[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fatass here. Started new diet/exercise program. The hunger hurts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10
File: 1344640969091.jpg (48 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1344640969091.jpg
48 KB, 550x413
Fatass here. Started new diet/exercise program.

The hunger hurts like a motherfucker.

Are there any tips to avoid it?

>I've tried drinking water, but it doesn't really help
>Start protein supplement?
>Eat different foods?
>Do any of the "hunger suppressants" I've seen in the store work?
>>
File: 03.jpg (375 KB, 960x700) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
375 KB, 960x700
>>36476618
eat spicy food. capsacin suppresses appetite and speeds up your metabolism. cleanses your bowels too
>>
>>36476618
yohimbine HCL helps, but you wont find that at a gnc or jew store like that

Coffee, learn to drink black coffee like water, it will kill hunger easily

Stay warm

take a nap or sleep if you know youre gonna cave

eat greens to fill your shit up
>>
Eat foods with high fiber like carrots.

Drink coffee.

Stop being a bitch.
>>
>>36476618
post your diet

When I'm hungry and on a cut I just eat some leafy greens. Drinking green tea helps sometimes too
>>
>>36476618
Yes, but they are glorified caffeine. If you want to supress hunger but not jump right into something like ECA. Just take caffeine, coffee or green tea
>>
>>36476618
learn to like salads/green vegetables. You can eat an entire bag of frozen broccoli and another of frozen cauliflower and you're only getting like 250 calories. Cook it in a frying pan with spices and some coconut oil or that calorie free butter oil spray and that's a ton of filling food for very little calories.

For dinner at work I get a tub of arugula/spinach mix, a cucumber, three roma tomatoes, an avocado, and a chicken breast. Makes a fucking gigantic salad and depending on the dressing I use, hardly any calories compared to how much food I'm shoving in my mouth. Sometimes I drop the chicken breast and it's even less.

Just be sure to look at calories if you're doing vegetables cause not all veggies are the same. I had a friend who was bitching about not losing weight and saying he was eating nothing but veggies and turns out he was eating a ton of corn and beans. Some veggies are pretty calorie dense.
>>
>>36476672
I don't really have a set diet. I count calories, and try to eat something roughly like the food pyramid.

Today I ate (in no particular order)

small summer sausage/bread sandwich (300-400 cal)
diet drink (190 cal)
cheerios/milk (250 cal)
large apple (120 cal)
spagetti/sauce (500-600 cal)

I'll have another diet drink and apple (or something similar) before I go to bed.

I'll try the leafy greens idea. I don't really like them, but I should look up some recipes.
>>
>>36476618
Well are you hungry because you want to eat something or is your stomach about bust through your chest cavity like a xenomorph?

The first on can be cured by cutting sugar and carbs, the later will mean you need to preserve until your stomach shrinks a bit and it resets your 'I'm empty' button
>>
>>36476771
>bread
>cereal/milk
>Fruit
>Spaghetti

lot of sugar/carbs
>>
>>36476795
I think it's the first one.
>>
>>36476822

if it's just pure hunger, lookup keto, I use to get super hungry about an hour or two after eating the same way but the low carb thing works.

if it's one thing in particular, try to think why you are craving it. Sometimes it can be you just need sodium or some nutrient.
>>
>>36476814
This. Absolutely shit tier foods. Cut carbs add more fat and protein. Coconut / coconut oil. Avocado, meats. Carbs make you hungry, fat satiates
>>
>>36476618
>Wanting to avoid the pain that is supposed to be teaching you a lesson
You're not going to make it acting like that faggot
>>
>>36476771
This better be a fucking troll. If it is, fuck off. If its not, fucking stop what your doing and read up before asking again.
>>
>>36476618
>The hunger hurts like a motherfucker.
>hurts
What do you mean by this? I've never experienced pain from not eating. I just feel weak and shaky.
>>
>>36476916
You don't feel a constant emptiness in your stomach? It's not exactly pain, but because it's constant, it's very irritating.

>>36476914
I posted a single day. I don't normally eat that many carbs.
>>
>>36476965
How do your diet drinks have calories
>>
>>36476618
Get used to it.

It's hard I'm going through it too. Just don't have a huge calorie deficit so it's not beyond unbearable
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 550x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 550x387
Does everyone experience hunger pain? I've been ravenously hungry in my life and gone over 24 hours without eating a single calorie and all kinds of shenanigans, but I've never felt literal pain from hunger. Someone describe it in detail plz.
>>
>>36476988
kek
>>
>>36476988
Not diet soda. I stopped soda. It's a drink for people on a diet:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Weight-Loss-Shake-6-Pack/10423548
>>
>>36476771

You can be insanely full all fucking day, like bloated as fuck, and you're never going to eat again at like 1000 calories.

You know how much raw vegetables you need to eat to reach 1000 calories? The sheer volume is huge.

You're eating a shitload of calorie dense foods that have very little nutritional value. Insanely high carbs and very little protein. You don't need to actively avoid all carbs, but you could easily ditch the spaghetti for chicken and spinach and be way fucking better off.

Just find some vegetables you like and have them to snack on.
>>
>>36476618

As others have said, you'll get used to it. Biochemically, your body feels like it's starving because your insulin levels are much lower than you're used to. And your insulin has been spiked so high for so many years by your terrible eating habits that your brain cannot actually detect your leptin. Leptin is the hormone released by fat cells that lets your brain know, "hey, we have a shit ton of energy."

>Start protein supplement?

This is what I did when I first started. A 2-4 scoop shake is extremely filling. Your body will take a long time to process 50 grams of instantly delivered protein.

Nothing works as well as caffeine. If you already have a caffeine tolerance, you're shit out of luck when it comes to supplements.
>>
>>36476965
>I posted a single day. I don't normally eat that many carbs.

Yeah, I dont care. If I were to write a plan on how to have no energy, feel like shit and give up on diets before losing any weight, I would have written what you described your diet as.
>>
File: 1441678556375.gif (856 KB, 175x200) Image search: [Google]
1441678556375.gif
856 KB, 175x200
>>36476771

Bread(high carbs)
Diet soda(might be associated with increased appetite)
Cheetos(carbs)
Apple(Carbs and some fiber)
Spaghetti(Carbs)

I'm starting to see a problem here. Carbs spike insulin and drive up blood sugar, causing the food you eat to store in your fat cells, then when your blood sugar starts to tank your body tells you to eat.

Carbs aren't the devil, but they should be restricted and eaten from high quality sources with fiber. You will also tend to notice that carb heavy foods have tons of sugar in them, the bread you ate PROBABLY has some form of sugar, the pasta sauce on your spaghetti PROBABLY has sugar in that too.

Eat high quality fat and protein and you won't have huger problems. Fat is higher in calories per gram but has a higher level of satiation and doesn't promote insulin production.
>>
>>36477008
(I'm OP)

It's not pain in the same way getting cut or whacked hurts. It's like your stomach is empty, and it's so constant that it becomes irritating.

Remember "I'm going to throw up" feeling in your stomach? That's the closest thing I can compare it to.
>>
You have to get used to it. Eat 1000 calories for a week. Then you'll feel full on 1500
>>
>>36477045

My nigga

Ive been trying to tell people this for years and they look ar me like im an idiot

>muh low fat high carb diet
>>
>>36476640

I can confirm the opposite
>>
>>36477036
>If you already have a caffeine tolerance, you're shit out of luck when it comes to supplements.
Well, I basically quit caffeine the same time I started the diet. Since I stopped drinking soda.

Is that part of it? How long will it take for me to get used to the no-caffeine diet?
>>
>>36477066
Oh ok. I just call that hunger.
>>
>>36476618
Cut the sugary drinks. Instead eat that calorie
>>
>>36477115
How long have you been on this diet?
>>
Have you tried metamucil? that will fill your stomach.
>>
>>36476771
>small summer sausage/bread sandwich (300-400 cal)

Very little protein, Im assuming the shit youre eating is also low fat. It also has little nutrition.

>diet drink (190 cal)

Thats not a diet drink, its a meal replacement. Dont drink that shit

>cheerios/milk (250 cal)

Waste of calories with little to no nutrition, except for the milk

>large apple (120 cal)

first good thing on your list, but it is high in sugar

>spagetti/sauce (500-600 cal)

Low nutrition, high cheap carb waste of calories

>I'll have another diet drink and apple (or something similar) before I go to bed.

Dont drink meal replacements, and two apples is a lot of sugar

Seriously, where are your proteins? Eggs, meat, poultry, fish? Everything you eat, minus the apple comes in a box. This is a shitty way to eat. Eat veggies, eat proteins that have a shelf life of less than a year, Eat foods with nutrients and supplement with cheap grains when you have to in order to meet your calories, since you are trying to lose weight, this should be minimal for a while unless you are a really poor fag, then use rice and potatoes or something.
>>
>>36477115

That's a small part of it. If you were only getting your caffeine from soda, your tolerance is probably alright.

You can buy pills of the stuff. Start with 100 mg (a half a pill) a day - taken with your first meal. If it's too much, take a quarter pill. If it's too littler, take a whole pill. If 200 mg (just about 2 cups of coffee) doesn't help, then you're going to have to suffer through it.

What is this life, if not the weathering of a storm of suffering? Blessed by rays of happiness when the sun breaks through the clouds.
>>
Alright, I'm getting the gist of this thread. Kill the carbs. Eat a ton of low-calorie/high-fiber vegetables (carrots/spinach/broccoli/cauliflower/etc). Stop being a bitch. Drink coffee or green tea.

>>36477045
Not diet soda. One of those high-vitamin/high-fiber/high-protein diet drinks that's always marketed to women. Apparently /fit/ hasn't heard of them.

But the food pyramid shows bread/pasta/cereal and similar high-carb foods to be the primary portion of the diet. Is this misleading? I'm clearly eating the wrong type of high-carb foods.

>the bread you ate PROBABLY has some form of sugar, the pasta sauce on your spaghetti PROBABLY has sugar in that too
I can confirm that.
>>
>>36477128
A week and a half.
>>
>>36477168
>meal replacement. Dont drink that shit
Why not? It was recommended by a friend who (I think) knew what he was talking about.
>>
>>36477168
>Seriously, where are your proteins?
The two diet drinks are 10g protein each. Often my big meal (today it was spagetti) is high-protein.
>>
>>36477193
Ok, I'm going to try modifying my diet first, and then add pills if necessary.
>>
>>36476618
chew gum, drink water, eat a handfull of nuts, eat chicken, get canned vegetables. lots of ways to feel full.
>>
>>36477252
>Is this misleading?

Misleading, no. IMO its flat out wrong. I will be obese and starving eating that way. I know because I was for 5 years until I drastically cut down on the processed carbs. 90% of my carbs come from fruit, veggies and milk now and I can maintain my weight with little to no exercise. Obviously I do better with exercise. Your mileage may vary.

>>36477291
>>36477344
>still not a diet drink
>no pasta is "high protein"

Most of the nutrients are not highly bio-available, so you are pissing out most of the meal replacements. One tenth of a lbs of chicken will get you more protein. They are normally loaded with sugar as well. If you want to lose weight without being hungry just try eating real food in reasonable amounts.
>>
>>36477112
Why?
>>
>>36477252

>But the food pyramid shows bread/pasta/cereal and similar high-carb foods to be the primary portion of the diet. Is this misleading? I'm clearly eating the wrong type of high-carb foods.

Yes, it's a super long story but when fat(and saturated fat) were "found" to "cause" heart disease leading officials decided that if fat should be limited, carbs should therefore be increased to fill in the gap. Not everyone can process high amounts of protein so that was out as the dominant source of calories.

The idea that fat and saturated fat cause heart disease has been coming under attack fairly recently. What seems to cause heart disease, diabetes and increased fat accumulation is SUGAR. This is all still fairly new stuff so we don't really know for sure.

I would stay away from all refined carbohydrates, it's hard at first but it gets easier as time goes on. Replacing refined carbs with natural, nutrient dense food will solve most of your problems. When your body gets calories without nutrients you will ALWAYS feel hungry because your body isn't getting what it needs to function. There are of course great sources of nutrition in foods high in carbohydrates, you just probably won't find them in your local grocery store.
>>
File: 21476632.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
21476632.png
260 KB, 563x542
>>36476875
YEAH BUT DUDE FAT IS bAD IT GAINZ U WEIGHT!!!?!?!!
>>
>>36476618
When I first started, I was starving at least half the day. It gets better once you lose the weight, the pain goes away all together. Also, stop eating like shit nigger.
>>
>>36476618

Nobody here mentioned protein fluff.

Protein fluff
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 500x415
>>36477585
BUT PHAM CaRBZ IS DA DEVIL!!!1!! EET BUTTEr END BACUN ALL DAY LONG!!!!
>>
>>36477585
>>36477685

What meme is this?
>>
>>36477710
Keto.
>>
>>36477720
is keto spanish for pepe now?
>>
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-25.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-25.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>>36477783
that would be "pépé" my man
>>
How do fat people keep eating, like seriously. I'm on a bulk and I can barely get 3kcal inside of my body without feeling like vomitting.
>>
>>36477869

Bigger Stomachs, dieting is like being a 500lbs BBW with a 5' 1" Asian BF with a micropenis, rarely are you satisfied.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 400x278
>>36477869
They're probably not eating 3000+ calories of chicken breast and brown rice everyday.
>>
>>36477911
Oh right, I guess it's hard to stuff your face if your meals have like 600-800 cals and are massive.
>>
>>36477911
holy shit
>>36477869
i wonder the same thing cause im in the same situation, i guess if you don't give a fuck what you eat it's not as hard
>>
>>36477911
>At first I thought that was a "heath shake"
>>
>>36477971
Eat a large pizza and drink a couple sodas in a day. Its not hard
>>
I'm 2 weeks into a psmf where I'm eating only 900 kcal a day, but I'm also doing ECA stack. Because of that I practically have to force myself to eat, no appetite at all.
>>
>>36476618
forrmer fatty here, eventually your stomach will shrink and also after a while of resisting and saying no EVERY TIME you dont crave it anymore. find something to consume yourself in, like a new hobby.
>>
>>36476618
Look up "negative calorie" vegetables. There are some vegetables, like carrots and some others, which take more calories to digest than they contain. So you can eat them with impunity. Find out which are which, and eat those when you're hungry. If you can figure out how to make some sort of 0-calorie ranch dip or whatever, just dip your raw veggies in that shit. Boom-shaka-lak-la.
>>
>>36477008
GOD, that looks delicious.
>>
>>36478421
I love you bro. That's chicken piccata. It's my favorite food on the planet.
>>
File: 1VwSKq.png (557 KB, 755x738) Image search: [Google]
1VwSKq.png
557 KB, 755x738
>>36476771

mirroring what others have said, youre eating too manyc arbs. carbs make you feel hungry fairly soon after you eat them. for breakfast make sure you eat something with a lot of proteina nd fat, like sausages and veggies or a protein shake or whatever. youll be full for like 4+ hours.

when i was really poor i would eat a few spoonfuls of crunchy peanut butter for breakfast or peanut butter and celery and i would be sooo fucking full the idea of eating would make me crazy. thats about 300 calories and i wouldnt eat again for like 5 hours.

throw down some spoonfuls of flax or coconut oil, add avocado to everything, eat more veggies and protein. do NOT start the day eating a sandwich ever again, also cheerios are shit.

you need to look up blood sugar and how it makes you ravenously hungry and how to avoid it

supplements that curb blood sugar spikes:
cinnamon, garcinia cambogia (get some super citrimax on amazon), r-lipolic acid

trust meeeeee
>>
>>36477911
Insulin shock from this thing. Super carbs and sugar, what the fuck.

Any more examples of crazy high caloric food?
>>
Reduce carb intake. Get lots of fiber and water.

No to maybe. But get ephedrine instead. Reasonable doses of caffeine + ephedrine (the EC or ECA stack) is actually safer than very large doses of caffeine. (But unreasonable doses of ephedrine are pretty dangerous, so take care).
>>
>>36477869
People are different. Quelle surprise.
Some people are just naturally hungrier than others, just like some people have natively higher VO2 Max, or produce less lactase.
>>
I have a water heater on my living room (where I spend most of my time) desk that I always keep full of water so it's always ready for use. I drink about 10 cups of tea a day, it really helps. Consider milkless tea, the calories add up when you drink tea like it's your business.
Also carrots. Unlike fruits, they actually keep the hunger away. Go with the more expensive ones. You can get carrots for darn cheap, but they are dry and tasteless and just crumble in your mouth and generally inedible. Good carrots are juicy and sweet.

Regards, 90lbs down since last summer.
>>
>>36478550
Electric kettle, not water heater.
>>
>>36476618
Read the sticky
Get a mouth fedora (worked for me at least)
Read the sticky
Dont give up
You're gonna make it brah
Read the sticky
>>
Not OP but cant you just eat like a spoonful of coconut oil and itll clear your hunger pangs?
>>
>>36476618
Mineral supplements, because your body won't feel as hungry if your nutrient levels are all topped off. Lots of people take a vitamin supplement but vitamins are easier to get from your diet than minerals, our soil and food is critically undermineralized, and your body can't even absorb vitamins if it's undermineralized, that's why fucking SCURVY of all things is starting to make a comeback.

You also want to look into eating spicy food, avocados, and lots of fruits and veggies. And make sure you're pushing a lot of salad on yourself, nobody gets enough dark, leafy greens.

I also want to recommend ginger, start learning about ginger, start drinking ginger tea, cook with it, bake with it, make smoothies, whatever.
>>
>>36477461
Eating anything spicy creates a fucking vortex in my stomach freeing up space and I can gorge myself on and on and on. If I eat a regular-sized meal that's spicy it feels like maaaaybe half of what it should.
>>
>>36478054
it is tho
>>
>>36478087
yeah it always blew my mind that people even ever got to 600lbs but then I realized people drink multiple whole 2 liters and a pizza by themselves
>>
>>36476618
stop being a little bitch and fight it, eventually it will go away. it will help you saying no when others offer you things as well
>>
>>36477025
>weightloss shake
>190 kcal in a drink
How fucking dumb are you?
Just because it says diet it doesn't mean it wouldn't be better to just not tale it at all.
>>
>>36476618
instead of fasting and eating one time a day eat the same amount of calories you're already getting but spread out through the day, that way you have food in your stomach most of the time and because of it your metabolism rises
>>
File: chicken.jpg (73 KB, 600x414) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
73 KB, 600x414
>>36476618
Eating habits are habits like anything else. Can be reprogrammed.

Best to start doing a 16/8 intermittent fast. Only eat in an 8 hour window, such as 12-8pm.

If you plan to do a workout during your fast time, take some BCAA 30 mins before you begin.

In less than a week you will not have those hunger pains before mid-day.
>>
>>36479486
That pic was quite an effective apetite supressant anon.
>>
>>36479486
>that pic

jesus
>>
>>36476618
Ever since coming down with cancer I never feel hungry any more. I just get light headed if I haven't eaten for 8 hours. You could try that?
>>
>>36476618
As a former fatshit, consuming protein of all kinds is what helped the most.

It is mostly mental though, you'll get used to the smaller amounts of food.
>>
>>36476618
Cut out sugar and starch, add more fibrous vegetables.

Don't start exercising until you've learned how to control your hunger with fewer calories -- one thing at a time.
>>
>>36476618
stimulants
>ephedrine
>amphetamines
>methylphenidate
>caffeine
>>
>>36479757
All the best dude.
>>
>>36476618
You need more fiber to keep you full.
I suggest you eat lots of fruits when you start to get hungry.

here is a lunch suggestion that helps my fat ass when I am dieting.
1 apple
1 banana
1 pack blue/blackberries
1 light yogurt
1 cup ice
blenderize until smoothie. It keeps me full for a long time, and it has a shitload of fiber.

Its going to make you piss out a ton of excess water as well
>>
>>36478539
TFW u have thalassemia so you make lactic acid immediatly, almost no ability to aerobic exercise.
>>
>Have a half cup of oatz with a cup of almond milk, with a handful of blueberries mixed in for your first meal of the day
>Whenever possible, get your protein from fatty fish
>Eat large quantities of greens (spinach/broccoli/kale) with every meal
>Drink black coffee or water with every meal
>Eat a portion of quinoa or legumes with lunch
>Eat a banana or apple if you're dragging ass
Basically watch your carbs, eat the right kind of carbs, avoid processed and refined carbs like the plague, eat lots of nutrient dense/low calorie vegetables with each meal, salmon/tuna/sardines are god tier for satiation because they're high in protein and contain the right kind of fats.

Don't worry about mercury; it's only an issue with fish higher up in the food chain. Try and eat salmon or tuna at least once a day. Chicken and turkey is fine too, and beef is actually really good for you too, provided it's grass-fed and hormone/antibiotic free.

Source: Me, a former fat fuck who learned a lot through research, trial, and error.
>>
>>36476618
Eat a kilogram of low-calorie vegetables.
Should be around 400 calories.

Starchy veggies aren't lowcal.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.