[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zinc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 81zxUK8qkgL._SY355_.jpg (16 KB, 191x355) Image search: [Google]
81zxUK8qkgL._SY355_.jpg
16 KB, 191x355
How much zinc is too much? Is 50mg a day too much?
>>
Also Gluconate vs Picolinate
>>
Not really.

Unless you start having problems you should be fine.
>>
>>36480378
Like what problems?
>>
>>36480374
Picolinate has a much better absorption rate.

>>36480389
Starting at 100mg my eyes started to twitch uncontrollably and I felt nauseous. 50mg is a regular dose so there shouldn't any problems unless you're like 5'0.
>>
>>36480413
>twitch uncontrollably

Jesus what was that like?
>>
Some would say 50mg daily is too much but if you're working out or active in general it shouldn't be a problem.

I take 50mg picolinate (better absorption) every day and haven't noticed any side effects in like 2 years or so. Mind you, every couple of weeks I'll go a day or two without taking any supps just to allow any build up to dissipate so maybe that matters.

I just know that many people who lift take 50mg a day and never have issues.

That said maybe less is more with zinc so taking 50mg every other day would probably give you everything you need without risking overdosing.
>>
>>36480824
>but if you're working out or active in general it shouldn't be a problem.
Why?
>>
it's fine
>>
>>36481226
You lose zinc when working out.
>>
Prepare to blow loads like a demon
>>
>>36480355

30mg is the recommended dose or just take a zma it has good bioavailability and has magnesium and vitamin b6
>>
I take a 50mg zinc tablet along with a 30mg multivitamin. No problems. Unless you count having alot of jizz a problem.
>>
Actually, it is a problem. Don't foul the internet. The fact is that you will burst that limit along with the additional food you eat. Add your pumpkin seeds and your animal protein and you will screw up your copper level. That's how Descartes died.
>>
>>36482247
He died of pneumonia you lying Cunt.
>>
>>36481497
What are those two good for?
>>
>>36480374
picolinate is supposed to be most readily absorbed
>>
>>36480355
Zinc and copper compete with each other in regards to absorption. Zinc has more affinity, so when doing higher than 50mg a day, it is suggested to supplement with 1-2mg of copper to make sure you're still getting enough copper
>>
>>36482247
pls help is this true
>>
I was taking 50mg dose daily for months and couldn't figure out why I was constantly tired and couldn't focus. Stopped taking it and immediately felt better. However, I'm a 160lb manlet so if your a big guy, you may fare better.

Keep a close eye on yourself and consider lowering the dose if you feel bad.
>>
tolerable upper intake is 40mg/day
>>
>>36482762
The Descartes post is meme, the rest is true.
>>
>>36483590
I've been sleepy before too

what do
>>
>>36483702
So what should I take?
>>
15-30mg is enough, 50mg is a bit too much, 100mg is overkill pretty much.

Stick to 15mg if manlet, 30mg if lanklet.
>>
>>36481480
Myth.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.