[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poorfag oly barbell?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 4L_wsHExOma.jpg (89 KB, 656x343) Image search: [Google]
4L_wsHExOma.jpg
89 KB, 656x343
What's the best and cheapest option for a 7' 45lbs olympic barbell for homegym usage. Poorfag here so basically want the cheapest shit that won't snap or fuck my shit up and will last a long time. Bonus if i can order it via amazon. I just have no idea which brand/model to buy. Thnx bros we're all gonna make it!
>>
>>36484422
you dont need a belt yet. dyel?
>>
File: 4L_YlIONnNl.jpg (95 KB, 642x722) Image search: [Google]
4L_YlIONnNl.jpg
95 KB, 642x722
>>36485659
I'm looking for a barbell recommendation not a belt. Idk what you mean by that. I don't use a belt or gloves when I lift because I was raised as a heterosexual.
>>
>>36484422
you want this. http://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-Olympic-1000-Pound-Capacity/dp/B001K4OPY2/
>>
Rogue Beater Bar
>>
>>36484422
Cap barbell on amazon. Its a black bar with silver ends. 135 bucks I think. Rated for 1k lbs.
>>
>>36485954
>he thinks education can actually alter someone's sexuality
I bet you also have a degree in gender studies.
>>
What's a good brand for a cheap squat rack?
>>
If you browse craigslist you can find a bar for like $40. These are fine for anything under 3 plate

When you start repping more than that, you should buy a real barbell, I got one from Rogue for like $300, it's fucking fantastic (stiff, for powerlifting movements). The stuff you find at 24 Hour Fitness or LA Fitness can't even come close to comparing.

If you want to do actual oly lifts though you should get a bar with some whip, might be more expensive.

I would not suggest going the middle road and getting some shit thing off Amazon. A professional bar is a very long-term investment and will last you for a long long time. The cheap bar can also be used as a warm-up bar for convenience, or re-sold for the $40 you paid to get it.
>>
>>36486121
Titanis good. dicks sporting goods' fitness gear shit is rated for 600 pounds about and the go for around 250-300.
>>
>>36486122

My local gym has a texas bar. It's easy to pull the slack out of it without lifting it off the ground -- is that what "whip" describes?
>>
>>36486181
Thanks, I'll look into it
>>
>>36486195
Yes.
>>
>>36484422
holy my dick sauce on that qt in the OP pic?
>>
>>36486228

Don't bars with lots of whip suck for bench/pressing movements?
>>
>>36486269
Madison Davenport
>>
>>36486269
Yeah she's hot as fuck. In my opinion her face looks kind of like a real life anime character. She's in the Dusk Til Dawn TV series.
>>
>>36485970
Yea i think i'm going to go with this for now. Thanks anon
>>
>>36486195

That is not what whip means
>>
>>36486332
Usually bars with a bit of whip only start after 3-4pl8 anyway. You're right, but most people don't even notice because they're not elite status.
>>
>>36485954
ronnie coleman uses both
>>
>>36485954
>I don't use a belt or gloves when I lift because I was raised as a heterosexual.
I'm sure you know better than every single top coach and strength athlete.
>>
>>36488288
>implying i lift for strength
>>
>>36486811
oh god she looks like shes the perfect amount of chubby too hnng
>>
>>36488511
I came
>>
dem toes
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.