[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I heard that the body will only absorb 20-30g of protein per
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
I heard that the body will only absorb 20-30g of protein per meal. Anything in excess will be shitted out or converted to glucose. Thoughts \fit\?
>>
It will absorb all of it.

Gluconeogenesis doesn't happen due to excess protein.
>>
Stop this broscience op
>>
>>36482992
Not
I just dont want to eat X amount of protein and not have it all absorbed
>>
>>36482926
if you eat to much protein your body will think it needs to convert protein into energy. then, your body will begin to digest is own muscles, including your own heart.
>>
>>36483190
noice
>>
>>36482926
Excess protein is deaminated (nitrogen group removed) and excreted in urea or stored as glucose via the liver. AthleanX has a good video about how much protein you can absorb, etc. in one sitting and the studies that led to misunderstanding in gym culture.
>>
>>36483190
Actually your body doesn't start with your heart. It starts by eating your digesting your mouth until your lower face is just skin. Then you can't eat any protein at all ever again
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 400x267
Excess protein only fucks you up if you already have kidney problems.
Also I feel like my body will give me signs that I'm consuming too much protein. You shouldn't be eating more than 1g per pound of LBM
>>
While there's probably a limit to what your body can absorb in one meal, I'd have to think it's substantially higher than 30 grams. Gaining weight would be extremely difficult otherwise. You'd have to eat like six full meals a day just to begin to gain weight.
>>
>>36482926
>muh proteins
>>
>>36483262
That is a sad story.
>>
You absorb all protein eaten in one sitting up to something like 3 grams per lb of body weight. Your intestines slow down absorption until you digest all of it. Why don't you research it like i did instead of asking an autism board?
>>
>>36482947
half true. gluconeogenesis is caused by an excess of protein in the absence of carbs
>>
If this were true, weight loss would be a fucking breeze
>>
Do people in this thread understand amino acids and ATP?

Does not look like it.
>>
File: 1355286531819.jpg (38 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1355286531819.jpg
38 KB, 500x275
>amino acids turning into glucose

Take some biochem and come back to /fit/...
>>
>>36483962
its actually not true
>>
>>36487320
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluconeogenesis
>>
>>36482926
This has been debunked. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/
>>
>>36487383
I don't think I iterated my point correctly. If you are eating a high protein meal and are not Carbohydrate deficient, your liver will not create glucose from alpha-keto acids. Only if you are lacking of glucose will this process of gluconeogenesis occur.
>>
This is why it's pointless to stop eating carbs. Your body will automatically produce glucose in your body regardless if you eat them or not.
>>
You always 'absorb' all the protein, however anything more than ~25g has the same affect on MPS
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.