandals for the first time because they're flat and have a tiny bit of padding.

One last thing, first try the bar with 0 weight added. If you find it too easy then it means to add on at least 2 plates of the 25kg's
>>
No if anything people will give you bad advice, watch Alan thralls video on squatting
>>
>>36484989

Actually, deadlift is considerably easier to learn with the right queues: 1. hands on bar 2. legs to bar without lowering hips, 3. lift chest up. 4. tighten your whole body, but mainly your core 5. lift. This will work for 90% people and only smaller adjustments are needed.

Squats on the other hand can go wrong in so many different ways and you can injure pretty much all parts of your body doing it incorrectly. I'll try to list some of the issues that's common but some uncommon ones as well, starting from the top and the setup.

1. Bar not in the correct position on your back Can injure arms and wrists.
2. Bar not evenly aligned (hard to notice in the mirror since your hand placement can be the same but the position on your back might be off anyway). Can injure arms and wrists.
3. Bar path not nearly 100% vertical. Can injure your lower back.
4. Holding the bar with your wrist instead of it resting on your back. Can injure arms and wrists.
5. Not bracing hard enough. Can injure your lower back.
6. Not tightening your glutes and pointing your dick to the floor (thanks based rippetoe). Can injure your lower back.
7. Not having a wide enough stance. Can injury lower back and knees.
8. Not pushing your knees towards your feet. Can injury lower back and knees.

There's probably 10 more of these things but I just wanted to make the point that the squat is highly technical and it take a long time to really perfect it. People who say "oh you just squat down, what can go wrong" almost always have shitty form. And when I say can injure, I mean that it's pretty likely with prolonged use with this type of form error. I've experienced most of these myself over the years.
>>
>>36484967
I watched loads of youtube videos, did tons of mob work so I could squat properly and I filmed myself every workout for a month straight

havent snapped my shit up yet. I low bar back squat and superset high bar for them quads.
>>
>>36484967
watch youtube videos and start with just the bar. videotape yourself and review your own form. add weight accordingly
>>
>>36485477
>>36485614

Do you guys just set up a tripod and camera in the gym?
>>
>>36485009
this man is trying to kill you
>>
>>36485180
I don't know I'm pretty new but I feel like squats are easier. Just need to focus on driving through the heels and having a straight back. I don't know how anyone could have problems putting weight on their wrists during a back squat.

Deadlifts are hard because you have two alternative lifts, one through the heels and one through the hips. You also have to think about not lifting with your lower back. I don't know.
>>
start by alternating between the smith machine and squatting on the rack using only the bar/super light weight

work your way from there
>>
Just do whatever you want. You'll be fine.

Make sure you try to have some HIP DHRIVE though.
>>
Just practice loads with the unweighted barbell to get your form correct.

Seriously though, if you go in slap a couple of pl8s on and starting squatting, you're going to have a bad time. The important thing for starting any compound lift is making sure your form is clean and correct. It does not matter how much weight you have on as long as your form is correct.
>>
>>36485900

Post a video and we can assess. Squats "feel" okay most of the time, despite how you do them. Deadlifts feel wrong the moment you're doing them wrong. At least for me.
>>
I started that w8 m8. Just read the fucking literature about excercises and technique, than go very light and once you have control you start adding w8. Is not that hard.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.