[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you eat broccoli, do you also eat the stem and leaf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 600x450
When you eat broccoli, do you also eat the stem and leaf
>>
>>36482447
Any nigga that says he don't eat the stem and the leaf is a goddamn liar.
You damn right.
I eat the stem, I eat the leaf, I eat every motherfucking thing.
>>
I don't eat the main stem but I eat the branch stems
>>
File: broccoli_vitamins.jpg (70 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
broccoli_vitamins.jpg
70 KB, 600x400
>>36482447
>>36482485
Nigga what leaves?
>>
I tend to trim the trunk part since it has no flavor
>>
>>36482506
The leafy bit nigga, damn.
>>
>>36482561

the stems?
>>
The stalk and 'leaves' are the most nutrient dense parts.

Eat the whole damn thing. Eat it raw too.
>>
>>36482588
>raw
>not roasted in the oven with salt, pepper, and olive oil
>>
File: BroccoLeaf[1].jpg (34 KB, 628x363) Image search: [Google]
BroccoLeaf[1].jpg
34 KB, 628x363
Sometimes my store carries big bundles of full-size broccoli leaves. It's pretty good, it's like collard greens
>>
>>36482635

>collard greens

nig detected but that shit is still good with garlic yum yum
>>
I'm twenty-three years old and just now learned that broccoli has leaves on it. I eat the stem though.
>>
>>36482632
This desu.

I don't care if it literally halves the nutrients, I'll eat twice as much.
>>
>>36482447
Everything but the leaf.

Stem is my favorite part ;^)
>>
>>36484075
>halves the nutrients
The cooking breaks down the cellulose making the nutrients more bioavailable, fampai
>>
>>36482447
cut the stem like chips and fry it. yeeeee buddy
>>
Get a julienne peeler and make noodles out of the stalk. Perfect texture. Better than carrot or zucchini imo.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.