[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hurt Pec while Benching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ChestPain.png (245 KB, 349x311) Image search: [Google]
ChestPain.png
245 KB, 349x311
I hurt my Pec while benching. The pain in the pec is what I would describe as an extreme tightness/streching pain. the pain is in the outer portion of my Pec Minor. I can do close grip perfect form incline bench with minimal to no pain; however, when trying to perform regular bench press, it hurts if I try to do it with more than just the bar. The pain has been like this for about 1 1/2 weeks now. I need this fixed up ASAP. Any advice?
>>
OP again, also I was wondering that while I'm injured what exercises I should try and sub in for benching in order to keep as much mass/strength on my bench as possible
>>
Foam roll and get over it x f
>>
>>36476227
I've been rolling it out with a golf ball every day, doing stretches for it, etc. It's helped the pain a bit but I still can't bench without semi-severe pain and I don't want to risk making the injury worse and prolonging it.
>>
Ice it

Heat it

Don't use it for 2 weeks.

Yur welcome.
>>
>>36476403
Make sure you hit the back side. May want to research it but I seem to remember a video about foam rolling your upper back area to help with that pain rather than the area in pain itself.
>>
>>36476209
I have the same prob. I'm sticking with flies and incline Dumbbells while it heals. Actually seeing some gains.
>>
same thing happened to me when i failed a rep with 320. Did 3-4 weeks of over head press in place. In the mean time, do machine flies with the largest range of motion you can manage with light weight.
>>
Something like this happened to me about a year back.. didnt do anything now my shoulder feels fine except for when i stretch then you could definitely notice that its not as flexible.. idgaf tho nigga ima gangsta
>>
It's your pectoralis minor which is fucked up, pretty normal.
>take HOT showers (38 degrees or warmer)
>ice it every 6 hours twenty minutes at a time for at least 3 days.
>give it rest
>do mobility excersises
>sleep well (one of the most important things you have to do)

Also, no dips, chin ups, pull ups , etc. . Nothing that puts major stress on the tendon.

+-1,5 weeks and it will be fine
>>
Congrats on your injury. Sign of great effort. Proof youre on the way to making it.
>>
getting muscle pains and injury. try IMS physio treatment. not sure if the americunts can go to one though, cause of their weird medicinal laws about acupuncture and such.

IMS solved all my tendon and muscle and repetitive strain issues
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.