[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have moderate to severe Eczema covering my entire body like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
I have moderate to severe Eczema covering my entire body like pic related. Whenever I sweat heavily for whatever reason like say after a workout I end up breaking out into itchy hives where the sweat pools like around my neck, shoulders, forehead, etc. I have some medication I can take but it just knocks me out or turns me into a zombie. Usually the only way I control the itching and keep myself from clawing my skin open and bloody is jumping into a hot shower which actually has the negative effect of drying my skin out.

Are there any tips on how I can control my sweating during exercise? I was doing well with a daily routine for a while but the hassle of always having to deal with a major itching attack afterwards caused me to give up for the time being.
>>
Cover your entire body with chalk
>>
>>36478964
Would regular medicated body powder work? I have to be really careful what I put onto my skin.
>>
See a dermatologist and get a proper action plan for flare-ups I.e. start climbing the topical steroid ladder.

Have you tried a talc powder for the sweating?
>>
>>36478962

It is possible to temporarily disable your sweat glands with botox. They do it for people with exessive sweating. But it's probably expensive.
>>
>>36478979
I use Gold Bond for the worst spots. My Dermatologist usually just sticks me with a cortisone shot and sends me on my way. The effects really only last two weeks or so and then i'm back to regular itching. I also use a whole litany of creams and ointments, like stuff with colloidal oatmeal
>>
File: image.jpg (624 KB, 1784x2608) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
624 KB, 1784x2608
Guys is this eczema?
>>
>>36479107
Lol, the cost of roids.
>>
OP I have something similar called seborrhoeic dermatitis. I've been experimenting with some things people have reported to work. Salt water (just sea salt flakes from the cooking aisle) with warm water, followed by cold water, charcoal soap, cetaphil skin cleanser and gold bond have been working (salt water in the morning, charcoal midday, cetaphil at night) gold bond after each one.

I'm always red after a big workout so i just train at night and find it's healed by the morning when I use the above routine. Hope it helps somewhat. Really comes down to finding what works for you.
>>
File: 20160322_185618.jpg (959 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
20160322_185618.jpg
959 KB, 1836x3264
>>36478962
>>36478962
Do you know what your eczema is caused by?
I had pretty severe eczema all throughout high school then I went to an immunology clinic and found out that is was triggered by allergies.

Got on immunotherapy and now it's completely gone. Some scars still remain like behind my knees which you can see in the pic.
>>
>>36478972
baby powder is designed to keep skin dry to stop nappy rash ie; fungus that thrives in humid environments. you can try it but it will likely make the situation worse, your skin is dry enough as it is.
>>36479090
go to another dermatologist buddy
>>
>>36479130
>>36479127
Probably time to. I'm a bit concerned about immuno-suppression therapy, it's supposed to increase your chances of lymphoma right? I get infections on my fingers and feet often already so it might be bad if my immune system is suppressed.
>>
It's the salt in your sweat making you all itchy, best bet is to shower asap after doing your exercise
>>
File: 3qy45y46.png (359 KB, 456x593) Image search: [Google]
3qy45y46.png
359 KB, 456x593
>>36479590
Nah it's not immuno-suppression.
Pretty much they find out what you're allergic to and slowly acclimate you to them through small increasing doses of your allergens.

So I was allergic to dust, pollen and grass and I got small doses of the allergens injected into me over the course of a couple years. Started out as once a week then once every 2 weeks now down to once a month. In a bit it'll be one every 6 months then a yearly injection.

It's a subcutaneous injection so it's barely a prick of the needle.

Would highly recommend it bro, I remember the first time I could sleep through a whole night without waking up at night from being so fucking itchy all over man, it was a godsend.
>>
>>36478962
dont ever scratch, eczema is just a slightly red patch nothing else. everything else is caused by scratching.

if you need to scratch only ever use the back off your nails, never scratch normally, also put a piece of cloth between your nails and the skin.
other option is just try to rub it lightly. rubbing harshly will break the skin.

were gloves when you go to sleep, even if you dont scratch when awake you will when you sleep.

i have had terrible eczema but most of it was self inflicted because of scratching. after about 15 years i got rid of my scratching reflex.

if masochistic you can pretend some hot girl is teasing your skin while your tied up. so you are unable to stop her.

light therapy could help

best medicine i have ever had was cortisone, this shit works really well, but of course doesn't remove all the self inflicted infected wounds.
>>
I used to have severe eczema all over my body. Used to manically put creams all over it which did nothing but make my skin even worse.

Stopped eating gluten first. Most of it disappeared completely. Now I'm on keto and I literally have zero eczema.
>>
>>36478962
who's the cutie and what's her story?
>>
>>36479107
I have the same shit and I don't even roid. Feels itchy, man.

Don't even wanna know how much worse it would get if I started roiding.
>>
Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize. Get a good moisturizer and slap it on your body everytime after you shower. It will help greatly
>>
>>36478962
CLOBETASOL
>>
Take antihistamines, have oat baths to sooth itching, use a lactic acid based moisturiser such as Eucerin and keep your body covered. A few sun beds wouldn't hurt either.

Steroid based creams thin the skin and cause early aging and pigment damage. Use as a last resort.
>>
>>36479721
How bad are the side effects?
>>36479743
Man I've always scratched, my whole life. I even have a problem with picking the skin. I try to reduce the damage as much as possible but it doesn't always work.
>>36479966
>>36480095
Us it after every bath. I use eczema therapy lotion with %2 colloidal oatmeal. And I do all >>36480095 or have tried it. lactic acid burns like shit. I use cortisone ointment during really bad flareups.
>>
File: 1448957487084.png (447 KB, 600x414) Image search: [Google]
1448957487084.png
447 KB, 600x414
>>36478962
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-asthma-and-eczema-with-plant-based-diets/

http://nutritionfacts.org/questions/is-hempseed-oil-beneficial-to-adults-with-eczema/

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?25652-Vegan-Diet-Reverses-Eczema
>>
>>36480095
Steroid creams do cause dermal thinning but I think that the key is to not be using them at high doses in the long term - it's better to use a high dose and properly get therapeutic levels and then level off then it is to use ineffective doses over a longer period
>>
>>36480115
change how you scratch.
like i said go in the opposite direction and use the back of your nails.
>>
>>36480115
Then it's the scratching. You really need to get that shit under control because whatever potion you use every time you scratch you will be kicking off the histamine reaction. I would cut dairy as well.
>>
>>36480126
Thanks what I mean, when it's all red and angry steroid creams do calm that shit down, but so do oat baths. Gentle exfoliation helps too.
>>
>>36480115
No side effects lad. Or none that I've experienced. It did take a while for it to start to take effect.
>>
>>36480147
I'll ask a dermatologist about it. I'm gonna go sometime this week, Just got my Health Insurance squared away.
>>36480127
>>36480135
It all depends on how bad the itch is. Really I'm not gonna be able to prevent myself from damaging my skin, my only way forward I see is to control the itching as much as possible.
>>
>>36480119
and then there's this guy
>>
>>36480135
>I would cut dairy as well
not OP but I tried many changes in diet
I found out that that didn't influence my outbreaks

then my dad left for 2 months and it was practically gone

should I kill my dad?
>>
>>36480186
Does he stress you out?
>>
>>36480166
dude im not saying diet will cure eczema
not trying it before meds is stupid
>>
>>36480201
he fucking pisses me off whenever he opens his god forsaken gabber

also, he's unaesthetic af
unfortunately I can't afford to move right now
>>
>>36480186

You know what to do.
>>
>>36480225
I get flare ups with stress as well. Treat the symptoms until you get out.
>>
>>36479107
roiding fuck btfo
>>
>>36478962
1/2

Here's the hard truth bud, you're not really going to get anything to control your sweat. The only way to achieve comfort is to figure out figure out what the cause of your eczema is. It's going to be a really hard and long road. IF you don't topical steroid withdrawal, then common sense and good discipline, you can get your eczema into a manageable state in about 1 - 2 years.

If you have people in your life who can support you, I.E able to grant you flexible work/school/meals and sleep, then that's great, take advantage of it. Eczema is both a physical and psychological disability. I took two years out of Uni, work and lifting to get my shit in check and whilst it was a long road it was definitely worth it. I'm not 100% clear, that's probably impossible with this shit, but I can sleep well 9/10 nights a week and have no sort of discomfort or rashes 99% of the time.

Most likely it'll be food and/or your environment. Get an allergy test done, preferably a blood one asap. It'll be a good start but there's only so much they can check.

I'd recommend going as raw as possible with your diet. No processed food. Just stick to bland shit like rice, chicken and broccoli, as that's likely not going to be doing you much harm. Having said that, everyone is different. Make a log of everything you eat, and any reactions you have (or don't have). Google to find out other peoples allergies on eczema forums and such. Uncommon ones can be nightshades and even fruits. Try to find correlations. It might be hard at first if your scratching all the time and have wounds and rashes everywhere, but after awhile if you can get your skin to calm down, it'll become obvious when something triggers you.
>>
>>36480286
2/2

For your environment, have a MAJOR clean up of where you sleep and live. MOLD and dust mites are huge contributors that people just don't notice. Wash your sheets often, at least once a week(with minimal detergent, lots of hot water). You might want to look into getting a fresh mattress and bedding. There's anti-dust mite bedding out there if you look for it.

When outside, be cautious of pollen, grass, even things like oak can be a trigger. My dermatologist explained to me that a shit ton of people, including myself, can have a shit ton allergies to grass and trees but generally won't notice it for whatever reason. Ask for it to be checked for in a blood test and experiment a bit.

This is where it can get tricky. The sun and UV therapy can be god sends or nightmares. Ask a dermatologist about getting UV therapy. Test out how your skin reacts to sun bathing. For me it does fucking wonders. I live in bongland but if I lived somewhere that had frequent good sun I'd probably never even notice I have eczema because the sun heals my skin so well. I'm taking like being able to see with the naked eye huge healing from one day to the next. UV therapy along with learning to control your triggers can do wonders in helping your skin heal so you can monitor any new scratching and rashes.

Baths. Bleach baths do fucking magic at preventing infection and aiding in healing. 1/2 a cup of thin bleach in an average bath will do the trick. Make sure there isn't any extra shit added to the bleach. Detox baths such as epsom salt and dead sea salt helped me a huge amount as a natural way to exfoliate my skin, combined with moisturizing after wards, it's like you've got a new set of skin. Might not be for you but maybe give it a shot.

Just try and give yourself space to work on your eczema. Stress is often mentioned as a trigger, so don't try to juggle a million things at once, or you'll just exhaust yourself. There's no miracle cure, but you can control it. GL
>>
>>36480286
>>36480312

Wow, that's useful advice. It took you two years to make it manageable? Damn. I had no idea eczema could get that bad. I'm happy it worked out for you, anon.
>>
>>36479743
Don't scratch is futile mom-tier science advice. Scratching is a side effect, not the cause. The will power required not to scratch is practically impossible without the aid of an ice bath to distract yourself.

Cortisone creams can work as a temporary solution, they're handy to have around, but they merely delay the inevitable. If you become dependent on them then they will become redundant.

>>36480119
Garbage. Fruits and vegetables can be triggers for some peoples eczema such as myself.

>>36478962
Also OP, what moisturizer are you using? Allergies to ingredients in commercial moisturizers are common. The one I currently use, 'hydromol ointment', is thicker and greasier than vaseline but it works wonders and is pretty bland ingredients wise. Might need to get a prescription for it however. I would not recommend using coconut or olive oil or anything like that since they make you smell awful.
>>
>>36479015
Good job, now she will start sweating in other places and get the problem there instead.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.