[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fit I have pain and numbness in my forearms I went to the doctor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: forearm_9.jpg (103 KB, 1109x614) Image search: [Google]
forearm_9.jpg
103 KB, 1109x614
Fit I have pain and numbness in my forearms
I went to the doctor and they want to do tests to see if its an elbow problem of a shoulder problem.

The blue circle twitches sometimes when I told my arm too long in certain positions the other circle is a dull pain that shoots into my pinky and ring finger. Those fingers are also numb sometimes. I have little or no weakness of them though.

Advice? experience
>>
>>36482368
That circle is not blue man.
>>
>>36482368
THAT'S PURPLE NOT BLUE.
>>
>>36482368
I think it has to do with your color blindness
>>
>>36482368
I had a similar-ish problem last year OP. I'd have forearm numbness and pain in my wrists and hands; thought it was carpal tunnel. Stretching my shoulders down frequently helped as did fixing my posture when I sit.
>>
>>36482368
If you have forearm/wrist pain, it might have something to do with your curls

try not using the ez bar if you're doing it and take a break on curls in general, then start again with dumbbells/barbell (after warming up your forearms and wrists)

Had this problem with my forearm, apparently ez bar completly fucks my shit up.
>>
>>36483882
Actually hammer curls, chin-ups and rows are enough to build a decent biceps. If you not going to bodybuilding competitions you don't need supinated curls at all.
>>
>>36482368
>there is only one circle and it's not blue

I can't decode your secret message senpai
>>
>>36482368
stretch the fuck out of your outside tri-cep muscle
>>
I know whatcha mean OP. It means that you likely are curling with either poor form, not enough forearm strength, or a combination of the two.

First step would be to cut it on the EZ Bar, second is to do Forearm workouts. Third, if you're in serious agony, is to cut back on the weight or stop curling for a few weeks.

I had this before, and it was agonizing.
>>
>>36485719
what are good tricep stretches?
>>
>>36483882
>>36483923
This and this. I'm guessing your hurting orange by doing curls of some kind. You can switch to another exercise that isn't a straight dumbell/barbell curl that's not twisting your wrist and forearm, like hammer curls, etc.

I had the same forearm pain problem a while back and how I fixed it was by doing forearm strength exercises like wrist curls and plate pinches. I think the logic is that you might be overdoing the bicep curls and you need to strengthen your forearms first or reduce the bicep curl weight.
>>
>>36482368
Look into cubital tunnel syndrome, google it and tell me if those are the symptoms are you are experiencing?
>>
>>36483882
>>36485754

I'm a newer lifter (6 months) and heard supinated curls and hammer curls are better for brachioradialis and forearms (huge weak point in my physique). It hurts a little to do these with a barbell, but should I not be using ez bar either? What's the story? I know forearm is also helped by grip strength from rows, chin ups, etc.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 212x159) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 212x159
>>36487179
>hammer curls with a barbell
>>
>>36487244
Talking about supinated curls with barbell obviously homie.
>>
Probably damage to the lateral nerve. I would stretch out your extensor muscles since they originate from the lateral side of your elbow so tightness could maybe compress the nerve?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.