[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello all. Fat ass reporting in at 230 lbs. My question to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: umi-190-480x413.jpg (46 KB, 480x413) Image search: [Google]
umi-190-480x413.jpg
46 KB, 480x413
Hello all.

Fat ass reporting in at 230 lbs.

My question to all of you is - should i do cardio? Ive read places that you can just lift and you'll lose fat and gain muscle.

Also, since I should obviously be on a cut, would 1500 cals a day be too drastic? Should I eat 230g of protein a day or is that just a meme? When should I eat fruits and veggies?

This is all very confusing and overwhelming to me. I have read the sticky.
>>
not to drastic, when I was your weight (160 currently) I was eating 1000-1200 calories daily, one cheat day a month, and then intermitten fasting for 3 day cycles. Do what works for you, but this is what works for me
>>
Read the sticky again
>>
You only need .82g of protein per lb of lbm (lean body mass, basically your bodyweight minus the weight of your bodyfat)
.68 on a bulk.

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
>>36475973
Do cardio AND lift.
Cut 500 cals below maintenance and be paitient.
You can lose fat without doing cardio, but your cardiovascular system will still be shit.
As for protein, >>36476020 has the right of it. Go read the sticky again. Tomorrow, read it again. Keep reading it until you actually understand it, because that shit's written in a very casual tone and should be easy to understand.
>>
Cardio is great, but easy to overdo in the beginning. Look up Couch to 5k.

1500 is too drastic. You will end up so hungry, you will have a hard time not binging later. Try 1900-2000 calories, see how fast you lose weight, and tailor your weight loss pace from there.

230g of protein seems excessive. Something like 120-150g is a nice healthy amount that won't make it feel like your pounding in nothing but chicken breast.

Eat vegetables at every meal. Eat fruit like a treat, it's almost nothing but sugar with a pinch of fiber and vitamin C.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.