[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to start exercising and actually stick to it? Lots of people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1436444466001.jpg (194 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1436444466001.jpg
194 KB, 960x960
How to start exercising and actually stick to it?

Lots of people start and give up after a week or so. How do you avoid being one of those people?
>>
By growing the fuck up and doing it. Overthinking it makes you one of those fat losers that quit in a week.
>>
Find the exercise you actually like to do, there is more than just running, and once you find the one that actually feels good stick with it.
>>
>>36474425
Two easy steps OP.

1. Don't be a faggot
2. Go to the gym

Repeat.
>>
File: man in the glass.jpg (266 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
man in the glass.jpg
266 KB, 1000x1333
>>36474425
Started lifting in late december myself and surprisingly it's the one thing I've stuck to consistently. I think the trick is in the reasoning; at first I got into it for a large combination of things; I always felt like shit and wanted to try something new, being skinny as a rail and huffing when lifting a 50lb box of paper sucks, helps mind gains, etc. But now that I've stuck with it for awhile it's both become habit and it's one of the few times I don't feel like an absolute piece of human garbage. For me, after lifting is one of the few times the man in the glass is satisfied.

Really, it's as easy as sticking to a schedule and initially having just the barest amount of willpower to not make excuses why you should skip today.
>>
The moment you start thinking youre too tired, or start thinking of some excuse, start to think about something else. If you ponder it you will find yourself weasling out of going to the gym. Just tell yourself you are going no matter what and mean it. After a few weeks it gets a lot easier.
>>
>>36474425
Most of the people that bail out are the ones that tell everyone they're working out.

Don't do that.
>>
bump. i'd like to know ways also

i get really fucking bored working out most times, even with music.
>>
>>36474425

Find a program that you actually like and want to do. It could be a full body, it could be a split, could be not even weight lifting at all. You have to find something you'll be motivated to do or you won't do it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.