[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1451629856740.jpg (38 KB, 640x707) Image search: [Google]
1451629856740.jpg
38 KB, 640x707
I can't seem to feel anything in my pecs. No matter what I do, the closest I can feel anything on is my upper pecs when I do flies. Bench presses feel like they're all in my arms and shoulders. What do?
>>
>>36476143

push ups
>>
>>36476143
Do flys.
>>
A good cue is to focus on shortening the distance between your elbows when you do flies. Also, make sure you keep your shoulders back and try widening your grip when you do BP
>>
Gonna sound gay but best way to work on mind-muscle connection is to stand In front of a mirror and flex.

Get to a point where you can contract the muscle without moving.
>>
More weight
>>
>>36478197
It takes a long time. Just spend like 5 minutes a day per muscle, concentrate on 2-3 at a time. Like, get good at triceps and chest MMC. Then biceps, traps, lats etc.

I promise it helps. I could never properly activate my lats till I did this. Makes a huge difference. Once you can do it in a mirror do some isolation low weight and really squeeze.

I like cable fly for chest. Bring it in all the way make sure you clench/squueze chest when your hands meet. Dummbell flies don't really do it for me.
>>
>>36478218
No. Light weight and concentrate MMC.
>>
>>36476143
Learn to actually contract your chest. It sounds like right now secondary muscles are being treated as primary movers. It might help to try exercises that isolate the chest so you can't rely on secondary muscles and then use what you learn in muscle control in other chest exercises. Try svend press or floor press.
>>
>>36476143
Use Scooby's advice. Shoulders down and back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzNa8-pvqEg
>>
>>36478317 here -
Like a couple posts right above me said, squeeze your chest HARD at the end of the movement, it helps a lot. A nifty trick I learned from that is to squeeze it at the BOTTOM of the movement before you do your rep. A quick, but full, squeeze/flex of the pec, it helps to activate it by kind of kick-starting the mind/muscle connection. I learned these two tricks becaus eI have trouble activating my chest too. It's strong and all, but like you, my body tends to favor the other, chest-supporting muscles by instinct. You gotta fight that to get a big chest. Also, just watch videos of guys with big chests and see how they do it. I love Arnold, and to me, his chest is 100% perfect, so I watch Pumping Iron and analyze the way he does chest exercises.
>>
One more thing here quick. A good way to speed up mind muscle is to work the same thing a couple times in a row. Once you have even light doms, it makes it easier to tell exactly what is trigger what part of the muscle.
>>
Lol when I was in highschool I benched four times a week and my chest became really developed in comparison to the rest of my body. It never got sore though
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.